Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cleveland cop shoots 12yo boy carrying BB gun

it looked like they tried to hit him with the car!

serious question:
    when did this start, and how can this be stopped?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    I haven't seen the video (couldn't get it to load) -- but I read elsewhere that the cop fell on his ass after firing the shot -- that's how quickly he fired after jumping out of a moving car -- if that's so, there is NO way the kid had time to respond to any command, or for the cop to give one ... manslaughter at the least.
    I saw the video and it was murder simple as that. Yes he fell on his ass after he shot the kid when he got out of a moving car.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    it looked like they tried to hit him with the car!

serious question:
    when did this start, and how can this be stopped?
    It started when the feds, mostly after 9//11 started adopting the CFR and urged all the local cops, through the Fusion Centers, to adopt the CFR, military style ROE and gave them military equipment and training.

From another thread:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And what I have been bitching and hollering about now for YEARS...

The Circular Force Continuum.

<snip>

‘Officers may use any force available’

The Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) division of the Utah Department of Safety oversees, directly or indirectly, the basic training of all police recruits in Utah. At its four-month academy, cadets are introduced to the use-of-force continuum, a diagram showing officer force options — simply showing up at the scene; verbal commands, touching or holding a subject, pepper spray, police dogs, baton, Taser, or deadly force — arrayed in a circle for the officer’s selection.

"Officers may use any force available provided they can justify the reasonableness of force used," the manual states.

Adams maintains that officers in Utah typically use less force than may be justified.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/1842489-1...outpacing-gang
    Just so everybody is clear on this:

The CFC maintains that a cop can use whatever force he deems reasonable to ensure his safety, including deadly force.

What that means in the real world is a cop can blow you away for twitching funny, making "furtive movements" or "menacing staring".

And the "reasonableness" of his action will be determined by...fellow cops.

Which is why, after years and hundreds of shootings in one sparsely populated state, ONLY ONE was ever determined to be "unreasonable".

Treat every encounter with a cop as potentially life threatening one, and avoid these criminal lunatics at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    It started when the feds, mostly after 9//11 started adopting the CFR and urged all the local cops, through the Fusion Centers, to adopt the CFR, military style ROE and gave them military equipment and training.
    I think most of it started when PDs started hiring almost nothing but fresh-from-Iraq-and-Afghanistan kids that were taught to live in fear overseas and to shoot first and ask questions later, while weeding out candidates with high IQs. Indeed the training after hiring and feds arming PDs with military gear took it to the next level though.

Ive seen statements that the shooting cop is also black. Can't verify it yet but that could explain the lack of coverage. Media can't pit one race against another so what's the point?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

From another thread:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And what I have been bitching and hollering about now for YEARS...

The Circular Force Continuum.

Just so everybody is clear on this:

The CFC maintains that a cop can use whatever force he deems reasonable to ensure his safety, including deadly force.

What that means in the real world is a cop can blow you away for twitching funny, making "furtive movements" or "menacing staring".

And the "reasonableness" of his action will be determined by...fellow cops.

Which is why, after years and hundreds of shootings in one sparsely populated state, ONLY ONE was ever determined to be "unreasonable".

Treat every encounter with a cop as potentially life threatening one, and avoid these criminal lunatics at all costs.

Do you mean this one?

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

The CFC makes cops far more dangerous to society than roid rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    I haven't seen the video (couldn't get it to load) -- but I read elsewhere that the cop fell on his ass after firing the shot -- that's how quickly he fired after jumping out of a moving car -- if that's so, there is NO way the kid had time to respond to any command, or for the cop to give one ... manslaughter at the least.
    I posted on the other thread: (7 minutes and 12 seconds)

7:12 the cop is getting out of the car. 7:13 kid is falling over dead. 7:14 cop falls on his ass.

Kid was dead within 1 second of the cop encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    I posted on the other thread: (7 minutes and 12 seconds)

7:12 the cop is getting out of the car. 7:13 kid is falling over dead. 7:14 cop falls on his ass.

Kid was dead within 1 second of the cop encounter.
    Cops are either:

1) cold blooded murderers
    2) patently incompetent to serve as police officers.

If they honestly believed he had a gun, is the best thing to do to jump out of a moving car, right in front of him, on slippery snow? Bull$#@!.
    Furthermore, I don't think that I could open a door, step out of a car, draw, turn off the safety, and fire all in 1 second. I think this lunatic was sitting there with his finger on the trigger while the car was pulling up. Pre-$#@!ing-meditated.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

No hesitation.

Glad to see their training is working.

This 12 year old Kid was dead before he could even get to this picture of a kid standing with a gun pointed.

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    Cops are either:

1) cold blooded murderers
    2) patently incompetent to serve as police officers.

If they honestly believed he had a gun, is the best thing to do to jump out of a moving car, right in front of him, on slippery snow? Bull$#@!.
    Furthermore, I don't think that I could open a door, step out of a car, draw, turn off the safety, and fire all in 1 second. I think this lunatic was sitting there with his finger on the trigger while the car was pulling up. Pre-$#@!ing-meditated.

I'm sure he was thinking to eliminate a future gang banger. Pyschopath probably thinks he did the world a favor and is happy about it. That kid was dead the moment the 9-1-1 call came through.

BTW Ohio is an open carry state. Not that it matters in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    I'm sure he was thinking to eliminate a future gang banger. Pyschopath probably thinks he did the world a favor and is happy about it. That kid was dead the moment the 9-1-1 call came through.

BTW Ohio is an open carry state. Not that it matters in this case.
    You can see this sort of attitude in comments and posts on cop websites and forums. They're not even shy about it either.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

The cleveland.com article comments indicate the shooting cop was a rookie-in-training and the driver was his field training officer. Epic fail by the FTO. When the trainers do stupid $#@! like drive up on the grass and dump the rookie right in front of an "armed black male", this crap will happen. I think this demonstrates my earlier point that the hiring discrimination against intelligent people is a big root cause of these incidents. They're just not intelligent people capable of making correct judgments.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

DFF WTF dude?

How do yo neg rep that post above? I posted CONTENT. No opinion. I created the first youtube of the incident and its the first on the web with a sound track.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Stupid fuggin cop move anyway. Drive up net to a supposedly armed suspect and exit in his immediate line of fire? Should have pulled in at the curb and used the vehicle and doors as a shield while demanding him to drop the weapon. Fuggin dipshits. 12 yr. old dead. And NOTHING will come of it.
    Dude, that's the way HEROES do it! You don't hide from some pussy-assed 12 yo, you roll right up on him and give him 3/8ths of a second to comply with the order you're still in the process of yelling out. We don't need pussies on the police force, we need HEROES! Just like the guys you see in the movies.

These two fine police officers are one of two things: heroes, or legends in the making. I'll let you decide which it is.

Red Green is that a tactical/subdued ancap flag ? lol

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    You can see this sort of attitude in comments and posts on cop websites and forums. They're not even shy about it either.
    Same responses on cop block pages as well. There almost seems to be an orchestrated effort on the Cop Block pages by these guys for every article that gets posted has the arrogant, psychopathic responses of what a benefit these deaths are to society to rid the world of thugs no matter what the situation is in question.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

I had been on the fence for years , giving LEOs the benefit of the doubt, until I started reading online forums infested by lots of cops (gun forums, hunting and fishing forums, etc).

Then I started reading their postings, and seeing their attitudes on those forums. They really do think that they are better than everyone else, and that NOBODY should question how they do anything (and if you do you will be met with all sort of smart ass comments and childish put-downs). And if an LEO has mod powers he will do his best to see that any discussion of bad cops is very limited (or declare it to be "cop bashing" and lock or delete the thread). Or the cops will gang up and make lots of personal attacks to get the thread locked for that reason.

Most of them really do seem to get off on the power they have, and I have even seen them posting about how "going hands on" with people is one of their favorite parts of the job. Most of them seem really creepy, and I have a feeling that the ones posting online are fairly representative of most LEOs. And a lot of the non-LEOs on those forums line up to sniff their holsters, I guess wanting to be part of the gang ...

On one thread I saw on a gun forum (ARFCOM), about the Kelly Thomas beating death, it went for over 50 pages and I didn't see even ONE of the officers there admit that those cops murdered him. Every single one thought it was an appropriate use of force, and that Kelly "did it to himself." As I said, a bunch of knuckle-dragging creeps ... and they seem proud of it.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 11-27-2014 at 11:03 AM.

I think most of it started when PDs started hiring almost nothing but fresh-from-Iraq-and-Afghanistan kids that were taught to live in fear overseas and to shoot first and ask questions later, while weeding out candidates with high IQs.
    It goes back much further than that, but you are right that it has a direct relationship to military veterans and foreign intervention. Today's police force would be unrecognizable to the New Englander constabulary of the 18th century.

. Meet Prof. Jeremy Kuzmarov Author of Modernizing Repression: Police Training and Nation Building in the American Century

. To build off the last question, the book focuses on police training programs as an element of US imperial strategy dating from the US conquest of the Philippines at the turn of the 20th century through the present. A primary focus is on the Cold War period, where clandestine policing operations were designed to assist in anticommunist rollback operations and to fortify client regimes.
    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

The cleveland.com article comments indicate the shooting cop was a rookie-in-training and the driver was his field training officer. Epic fail by the FTO. When the trainers do stupid $#@! like drive up on the grass and dump the rookie right in front of an "armed black male", this crap will happen. I think this demonstrates my earlier point that the hiring discrimination against intelligent people is a big root cause of these incidents. They're just not intelligent people capable of making correct judgments.
    Fire them both.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

that "kid" is a future thug and drug dealer, cops made the right decision giving him a late term abortion and probably saving many victims in the future from murder/robbery/theft/rape

not to mention drain on society with his welfare and food stamps

/s
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    I wonder if people will start painting the tips of real guns safety orange...

Might make the cops a little less trigger happy.

-t
    Yes it already happens. And kids paint their orange tips black too

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think the pictures of the bb gun were officially released, it looked like a Kimber model 1911 45acp ,almost identical. I do think the procedures and training were very flawed though of the police. They acted like combat troops driving assaulting rather than assessing the situation and trying to communicate first. Policy,procedure,training...all flawed.

Now if the kid had one of these!

MATTEL FANNER 50 SHOOTIN' SHELL CAP GUN COMMERCIAL

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W8qXLxHi9_8

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    It goes back much further than that, but you are right that it has a direct relationship to military veterans and foreign intervention. Today's police force would be unrecognizable to the New Englander constabulary of the 18th century.

. Meet Prof. Jeremy Kuzmarov Author of Modernizing Repression: Police Training and Nation Building in the American Century

XNN
    I think the aggressive invasion nature of military adventures since 2001 is a newer wrinkle, however, and requires a different form of training (mental conditioning) of those soldiers. When they come back, they're still in the mindset that they're in a hostile foreign country and everyone is out to kill them if given a chance.

Was there in increase in police violence against citizens after Vietnam? I haven't read the book and it may address this, but I wonder if there is a correlation between aggressive invasion wars and increased violence against US citizens by police soon after. Also correlated to clamping down TPTB's authority during rough economic times. I can't quite put it together but they seem related, almost as a process.

I think the aggressive invasion nature of military adventures since 2001 is a newer wrinkle, however, and requires a different form of training (mental conditioning) of those soldiers. When they come back, they're still in the mindset that they're in a hostile foreign country and everyone is out to kill them if given a chance.

Was there in increase in police violence against citizens after Vietnam? I haven't read the book and it may address this, but I wonder if there is a correlation between aggressive invasion wars and increased violence against US citizens by police soon after. Also correlated to clamping down TPTB's authority during rough economic times. I can't quite put it together but they seem related, almost as a process.
    You raise very good questions.

The people that actively avoided being drafted, but still wanted to gain favor from the beast got the now-enviable job of killing fellow citizens at home in the National Guard. That has to have a long term affect on raising the overall appetite for the domestic police state.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Stupid fuggin cop move anyway. Drive up net to a supposedly armed suspect and exit in his immediate line of fire? Should have pulled in at the curb and used the vehicle and doors as a shield while demanding him to drop the weapon. Fuggin dipshits. 12 yr. old dead. And NOTHING will come of it.
    Everyone should GET F/FOC (friend/family of cop) status. That will keep us safe. Except maybe during 'roid rages and such...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

We can thank Daryl Gates for the first SWAT team in LA back in the late 60's. It's no surprise that Gates was a WW2 vet.

From "Treading the Thin Blue Line" by Karan Singh.
    . Gates and several other supervisors in the LAPD began studying guerrilla warfare tactics with the goal of forming anti-sniper teams. The war in Vietnam, ongoing at this time, was a source of guerrilla warfare information that soon led Gates to the U.S. Marine unit at a nearby naval armory. The Marines shared their knowledge of counterinsurgency operations and guerrilla warfare with the Gates team.
    But it's goes back further. Here are a couple other articles by Professor Kuzmarov.
    http://www.japanfocus.org/-Jeremy-Kuzmarov/3319
    . This article, drawing on declassified U.S. government archives, examines some of the landmark instances in the historical development of American police training programs to highlight the origins of current policies in the killing fields of Afghanistan and Iraq. Over years, as U.S. imperial attention has shifted from one region to another, police training and financing has remained an unobserved constant, evolving with new strategies and weapons innovations but always retaining the same strategic goals and tactical elements.
    http://www.japanfocus.org/-Jeremy-Kuzmarov/3785
    . From 1967 to 1970 the OPS team in Korea was headed by Frank Jessup, a Republican appointee as superintendent of the Indiana State Police in the mid- 1950s and veteran of police programs in Greece, Liberia, Guatemala, and Iran. A sergeant with the Marine Corps Third Division who served in counterintelligence during the Pacific war and as chief of civil defense with the U.S. federal police, Jessup was a national officer of the American Legion.
    Those police trainers for the past hundred years have parlayed their experiences overseas, where there were no Constitutional protections, into positions of authority back stateside and spreading their cancerous views by ending up as the policy setters.

XNN

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    serious question: when did this start, and how can this be stopped?
    It's been going on for a while ...

http://ladailymirror.com/2013/03/21/...lding-toy-gun/
    Millennial Moment: Officer Kills Boy, 5, Holding Toy Gun
    Posted on March 21, 2013

March 3, 1983: Patrick Andrew Mason was too sick to go to school, and his mother Patricia Ridge, 29, had no one to care for him while she went to her job charging car batteries at a Sears store in Buena Park, so she left him alone in their apartment at 8101 Cerritos Ave. in Stanton, putting him in a bedroom with a TV set and tying the door shut with heavy string.

snip

About 5:30 p.m., Police Officer Anthony Sperl, who had been with the department a little over a year, responded to the apartment, which was later described as being in an “anti-police” “gang-troubled” neighborhood.”

snip
    With a gun in one hand and a flashlight in the other, Sperl entered the apartment. He heard noises coming from the bedroom and called out. “After receiving no reply, Sperl became ‘panicky.’ Fearing that he was being ‘set up,’ [he] kicked in the door, saw a figure pointing a gun at him and fired,” The Times said.

He said later that the room was only lit by a TV set and that he saw a figure with a gun, so he fired, killing Patrick Andrew Mason, 5.

The aftershocks of this tragic incident reverberated through the court system for years and raised the debates about latchkey children, officer-involved shootings and relations between white police officers and African Americans.

In September 1983, Sperl retired on disability from the department after the Orange County Grand Jury decided not to indict him in the killing. In 1986, Ridge dropped her $20-million wrongful death suit against Sperl and the city of Stanton, which agreed to pay her $395,000.

snip
    Last edited by SeanTX; 11-27-2014 at 08:01 PM.

In September 1983, Sperl retired on disability from the department after the Orange County Grand Jury decided not to indict him in the killing. In 1986, Ridge dropped her $20-million wrongful death suit against Sperl and the city of Stanton, which agreed to pay her $395,000.

And everyone lived happily ever after.....

On the taxpayer's dime, of course.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast