Thread: Rand in Time: What I’m Thankful For

Rand in Time: What I’m Thankful For

I am thankful that Missy Paul is safe. Missy was kidnapped by Boko Haram and survived a harrowing ordeal in which her school was burned to the ground in Nigeria. With a gun to her head, she was forced into the back of a truck with thugs who said they intended to “marry” her. As the truck sped her away from safety, from her school, and from her friends, she made the decision to jump. She was warned they would shoot her if she tried to escape, but she chose to tumble into the bush at a high-speed rather than become prisoner.

I am thankful to my friends Doug and Myriam Wead for bringing Missy Paul to America and giving her a chance. The Weads have provided Missy with a full scholarship to a Christian school in Oregon. When I met Missy, I sensed that she was beginning to understand the possibility of hope, but I also sensed that it would take a while for her to believe that she is truly safe.
    https://time.com/3595448/rand-paul-time-for-thanks/

I don't think it can be said often enough what an awesome guy Doug Wead is. I'm so glad he's on our side.

I hope Missy one day achieves her dream of becoming a physician. I think we can all look forward to the prospect of another Dr. Paul in the world
    Last edited by Inkblots; 11-22-2014 at 01:27 PM.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Doug Wead is on the Rand team in 2016

Quote Originally Posted by libertarianinternational View Post
    Doug Wead is on the Rand team in 2016
    That, more than anything else, gives me hope.

Also, the fact that Jesse Benton may finally be kept off a Paul campaign. *Surely* they will keep him away in 2016 after the recent scandals. Right!??