Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So, what are the chances of a random encounter with a cop turning bad?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    This doesn't make any sense. Any person does have the POTENTIAL to be a criminal. So, perhaps a better wording of it would be: there is a 12.7 times greater chance of being killed by a cop than a random person. Either way, the statistic is still valid. You can't invalidate it by saying the vast majority of people are not criminals. Anybody could be a criminal. They are only NOT criminals because they haven't committed a crime YET. That's not to say we should treat it as such like the cops do, but statistically speaking, the figure is valid.
    Ah- so you admit to being a criminal.

.00112 percent of all deaths in this country are caused by cops.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I've had run ins with bad ones, it happens.
    And since you claim that that has so much to do with where a person lives, it obviously must have been justified because you live in a trailer, right? Since many people think that living in a trailer is a rather ghetto thing to do, this obviously wouldn't have happened to you if you lived in a wealthy area, right?
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I recently became an admin for my county's Cop Block facebook page. This is one of my posts:

The job of a police officer, as it is currently structured, is fundamentally immoral for two reasons:

1. They are paid with money taken with the threat of violence from taxpayers (armed robbery victims).
    2. They are required, as part of the job description, to set aside morality in favor of enforcing the decrees of politicians regardless of whether there is an identifiable victim of the alleged "crime". To use the threat of violence to enforce a victimless "crime" means that the enforcer initiates aggression against the "law breaker", and that is never acceptable.

In order for a police officer's job to become moral, two things need to change:

A. They should accept payment only from voluntarily donated sources.
    B. They should only enforce "laws" that concern actual crime with an identifiable victim, and refrain from enforcing arbitrary rules laid out by politicians such as those that prevent a farmer from selling unpasteurized milk to a knowing customer.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Cop Block's motto is: "Badges don't grant extra rights". The only way for that to be true is if conditions (A) and (B) above are met. When conditions (1) and (2) are met, then those sporting badges are claiming extra rights.

The Declaration of Independence says, in part, "Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed", which implies that if a man does not consent, then the government has no just power over him.

The Constitution, however, purports to give certain people "authority" over others without consent. One of the claims is that "Congress shall have the power to lay and collect taxes".

No private individual has that power (they would immediately be identified as a robber or thief) so how can a private individual bestow that right on "Congress"? The only answer is that they cannot bestow that right from a logic standpoint. It is a fiction. A superstition.
    I own myself and you own yourself and for me to claim I have the authority to rule you is a violation of your self-ownership. It matters not whether everyone but you within the particular geographical area agrees that I should have authority to rule you, I cannot morally do so.

In that same way, a police officer cannot claim to have rights that private people do not have. They have no moral right to initiate aggression against someone who has harmed no one.

This is why, with the way things presently are done, there is no such thing as a "good cop". That does not mean that all people who become cops are ill-meaning. That a cop will occasionally change the tire on some poor old lady's car is evidence of that. But such good-intentions do not and cannot detract from the coercive nature of the job as it is presently structured.
    A couple days ago, this became my Facebook profile pic

A woman I know slightly, who used to work as a CAD designer until she was laid off a few years ago and is now a cop, unfriended me when that became my profile pic. (I've been posting stories of police abuse and corruption for a long time, but this was the straw that broke the camel's back)
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    And since you claim that that has so much to do with where a person lives, it obviously must have been justified because you live in a trailer, right? Since many people think that living in a trailer is a rather ghetto thing to do, this obviously wouldn't have happened to you if you lived in a wealthy area, right?
    I live in a wealthy area.

This isn't the first time you've made similar comments. It's getting old.

Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 11-23-2014 at 11:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Odds of being killed by either are extemely small. 2.5 million people died last year. 450 killed by cops make that probably the least likely way a person will die. Though based on threads here it might seem like the most common.

More stats. In 2010 there were 40 million police/ civilian "contacts". http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...data/14060357/ which would make the odds of a "random encounter with a cop turning bad" meaning your death .00112 percent of such encounters.
    death certainly isnt the only way an encounter with a cop will turn bad.

And it is pretty sad 1/7 people have a cop encounter every year. I bet in the 50's, it was more like 1/100.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12