Thread: Chinese Hospital Offers Men a Childbirth Simulation

Chinese Hospital Offers Men a Childbirth Simulation

Last edited by donnay; 11-23-2014 at 09:24 AM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Men Undergo Simulated Labor Contractions To Experience Pains Of Childbirth For Dutch TV Show

Dutch television hosts Dennis Storm and Valerio Zeno have done some pretty wild things for their show "Guinea Pigs." (In 2011, they ate each other's flesh in front of a live audience.) But the duo's latest escapade had them yelling and clutching their abdomens in agony when they opted to experience simulated labor contractions.

In a video clip from the show, Storm and Zeno reveal why they took on this particular challenge, explaining that giving birth is the worst pain there is. However, since men can't feel labor pains, the two men used electro-stimulations to simulate contractions so they could experience the distress for themselves.

"Do you think the pain will make us scream," Zeno asks before the shocks begin.

One of the nurses responds bluntly: "Yes, it definitely will."

She wasn't lying.

Propped on a bed with electrodes attached to their abdomens, Storm and Zeno last through two hours of the simulated contractions. Though they try to laugh through the strain, the men appear to be in complete misery as they double over and clutch pillows tightly.

While the time span of the simulation was much shorter than many instances of real-life labor, Storm and Zeno appeared to get the full experience. In the end, Zeno sums up the challenge as torture and wonders if he wants his wife to go through the same pain.

This isn't the first time a male TV show host has tested his pain threshold by experiencing faux labor pains.

In 2009, Dr. Andrew Rochford went through the entire childbirth experience during a similar simulation for Australian TV show "What's Good For You."

After more than two hours of contractions, Rochford started using some choice words, explaining that he could now "understand why women swear."

Watch how the Dutch TV show hosts handle the simulated contractions in the video above.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2498088.html
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

As a proud caretaker of testicles I'll respectfully decline....

I love it! I was wreck when my first son was born. Ten hours of labor before they finally had to do a c-section. It was a nightmare but I would've liked having a zapper to hit my husband with every time I had a labor pain. He was less than useless in the delivery room, I was in bad shape and needed an advocate, thank God my mom was there. I remember her yelling at the doctor asking him if he worked for the insurance company or the patient.

I had all kinds of issues and should've had a scheduled c-section. It was so bad my mom wanted me to sue but I didn't. I know c-sections aren't ideal but that one saved our lives.

Anyway, I like that gadget. Now we just need one to simulate menstrual cramps and menopause.

Uh , no thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

...Anyway, I like that gadget. Now we just need one to simulate menstrual cramps and menopause.
    Not to worry, we menfolk already suffer from those.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Oh FFS, bitch, bitch, bitch.

If ya'll had just followed the rules and not $#@!ed it up for all of us in the Garden of Eden, we wouldn't be having all this trouble now.

God should have just made Adam a dog for companionship.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How many men get to experience multiple orgasms?

Might just be a trade off?

I thought the OP would say the "simulation" involved grabbing the guys lower lip
    with pliers and somehow managing to stretch it up and then pull it back over the
    top of his head!

+++

Please, no more pain.

Anyhow, after the horror of my severe kidney stone incident, I had a few women
    telling me, "oh yea, THAT was worse than having a baby!"

IDK, but childbirth sounds bad enough as-is without the simulation... they don't
    need to stomp on my nuts to convince me!

I've felt other rather uncomfortable things before like additional kidney stones
    passing, various kicks to the testicles (and the classic fall of the seat of
    a bicycle), hammer-smashed thumb and back injury/sciatica pain down
    to the toes, but nothing has ever come even close to matching that severe kidney
    stone pain... Then again, I've never been tortured (pliers, burns, etc.)

Anything. Make the pain stop, please.

Although I know how to cut an episiotomy and not nick the rectum, I'd like to
    suggest to woman that test tube babies are the ultimate solution for having kids.

Complete abstinence also comes to mind. After all, there are just too many
    taxpayers in this word already.

Ouchee, ow ow. Storm, Zeno and Rochford sure know how to have a good time!

Men get to experience divorce. Ain't that enough?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Men get to experience divorce. Ain't that enough?
    And experience...

And experience...

And experience...

And experience...

Ad-infinitum....

Told dh in next life he is the woman and gives birth 8 times. He said no thanks. After being in the labor room numerous times there is no way he would choose to experience it first hand. First time I screamed, oh boy did I scream. By the eighth time, yeah, not so much as raise my voice. It does get easier after going through it a couple times. And yes, dh has slept during most of my labors and one time I was wanting to throw something at him for snoring and being so ridiculously comfortable but by the eighth time you kind of expecting it.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    I thought the OP would say the "simulation" involved grabbing the guys lower lip
    with pliers and somehow managing to stretch it up and then pull it back over the
    top of his head!

+++

Please, no more pain.

Anyhow, after the horror of my severe kidney stone incident, I had a few women
    telling me, "oh yea, THAT was worse than having a baby!"

IDK, but childbirth sounds bad enough as-is without the simulation... they don't
    need to stomp on my nuts to convince me!

I've felt other rather uncomfortable things before like additional kidney stones
    passing, various kicks to the testicles (and the classic fall of the seat of
    a bicycle), hammer-smashed thumb and back injury/sciatica pain down
    to the toes, but nothing has ever come even close to matching that severe kidney
    stone pain... Then again, I've never been tortured (pliers, burns, etc.)

Anything. Make the pain stop, please.

Although I know how to cut an episiotomy and not nick the rectum, I'd like to
    suggest to woman that test tube babies are the ultimate solution for having kids.

Complete abstinence also comes to mind. After all, there are just too many
    taxpayers in this word already.

Ouchee, ow ow. Storm, Zeno and Rochford sure know how to have a good time!
    LOL, A Renaissance Man!

With me they experience more pain and scream harder during the conception.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    And so endeth the thread...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And so endeth the thread...
    Agreed, I don't even know what to say to that....Congratulations?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Agreed, I don't even know what to say to that....Congratulations?
    The Dank is pretty good at leaving people speechless.

Bring that $#@! to the US and watch the goth kids and cutters line up around the corner to get a shot at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Oh FFS, bitch, bitch, bitch.

If ya'll had just followed the rules and not $#@!ed it up for all of us in the Garden of Eden, we wouldn't be having all this trouble now.

God should have just made Adam a dog for companionship.

Adam didn't follow the rules either, but I guess you missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Adam didn't follow the rules either, but I guess you missed that.
    Yah, it was a gag.