Thread: Zerohedge: This Is Why Rand Paul Is Hillary Clinton's Worst Nightmare

Zerohedge: This Is Why Rand Paul Is Hillary Clinton's Worst Nightmare

This Is Why Rand Paul Is Hillary Clinton's Worst Nightmare

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 11/20/2014 12:07 -0500

Submitted by Mike Krieger via Liberty Blitzkrieg blog,

As Hillary Clinton starts to ponder the curtains she wants to hang in the Oval Office, there is only one person who can realistically stand in her way: Rand Paul.

Readers of this site will be well aware that I spend very little time focusing on Presidential politics. There are many reasons for this, but more than anything else, I believe there are two key components to genuine cultural change, and none of them have to do with electing a savior.

I am not considering Rand because I think he will “save America” or because his father is Ron Paul. I am considering Rand because I agree with him on enough positions that are important to me. Don’t take it from me though. Read the following article from H. A. Goodman, titled: I’m a Liberal Democrat. I’m Voting for Rand Paul in 2016. Here Is Why. Here are some excerpts:

What is so interesting to me about the above list, is that although I would strongly disagree with Mr. Goodman on many issues, I concur with his assessment of the importance of the above. NSA spying, aggressive and unconstitutional foreign policy, reforming the criminal justice system and drone strikes. These aren’t side issues to me. They are core issues. He didn’t even mention Audit the Fed, which Rand sponsored in the Senate and would almost surely continue to push for.

read more:
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-1...orst-nightmare

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hillary Clinton is a corrupt fossil who will carry on precisely where Obama left off.

Why would anyone want to vote for her? Is the country that brain-dead?

from the article. the rub. the primary is the war.

These issues cut cross meaningless labels of “liberal,” “conservative,” “progressive” and “libertarian.” These are human issues. Issues of civil liberties and decency (read:#StandwithRand: The Filibuster that United Libertarian and Progressive Activists). They are issues on which Rand Paul is on the right side of history and Hilary Clinton clearly on the wrong. That’s precisely why I think the GOP establishment will do everything in its power to prevent him from getting the nomination. Why you ask?

The reason is the establishment GOP is part of the status quo, and the status quo likes things as they are. Hilary Clinton would be merely a more militant version of Barack Obama with even deeper Wall Street ties (read: Glenn Greenwald on Hilary Clinton: “Soulless, Principle-Free, Power Hungry…”).

. A less hillbilly version of George W. Bush. I strongly believe that the GOP establishment would rather have Hilary Clinton in power than Rand Paul. I dare them to prove me wrong.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by DFF View Post

Why would anyone want to vote for her? Is the country that brain-dead?
    Because people think fondly of the Clinton administration years and she is a woman. And she is quite bright and well spoken.

And yes the country is brain dead. 113 million people voted for either Romney of Obama.

She is sort of in a way, America's female darling.

To the average low info voting American:

She's been through a lot, her husband cheated on her in front of the American people, she was dragged through the dirt just as much as Monica Lewinsky was. She fought back and was elected to the US Senate in New York, America's darling city (girl power!). Then as she fought for women's rights while trying to "progress" America forward, she attempted to really do some good by running for President. She fought hard but ultimately lost to another darling black guy so it's ok, she became Secretary of State, good enough! Hillary Clinton is a fighter and she never backs down from what's right.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll