Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleveland cop shoots 12yo boy carrying BB gun

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    How could any child die from an actual gunshot at school if
    all guns (and even gun-shaped Pop Tarts) are already completely
    banned every school ground?

Maybe the voters are going to have to take guns away from
    the police in that town.

Who gave the kid that toy gun and let him take it to school?
    (Don't they know it's not 1948 so kids can't bring loaded
    guns to school anymore.)

Who called 911? Were they thanked?

+++

I imagine no one is happy about this, especially the kid's
    parents. I'm so sorry for them....

I don't know what to call it, but after feeling angry, sad
    and disgusted over this, now I can't feel anything at all.
    Who called 911? Were they thanked?
    Usual an old person would call 911 in cases that are so small like this. Just saying.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Usual an old person would call 911 in cases that are so small like this. Just saying.
    That's what I read elsewhere, that it was an elderly person who called in, and he also said that he thought the "gun" was likely a toy , but that people were being "scared" by it.

Don't call the police. Or at least wait until you actually hear some gunshots or know people are being shot.

In many places, open carry is legal, and you can't freak out every time you see somebody holding what might be a "gun."

The guy gunned down in the Ohio Walmart would have been carrying perfectly legally if he was holding a real AR-15 (instead of the air rifle he was leaning on). However, some dipsh*t had to call 911, and cops came a runnin' , ready to shoot on sight ...
    Last edited by SeanTX; 11-23-2014 at 04:41 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    However, some dipsh*t had to call 911, and cops came a runnin' , ready to shoot on sight ...
    I find it just unbelievable that the police did not make any attempt to vet the 911 call; no speaking to the management, no looking at the stores video camera, they just ran in and started shooting. I think the 911 caller ought to be held accountable for this death as well as the shooter.

Whoever called the cops, I hope they know what they did, and I hope it haunts them.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    In the 911 call the kid was described as black.
    OK, so we are halfway there. If the officer was white, then the shooting was not justified. Otherwise, no harm, no foul.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    he obviously charged the officer
    Here's a short narrative of how I see this going down. It is, perhaps, not factually accurate, but generally a moving account of how I see this as happening in the minds of the officers who shoot citizens either without thinking or fully aware that what they are about to do is cold-blooded murder by anyone else's standards.

Exonerated by PaulConventionWV,

While baring his teeth and reaching into his waistband with a "wild look" in his eyes, the unhinged 12-year-old boy was a sight to behold. It was at that moment they knew they would be exonerated of all guilt. One officer looked at the other. "Ready?" he asked. The other officer cocked his gun as the 12-year-old boy came charging toward them, then took aim. "Ready", he replied.
    Last edited by PaulConventionWV; 11-23-2014 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    How is it that we have the right to BEAR arms... yet when someone reaches for their gun it warrants summary execution?

Shouldn't there have to be a threat? Menacing?
    I think people should wait until the gun is actually pointed at someone before shooting. It might expose you to slightly greater risk, but it's worth it to prevent things like this. I wouldn't be willing to shoot someone until they pointed the gun at me. If you already have your gun up, then you should be able to respond to that quickly enough to prevent being shot.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Whoever called the cops, I hope they know what they did, and I hope it haunts them.
    Article on this shooting I just read stated that the 911 operator was told SEVERAL times by the caller that the gun was likely fake/toy and it was a young kid with it. I do fault the caller for being a ninny but it sounds like the 911 operator/dispatcher didn't pass that info on to the responding cop.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I think people should wait until the gun is actually pointed at someone before shooting. It might expose you to slightly greater risk, but it's worth it to prevent things like this. I wouldn't be willing to shoot someone until they pointed the gun at me. If you already have your gun up, then you should be able to respond to that quickly enough to prevent being shot.
    Frankly, if a suspect has a weapon police should be obliged to take cover, surround, and negotiate. Execute first and ask questions later is unamerican and anti due process.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Sounds like one brave officer. Hope he gets a promotion and a bunch of valor medals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Sounds like one brave officer. Hope he gets a promotion and a bunch of valor medals.
    yes I feel sorry for this police officer for making such a brave decision and it will surely cause stress on him in the future.
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Article on this shooting I just read stated that the 911 operator was told SEVERAL times by the caller that the gun was likely fake/toy and it was a young kid with it. I do fault the caller for being a ninny but it sounds like the 911 operator/dispatcher didn't pass that info on to the responding cop.
    Or the cop just didn't care?

Cops say the toy didn't have the orange tip...but also say that the boy was shot while it was in his waistband. So, poor excuse?
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

I wonder how long it's going to take for the "he was no angel" and "most likely a thug or going to become one anyway" narrative to pop up.

Comments are pretty disturbing. Most say kid deserved it....WTF.

I think it will, this would be a lesson not to call the cops over the smallest things even if you think you saw or see kids playing guns those calling should think twice before overacting and ruining someone's family.

this is a future criminal, we should give those officers raises.
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

#TangoDown: Anonymous close Cleveland City govt website over 12yo shooting death...

The Hacktivist collective Anonymous have launched an attack on the official site for the City of Cleveland after 12-year-old Temir Rice was shot dead by local police for carrying a BB gun.

“This rookie officer apparently was not trained. The police department he works for is to blame for this lack of appropriate training. Officers are equipped with many non-lethal options such as Taser guns. Why did he not use a Taser on this child? Shooting him in cold blood was not necessary with these non-lethal options available,” a statement from the collective said.

The group further questioned whether the police were so “moronic” that they were unable to use anything other than lethal force to deescalate the situation. The called the justification that the police “feared for their lives” ludicrous, as Rice was only 12-years-old and armed with an air soft gun. The message concluded with a vow to target all municipalities whose “ignorant” and poorly-trained officers pose a threat to society.

“Police of the United States you will learn in due time once Anonymous has shut down your sites that we will not stand for your ignorant, untrained rookie cops.”

On Monday, Twitter was awash with the hashtag #TangoDown, the telltale sign of an Anonymous-affiliated attack. Many of the tweets provided links to the official site for the city of Cleveland, which was inaccessible at the time of writing.

The individual who called in called 911 had told dispatchers the boy was on a swing set and was scaring people with a pistol that was “probably fake.”

The president of the Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association told The Associated Press, however, that the officers responding to the incident were not told the caller believed the gun was not real.

Monday’s Anonymous action is only the latest civil rights furor the collective has weighed in recent times. The group is currently involved in an ongoing struggle both with the Police Department of Ferguson, Missouri, and the Ku Klux Klan (KKK).

On Wednesday, they released a video warning that if either Ferguson police or the KKK used violence against peaceful protesters they would face consequences.

Meanwhile, a grand jury is set to announce its decision on whether or not to charge Officer Darren Wilson, who shot and killed Michael Brown in Ferguson on August 9, for the death of the unarmed teen.

There are fears in the city that any decision not to try Wilson could incite further unrest.

Continued - #TangoDown: Anonymous close Cleveland City govt website over 12yo shooting death

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    Comments are pretty disturbing. Most say kid deserved it....WTF.
    That's because he was a "ghetto rat." People are even saying the say about the innocent unarmed Brooklyn man killed by NYPD the other day. There are just too many ignorant Bubbas and Boobuses in this country, and that's why things will never change ...

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    WATCH | Hackers claim attack on Cleveland's Web site
    http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local...ting/19475627/

CLEVELAND -- Anonymous, a group of hackers, is claiming responsibility for shutting down the city of Cleveland's Web site after a 12-year-old boy was killed by police.

An 81-second YouTube video is accompanied with the following message:

Hello Citizens of the world, we are anonymous... Today we have recently learned of the tragic death of 12 year old Temir Rice, who got shot twice in the stomach for having a BB gun and whose fate was decided by an overzealous rookie officer... The Cleveland police department has refused to release the name of this childs murderer.... A quote from counter current news states that "They acknowledged that a 12-year-old was shot in the stomach by a First District officer. They would not reveal the name of that officer. When we asked them if the child was armed, they hesitated and said we really can't say. This Rookie officer apparently was not trained. The police department he works for is to blame for this lack of appropriate training Officers are equipped with many non-lethal options such as Taser guns. Why did he not use a Taser on this child? Shooting him in cold blood was not necessary with these non-lethal options available. Are the police so moronic that they have to use the so called lethal force? The excuse " We were feared for our lives" is Ludacris when the victim was only 12 years old and only had possession of a toy airsoft gun... Police of the United States you will learn in due time once anonymous has shut down your sites that we will not stand for your ignorant untrained rookie cops. We Are Anonymous. We Are Legion. We Do Not Forgive. We Do Not Forget. Expect Us.
    ---

Cleveland officials say they were notified this morning their Web site was under attack. Although city officials could not confirm it is Anonymous, an investigation has ignited.

Residents can still reach the city by calling 311 or 216-644-2900.

Mobile users can watch the Anonymous YouTube video HERE.

Cleveland city officials are holding an 11 a.m. press conference with an update regarding their investigation of the police-involved shooting. We will be streaming that press conference HERE.

-t

I probably should have started a separate thread.

-t

I am just going to say this, I think people should know better by now not to wave a toy gun around. We live in a society where someone is bound to be afraid of it and call the cops. And if the cops do show up, there is a high chance of you getting shot. Teach it to your kids and hope they listen because the world is not what it used to be and playing with a gun lookalike is not all its cracked up to be. Just crank up Battle field or Call of duty video games and have some good, clean, safe fun

You would be so dead, reaction takes a bit longer than action. While i am not a fan of the shoot em first/anything to make it home/ officer safety generation of leo's, this case is a toss up for me. I may have shot, may have, and that is only if i did not have the information that it was a BB gun. If i saw someone pulling a firearm from their waist (if that detail is true) then i would do what was needed to stop the threat.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I am just going to say this, I think people should know better by now not to wave a toy gun around. We live in a society where someone is bound to be afraid of it and call the cops. And if the cops do show up, there is a high chance of you getting shot. Teach it to your kids and hope they listen because the world is not what it used to be and playing with a gun lookalike is not all its cracked up to be. Just crank up Battle field or Call of duty video games and have some good, clean, safe fun
    I hate to say it, but it all dependent on what color your skin is. Mexican or black and your ass is grass, white or Asian and you may live.

Some politician there wants to pass a law requiring that "toy" guns be painted totally in a bright color, instead of just the required orange tip. As if that will change things , lol.

The police will just claim that criminals are painting real guns the same color , so they will still "have" to shoot anyway (and of course that is a possibility, conveniently so for the police).

Black cop under the command of a black police chief shoots black kid... Not much outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Had that gun been real, and the child actually knew how to shoot it, a cop could have been killed. More likely just injured, but a cop could have been killed.

I'm sorry, but if you ask me to choose between the lives of a hero and a small child, I'll go with the hero every time.
    Why is this cop a hero? WTF am I missing?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by morfeeis View Post
    You would be so dead, reaction takes a bit longer than action. While i am not a fan of the shoot em first/anything to make it home/ officer safety generation of leo's, this case is a toss up for me. I may have shot, may have, and that is only if i did not have the information that it was a BB gun. If i saw someone pulling a firearm from their waist (if that detail is true) then i would do what was needed to stop the threat.
    I was in law enforcement, you don't have to shoot to kill... you know. You can shoot to disable, not to kill. And in this case, the officer who killed was wrong. Wasn't this officer wearing a bullet proof vest, as all do? Couldn't he disable the kid first if he thought firing was the solution? ... How about legs first?

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    I was in law enforcement, you don't have to shoot to kill... you know. You can shoot to disable, not to kill. And in this case, the officer who killed was wrong. Wasn't this officer wearing a bullet proof vest, as all do? Couldn't he disable the kid first if he thought firing was the solution? ... How about legs first?
    Obviously just staying out of the equation and observing for a while was out of the option. I mean, that kid was pretending to play pew-pew! for at least a while before the cop showed up. He had to take immediate action.. the next pew-pew! could have been a real one.

Many lives were saved that day.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

orange tip, fake, nothing, whatever. when has it really matter to a cop?

Police: Video clearly shows shooting of Ohio boy, 12

In the 911 call that reported a boy waving a gun around at a Cleveland park, the caller says the gun was probably fake. Twelve-year-old Tamir Rice was shot and killed by police. It's unclear if the officers were ever told the gun might be fake. VPC

Surveillance video is "very clear on what took place" at a Cleveland playground when a rookie police officer fatally shot a 12-year-old boy brandishing a fake gun, police said Monday.

Tamir Rice was shot twice in the torso Saturday afternoon and died at a hospital Sunday morning.

Deputy Chief Ed Tomba said the officer, one of two who responded to a dispatcher's call, was less than 10 feet from Tamir under a gazebo when the confrontation took place He declined to say if the video matches the officer's description of events, saying a full interview of the officer has not been conducted.

Neither he nor Chief Calvin Williams explained why police have not obtained a full statement from the officer.

The boy's family declined to view the video but it was shown to family representatives, Tomba said. Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Timothy McGinty said the video would be released, but did not say when.

The identities of the officers have not been made public. They were placed on three days' paid administrative leave, and will be on restricted duty when they return, police said.

Tomba said the investigation could take three months, after which a grand jury will hear the case to decide if charges are warranted.

Tomba said one officer fired twice after the boy pulled the fake weapon from his waistband but had not pointed it at police. The boy did not make any verbal threats, but he grabbed the replica handgun after being told to raise his hands, Tomba said.

Williams said the "airsoft"-type pellet gun lacked the orange safety tip required at the time of sale and was indistinguishable from a real semiautomatic pistol.

"Guns are not toys," he said. "We need to teach our kids that."

"Who would've thought he would go so soon?" Gregory Henderson, a close friend of Tamir's family, told WKYC-TV. "To be 12 years old, he doesn't know what he's doing. Police, they know what they're doing."

Henderson also questioned why police did not use a Taser-type weapon.

"You shot him twice, not once, and at the end of the day you all don't shoot for the legs, you shoot for the upper body," Henderson said to the Cleveland Plain Dealer.Henderson, identified by that newspaper's website as Tamir's father, said Tamir was a "respectful" young man who minded his elders.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...-boy/19471925/
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    orange tip, fake, nothing, whatever. when has it really matter to a cop?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...-boy/19471925/
    When the SWAT team killed the black man in Walmart with the airsoft gun, the gun had not been altered. And police have shot people reaching for their wallets.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast