Thread: DIY Made of Old Tires

Cool DIY Made of Old Tires

So cool. People are so creative, I'm impressed.

These are my favorites but there's lots more at the link.
    http://www.goodshomedesign.com/diy-tires/2/

I. NEED. THIS.
    I <3 Minions, I hope to acquire a few one day.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Inquire at your local garage. I think $25 a tire is the going rate, but keep your eyes out - sometimes they are found in streams and such.

Making sandals out of them is the classic use. That and swings for kids. They also make pretty good sleds on snow with a hill winters... though the inflatable inner tubes are much better.

-t

I thought this might be interesting for our shop.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Inquire at your local garage. I think $25 a tire is the going rate, but keep your eyes out - sometimes they are found in streams and such.

Making sandals out of them is the classic use. That and swings for kids. They also make pretty good sleds on snow with a hill winters... though the inflatable inner tubes are much better.

-t
    I don't know of any shops that charge you for taking away their used tires. Around here most are happy to give them away so they don't have to deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    I don't know of any shops that charge you for taking away their used tires. Around here most are happy to give them away so they don't have to deal with them.
    Depends. If they have some good tread on them, they can sell them. I'm not sure if they get charged for them or get paid to sell them to a re-treading place. I have been charged a disposal fee the last time I got new tires though.

Rather regret not keeping them. You can stack them and grow potato's in them. Instant deep bed.

-t

I think we have a disposal fee too. Which means that we can pick them up off the side of the road if we need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    There's a place around here that sells them for $5 each. I like the tire bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I think we have a disposal fee too. Which means that we can pick them up off the side of the road if we need them.
    And this, of course.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We give them away for free at work.

-t
    I wouldn't recommend paying for one, when they are so easy to get for free. Trash men won't take them, you can't just take them to the dump. It actually costs money to get rid of the damn things, so people will throw them anywhere they can get away with it: vacant lots, the yards of vacant houses, woods, parks, streams, the side of the road, railroad tracks - virtually any piece of land that someone has turned their back on for 5 minutes. Visit any of these places, and plenty of old tires can be had for free. If you put an ad on craigslist that you will take away old tires for free, I suspect you'll get flooded with responses.

Last year, I had a neighbor try to stick an old tire in my yard. It started out in their backyard, and kept ending up in mine. I just kept throwing it back over the fence into their yard. They finally figured out that I wasn't just going to accept their trash, and made it into a swing for their kids.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

A tire swing!!

I can't believe I'd never thought of that..

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

-t
    Heck, we could have gave you 40,000 of them a year or two ago!!! You can get all the free tires your heart desires. Just go talk to any shop.