Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cleveland cop shoots 12yo boy carrying BB gun

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Everyone should GET F/FOC (friend/family of cop) status. That will keep us safe. Except maybe during 'roid rages and such...
    I am friends with one by family association*, but doesn't taking an anti-cop position kind of, in general, make it hard to get such status? I mean, I have a hard time imaginging the likes of Will Grigg or Larken Rose being particular popular among police, in general. Yes, I can imagine some exceptions.

*Yes, I also realize 2-3 people are going to judge me for that first sentence. Whatever. I think I'm pretty much as anti-cop as I can be without being anti-Christian.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Meanwhile, in CO man faces felony charges for pointing banana at police; I'm sure if they had shot him it would have been considered a "good shoot"

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/colorado...ana-at-police/

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    Meanwhile, in CO man faces felony charges for pointing banana at police; I'm sure if they had shot him it would have been considered a "good shoot"

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/colorado...ana-at-police/
    That deserves its own thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...nana-at-police
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

The number of comments I have read as to how "sorry" they feel for the "poor cop" is disturbing.

The boot-licking grand jury probably still won't indict this goon.

Cop Who Killed Tamir Rice Was Previously Kicked off Force for 'Dismal' Gun Performance, Emotional Instability
    http://reason.com/blog/2014/12/03/co...was-previously

Timothy Loehmann, the Cleveland police officer who shot and killed 12-year-old Tamir Rice within two seconds of encountering the boy, was deemed "unfit for duty" while serving on another police force. Supervisors specifically cited his "dismal" handgun performance and emotional instability when they forced him to resign in December 2012.

Loehmann was previously employed by the City of Independence. During a training exercise at a gun range, he became "distracted and weepy," according to information obtained by The Guardian:

Officer Timothy Loehmann, who killed Tamir Rice on 22 November, was specifically faulted for breaking down emotionally while handling a live gun. During a training episode at a firing range, Loehmann was reported to be “distracted and weepy” and incommunicative. “His handgun performance was dismal,” deputy chief Jim Polak of the Independence, Ohio, police department wrote in an internal memo.

The memo concludes with a recommendation that Loehmann be “released from the employment of the City of Independence”. Less than a week later, on 3 December 2012, Loehmann resigned.
    Loehmann was hired by Cleveland PD in March of this year. It isn't clear whether the department knew about his previous struggles. If it didn't, then apparently his background check was neglected. If it did—and hired him anyway—that's even more damning.

Rice was killed while playing with a fake gun at the park. The toy's orange cap had been removed, rendering it impossible to distinguish from a real gun. Even so, the 911 caller who alerted the authorities told them that the boy he spied playing with a weapon was probably carrying a fake. It's not clear whether Loehmann was given that information; the police union has said that he wasn't.

Regardless, video surveillance shows Loehmann drive up to Rice and kill him within two seconds.

The shooting is an outrage, even if Loehmann had an impeccable record. But this latest news does make it worse, and shows that the department deserves some blame.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Tamir Rice: Judge finds probable cause to charge officers with murder, negligent homicide

A judge has found that there is probable cause to charge the Cleveland, Ohio police officer accused of shooting and killing 12-year-old Tamir Rice with murder, while his partner could be charged with negligent homicide, according to local news reports.

A Cuyahoga County judge found probable cause to charges against Officers Timothy Loehmann and Frank Garmback in connection with Rice’s death.

Judge Ronald B. Adrine wrote in his judgment entry that there is cause to bring charges of murder, involuntary manslaughter, reckless homicide, negligent homicide and dereliction of duty against Loehmann, who shot the preteen while he was playing with an air gun at a recreation center playground in November.

http://rt.com/usa/266677-tamir-rice-murder-charge/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Tamir Rice: Judge finds probable cause to charge officers with murder, negligent homicide.
    Good. This poor kid was murdered for doing what children do. It breaks my heart everytime I see this subject brought up.

Reports: Officer's shooting of boy with pellet gun justified
    http://news.yahoo.com/2-reports-offi...000036314.html
    COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A white Cleveland police officer was justified in fatally shooting a black 12-year-old boy holding a pellet gun moments after pulling up beside him, according to two outside reviews conducted at the request of the prosecutor investigating the death.

A retired FBI agent and a Denver prosecutor both found the rookie patrolman who shot Tamir Rice exercised a reasonable use of force because he had reason to perceive the boy — described in a 911 call as man waving and pointing a gun — as a serious threat.

The reports were released Saturday night by the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's Office, which asked for the outside reviews as it presents evidence to a grand jury that will determine whether Timothy Loehmann will be charged in Tamir's death last November.

"We are not reaching any conclusions from these reports," Prosecutor Timothy J. McGinty said in a statement. "The gathering of evidence continues, and the grand jury will evaluate it all."

He said the reports, which included a technical reconstruction by the Ohio State Highway Patrol, were released in the interest of being "as public and transparent as possible."

Subodh Chandra, a lawyer for the Rice family, said the release of the reports shows the prosecutor is avoiding accountability, which is what the family seeks.

"It is now obvious that the prosecutor's office has been on a 12-month quest to avoid providing that accountability," he said. He added that the prosecutor's office didn't provide his office or the Rice family with the details from the reports. He also questioned the timing of the release, at 8 p.m. Saturday on the Columbus Day holiday weekend.

"To get so-called experts to assist in the whitewash — when the world has the video of what happened — is all the more alarming," Chandra said. "Who will speak for Tamir before the grand jury? Not the prosecutor, apparently."
    [...]
    The report prepared by retired FBI agent Kimberly A. Crawford concluded that Loehmann's use of force did not violate Tamir's constitutional rights, saying the only facts relevant to such a determination are those the patrolman had at the time he fired his weapon.

Lamar Sims, the chief deputy district attorney in Denver, also concluded that Loehmann's actions were reasonable based on statements from witnesses and a reconstruction of what happened that day.
    [...]
    Chandra, the Rice family lawyer, says the experts "dodge the simple fact that the officers rushed Tamir and shot him immediately without assessing the situation in the least. Reasonable jurors could find that conduct unreasonable. But they will never get the chance because the prosecutor is working diligently to ensure that there is no indictment and no accountability."
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...m-the-outside/

Justice is always imperfect, everywhere. Injustice in America, often massive, has always been here. But one cannot help concluding that it’s getting worse, much worse, when reading about police and prosecutor behavior in recent years

The systemic abuses and failures cannot be reformed or corrected from within. The police and judiciary cannot be counted on to reform themselves. Reforms have to come from legislative and executive sources and/or from organizations of people outside the formal political system.

As an example of the inability of reform from within the justice institutions, consider the case of the cop who shot and killed a 12-year old boy with a fake or toy gun in Cleveland. The 911 call was from a very calm woman at the scene who even said the gun was probably fake, but the boy was still killed. Two investigators were appointed to give “outside” reviews. Who appointed them? They were “commissioned by the prosecutor’s office”. This loaded the dice in favor of the cop. The two people chosen were a retired FBI agent and a Colorado prosecutor. Everything stayed within the “justice” family. The whitewash results were predictable. They came out with the same old tired cliches, such as “Officer Loehmann’s belief that Rice posed a threat of serious physical harm or death was objectively reasonable as was his response to that perceived threat.”

Again: There is no possibility of serious and widespread reform by relying on people within the existing institutions of justice to alter the system. They have no incentive to go against their peers. They have every incentive to conform. Furthermore, they belong to a culture that has instilled in them the perverse ways of thinking that are responsible for the ills of the system. They have been trained to defend the system and police. It’s absurd to think that they are about to tell it like it is and suggest serious and far-reaching alterations.

Change, if it is to occur, has to come from outside the existing institutions of justice.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    I wonder if people will start painting the tips of real guns safety orange...
    That is a felony in NYC. Apparently there was a time where crooks were painting their guns pink to make them look like training pistols.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Reports: Officer's shooting of boy with pellet gun justified
    Of course they did, of course they did.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Of course they did, of course they did.
    It was a hoax gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    The boot-licking grand jury probably still won't indict this goon.

Cop Who Killed Tamir Rice Was Previously Kicked off Force for 'Dismal' Gun Performance, Emotional Instability
    http://reason.com/blog/2014/12/03/co...was-previously
    He became distracted and weepy after murdering a twelve year old girl. Who would have thought?

Assuming that report is genuine, he should stay out pf policing permanently, repent and live quietly.

No charges for Cleveland police officers in shooting death of 12-year-old Tamir Rice

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...pected-monday/

December 28 at 8:18 PM

CLEVELAND — A local grand jury declined Monday to bring criminal charges against a rookie Cleveland police officer who in November 2014 shot and killed a 12-year-old boy who was playing with a toy gun, closing a year-long investigation into one of several police shootings that sparked nationwide protests.

In announcing the decision, Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Timothy J. McGinty said that newly enhanced surveillance video made it “undisputably clear” that the boy, Tamir Rice, was reaching into his waistband for the toy — which was “indistinguishable” from a real gun — just before Officer Timothy Loehmann opened fire.

“The outcome will not cheer anyone, nor should it,” McGinty said of the grand jury’s decision. “The death of Tamir Rice was an absolute tragedy. But it was not, by the law that binds us, a crime.”

The case highlights the extraordinary hurdles to pursuing criminal charges when police kill someone, even when the victim is a child. Before the shooting, Tamir can be seen on the surveillance tape playing with snowballs and pointing his gun at imaginary villains. Then Loehmann and his partner drive up. Because the gun appeared to be real, McGinty said, they were reasonably afraid for their lives — and legally justified in responding with deadly force.

McGinty said he informed Tamir’s mother of the grand jury’s decision before announcing it publicly. “It was a tough conversation,” he said. “She was broken up.”

In a statement, Tamir’s mother, Samaria Rice, said she was “devastated” by the decision. She claimed McGinty had “deliberately sabotaged the case,” and she urged federal officials to pursue civil rights charges.

“I don’t want my child to have died for nothing and I refuse to let his legacy or his name be ignored,” the statement said. “As the video shows, Officer Loehmann shot my son in less than a second. All I wanted was someone to be held accountable.”

The shooting took place on Nov. 22, 2014, as Loehmann and his partner, Officer Frank Garmback, were responding to a call about a man with a gun outside a local recreation center. Although the caller specified to the dispatcher that the person was possibly a child playing with a toy, that information was not relayed to Loehmann and Garmback, who handled the call as an “active shooter” situation, authorities said.

The officers approached the boy in their cruiser, pulling directly up to a park gazebo on snow-covered grass. The car slid, and Loehmann opened the door, yelling “continuously ‘show me your hands’ as loud as I could,” Loehmann said in his statement to the grand jury.

“I kept my eyes on the suspect the entire time,” Loehmann said. “I was fixed on his waistband and hand area. I was trained to keep my eyes on his hands because ‘hands may kill.’ ”

But instead of complying, the boy lifted his shirt and reached into his waistband, Loehmann said, prompting the officer to run for cover behind the cruiser.

When he saw Tamir’s elbow moving upward and the weapon coming up out of his pants, Loehmann said, he fired two shots.

Loehmann and Garmback both told the grand jury that Tamir appeared to be much older than 12. Prosecutors stressed that Tamir was large for his age — a 175-pound boy who wore size-36 pants and size-12 shoes.

“If we put ourselves in the victim’s shoes, as prosecutors and detectives try to do, it is likely that Tamir — whose size made him look much older and who had been warned that his pellet gun might get him into trouble that day — either intended to hand it to the officers or to show them it wasn’t a real gun,” McGinty said. “But there was no way for the officers to know that, because they saw the events rapidly unfolding in front of them from a very different perspective.”

McGinty called the shooting “this perfect storm of human error, mistakes and miscommunications by all involved.” He confirmed that he had not recommended that the grand jury bring criminal charges against the officers.

The boy’s death came just days before massive protests and unrest would break out in Ferguson, Mo., and New York City after officers in those cities were cleared in the deaths of Michael Brown and Eric Garner. Many activists had hoped that Tamir’s shooting — the death of a boy, in a park, playing with a toy — would yield what has proved largely elusive for police-brutality protesters: an indictment in the case of the police shooting of an African American.

Though thousands of people have been shot and killed by police over the past decade, only 65 officers have been charged with a crime in connection to a fatal on-duty shooting, according to a Washington Post analysis. Of those, only a tiny fraction have been convicted.

On Monday, civil rights activists quickly called for fresh protests in Cleveland, where police are still working to implement broad changes following a 2014 Justice Department finding that they use their weapons too often.

As night fell, about three dozen demonstrators gathered in the public park where Tamir was shot. They joined hands in the rain for a moment of silence, then began chanting “No justice, no peace” as they marched across town toward the Justice Center.

The decision not to indict “is a burden on the family and the community. But at the same time, it’s a burden on the police department,” said Angel Arroyo, an activist with the Cleveland Peacemakers Alliance. Loehmann is “going to have to live for the rest of his life knowing that a 12-year-old boy lost his life. So it’s just pain all the way around for our community.”

Across the city and the state, public officials sympathized with that sentiment while pleading for patience.

“Tamir Rice’s death was a heartbreaking tragedy and I understand how this decision will leave many people asking themselves if justice was served,” Ohio Gov. John Kasich, a Republican presidential candidate, said in a statement. “We all lose, however, if we give in to anger and frustration and let it divide us.”

The case was initially investigated by the Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Department, which turned its findings over to McGinty’s office. As the investigation stretched from weeks to months and eventually past the one-year mark, the Rice family and civil rights activists grew increasingly agitated, convinced that no charges for the officers were forthcoming.

McGinty fueled their frustration by releasing witness statements and other evidence to the press as it was presented to grand jurors — an unusual move that the prosecutor said was intended to provide transparency but that attorneys for Tamir’s family insist was meant to telegraph that McGinty planned to let the officers walk free.

Among the pieces of evidence McGinty released were the assessments of two independent experts hired to review the case. Both found that Loehmann had acted reasonably.

“There can be no doubt that Rice’s death was tragic and, indeed, when one considers his age, heartbreaking,” one of the experts, S. Lamar Sims, a Colorado prosecutor, said in his report. “However . . . I conclude that Officer Loehmann’s belief that Rice posed a threat of serious physical harm or death was objectively reasonable as was his response to that perceived threat.”

In a statement, Rep. Marcia L. Fudge (D-Ohio), the former chair of the Congressional Black Caucus, declared that McGinty’s tactics had “tainted” the investigation.

Tamir’s mother echoed that view.

“Prosecutor McGinty deliberately sabotaged the case, never advocating for my son, and acting instead like the police officers’ defense attorney,” she said in a statement. “In a time in which a non-indictment for two police officers who have killed an unarmed black child is business as usual, we mourn for Tamir, and for all of the black people who have been killed by the police without justice.”

BULL$#@!
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    CLEVELAND — A local grand jury declined Monday to bring criminal charges against a rookie Cleveland police officer

No surprises there.

In announcing the decision, Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Timothy J. McGinty said that newly enhanced surveillance video made it “undisputably clear” that the boy, Tamir Rice, was reaching into his waistband for the toy — which was “indistinguishable” from a real gun — just before Officer Timothy Loehmann opened fire.
    Wondering what that means, exactly...

“The outcome will not cheer anyone, nor should it,” McGinty said of the grand jury’s decision. “The death of Tamir Rice was an absolute tragedy. But it was not, by the law that binds us, a crime.”
    Is he kidding? I bet Loeman threw a masturbation party with all his brothers in blue. Imagine them all in a brightly lit room, stropping wildly as if their lives counted on it.

Oh God, I think my mind is bleeding...

The case highlights the extraordinary hurdles to pursuing criminal charges when police kill someone, even when the victim is a child.

The HELL? What does this mean? EVEN WHEN? Is that some kind of Freudian slip? They must have meant "even when the victim is a NEGRO child."

Before the shooting, Tamir can be seen on the surveillance tape playing with snowballs and pointing his gun at imaginary villains. Then Loehmann and his partner drive up. Because the gun appeared to be real, McGinty said, they were reasonably afraid for their lives — and legally justified in responding with deadly force.

No, they weren't and no, it didn't. They should both hang by their necks until they are dead and the boy's mother should be offered the opportunity of pulling the lever in both cases.

McGinty said he informed Tamir’s mother of the grand jury’s decision before announcing it publicly. “It was a tough conversation,” he said. “She was broken up.”
    Oh the po', PO' prosecutor... must have been so awful for him.

In a statement, Tamir’s mother, Samaria Rice, said she was “devastated” by the decision. She claimed McGinty had “deliberately sabotaged the case,” and she urged federal officials to pursue civil rights charges.
    May be interesting to see whether feds take up the request.

“I don’t want my child to have died for nothing and I refuse to let his legacy or his name be ignored,” the statement said. “As the video shows, Officer Loehmann shot my son in less than a second. All I wanted was someone to be held accountable.
    There was. Your son.

The shooting took place on Nov. 22, 2014, as Loehmann and his partner, Officer Frank Garmback, were responding to a call about a man with a gun outside a local recreation center. Although the caller specified to the dispatcher that the person was possibly a child playing with a toy, that information was not relayed to Loehmann and Garmback, who handled the call as an “active shooter” situation, authorities said.
    I would add the 911 dispatcher to the list of those to hang... not that it would likely have made any difference, mind you.

The officers approached the boy in their cruiser, pulling directly up to a park gazebo on snow-covered grass. The car slid, and Loehmann opened the door, yelling “continuously ‘show me your hands’ as loud as I could,” Loehmann said in his statement to the grand jury.
    Oh, well if the car slid, then to hell with the little black bastard. I stand corrected.

“I kept my eyes on the suspect the entire time,” Loehmann said. “I was fixed on his waistband and hand area. I was trained to keep my eyes on his hands because ‘hands may kill.’ ”
    Hands MAY kill. Retarded, cowardly, endlessly corrupt cops (Department of Redundancy Department), however, DID.

But instead of complying, the boy lifted his shirt and reached into his waistband, Loehmann said, prompting the officer to run for cover behind the cruiser.
    OK, so he had cover... he could not wait for the eville black whelp to take the first shot, or at least make a clear and unmistakable threat? Such VALOR!

When he saw Tamir’s elbow moving upward and the weapon coming up out of his pants, Loehmann said, he fired two shots.
    Is it just me, or is this painting a picture fit for a necktie party?

Loehmann and Garmback both told the grand jury that Tamir appeared to be much older than 12. Prosecutors stressed that Tamir was large for his age — a 175-pound boy who wore size-36 pants and size-12 shoes.
    Oh, and don't forget that they all look the same, too. Them Negroes...

“If we put ourselves in the victim’s shoes, as prosecutors and detectives try to do, it is likely that Tamir — whose size made him look much older and who had been warned that his pellet gun might get him into trouble that day — either intended to hand it to the officers or to show them it wasn’t a real gun,” McGinty said. “But there was no way for the officers to know that, because they saw the events rapidly unfolding in front of them from a very different perspective.”
    See? It's the Negro's fault. Isn't it always?
    Last edited by osan; 12-30-2015 at 08:40 AM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Is he kidding? I bet Loeman threw a masturbation party with all his brothers in blue. Imagine them all in a brightly lit room, stropping wildly as if their lives counted on it.
    I recall reading somewhere that for a while it was a tradition with LAPD to have "first shoot" parties for officers who got the first notch on their belt. Some cops may be bothered by that sort of thing, but I doubt that the majority lose any sleep over it.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    In announcing the decision, Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Timothy J. McGinty said that newly enhanced surveillance video made it “undisputably clear” that [... blarg blarg blarg ...]
    Wondering what that means, exactly...
    Allow me to rephrase and clarify on behalf of Mr. Timothy J. McGinty and the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's office: "$#@! you. Now move along."
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-30-2015 at 04:13 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I can imagine how it went down....

Cops: Hands up, drop the gun!
    Kid: (reaches down to get the bb gun out of his belt so he can drop it.)
    Cops: (the cop starts shooting)

Burn this $#@!ing god-forsaken country to cinders.

2 seconds, is plenty of time, to comply appropriately. At least for my kids. They can comply in 1/4 second sometimes. But they do have an edge I guess, I do teach them advanced compliance techniques, above and beyond what they learn at public school
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345