Thread: Republicans Huff and Puff Over Obama's Executive Order on Immigration

Republicans Huff and Puff Over Obama's Executive Order on Immigration

Republicans have spent the past few days busily issuing statements and furiously tweeting and updating their facebook status denouncing Obama's executive action on immigration reform.

Any one think it will amount to anything more than that? (other than a few more rants on Fox by Republican politicians)

Seems to me like pro wrestling without the wrestling.

Podcast Summary:
    https://smaulgld.com/obamas-immigrat...ecutive-order/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm0Yqm3yi8w

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's not like they are going to pick up rifles and march on 1600 Pennsylvania.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    But they sure will issue statements and do ANYTHING, other than shut down the government, bring impeachment hearings.
    Why do that when you can tweet and appear on Hannity?

Quote Originally Posted by Smaulgld View Post
    But they sure will issue statements and do ANYTHING, other than shut down the government, bring impeachment hearings.
    LOL

Don't get me wrong, you do have point. I think he should be impeached regardless. I also thought Bush should be impeached. Although I think their reasoning is cowardly, they DO have a point that impeachment would all but guarantee a Democrat President after 2016. That doesn't mean I wouldn't impeach. I don't believe such things should be subject to political considerations like the fact that it will push the voters towards the Dems come the next election. I think that should be irrelevant. They should impeach based on High Crimes and Misdemeanors, regardless of the political considerations. Nevertheless I don't blame a dog for being a dog, neither will i blame a politician for being a politician. Disappointed, sure, but not nearly as angry as some.

Obama needs impeached. He won't be because the Republicans recognize that would lead to a Democrat President in 2016. It's a BS reason, but it's not untrue.

Yes i made that point in the podcast the Republicans need to take real action if they believe the constitution had been violated
    They wont

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    In Soviet America, 1600 Pennsylvania picks up rifles and marches on YOU ... /Yakov-Smirnoff-voice
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Yes i made that point in the podcast the Republicans need to take real action if they believe the constitution had been violated
    They wont
    Because if they did, the same thing could happen to them in the future. They would rather "score points".

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Title is misleading, there was no Executive Order.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Title is misleading, there was no Executive Order.
    He signed them Friday. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...lions-illegal/