Thread: Cloverific Grade School Primer

Exclamation Cloverific Grade School Primer

Cloverific Grade School Primer

http://ericpetersautos.com/2014/11/2...school-primer/

by eric • November 20, 2014

First, contemplate the atrocious – borderline illiterate – construction of this instruction; the Cloverific short-bus cadences:

“That means you are a member of our country.”

“How can you be a part of giving back for the freedom you have?”

“Good citizens take part in their community… that you show love to your country.”

“Being a member of our country is a wonderful privilege.”

Gawd.

And here’s a sample from an adult Clover:

“Eric if you are afraid of a visual search outside your car then yes maybe you do belong in jail. I could care less. Yes Eric you are all for criminal rights. The innocent driver that just wants to get to where they are going safely is something you object to.”

And, this:

“Eric there is no help for people like you that are mentally insane. I talked about a simple stop on a public highway with the police talking to you for seconds. Then you bring up a cop breaking into your house? Eric if it is not bad enough to talk to you in your car that you have to bring up something completely different to prove some kind of point then you need mental help.”

Italics added. Not that they’re necessary.

No doubt, EPautos’ resident Clover was exposed to primers much like the one above.

Remember: These documents are written by educators. Well, by government school apparatchiks. Manufacturers of future Clovers.

How is it that adults who’ve not yet learned to write coherently (let alone correctly) are in a position to “teach” children anything?

But, leaving aside the clear evidence of failure to master basic English sentence construction, there is the sinister undertow of the message itself:

“Rights are special privileges the government gives you.”

And which, being mere privileges, the government may also rescind at its pleasure. In one glib sentence, this document throws every precept of Western civilization in the woods. Your children are taught – told – that they have no rights. They’re merely permitted some things. For now. Subject to whatever restrictions and conditions the government – meaning, people who control the enforcement mechanisms of organized state violence – deem appropriate and acceptable.

These are the source of waters of random, probable cause-free stop-and-searches (and much worse to come). Of the defunct Second, Fourth, Fifth and various other amendments – which articulated sacrosanct, inviolable rights … not “special privileges.”

The latter leads to random checkpoints, arbitrary searches, peremptory seizure of persons and property without proof of guilt having been established in a court of law, the evisceration of due process generally, the presumption of guilt rather the innocence – and, inevitably, to outright murder of innocents. After all, why not?

The former – rights (and general insistence they be respected) is the one – the only – thing that can prevent all that by precluding all that. Which is precisely why the very concept of rights must the stamped out, most especially in the minds of the young.

“Laws are made to help you and keep you safe.”

At gunpoint.

And what if one prefers not to be “helped”? Nor to “help” others… at gunpoint? To be left alone – and to leave others alone?

Who gets to decide what’s “safe” – and by what right?

“Being a good citizen means obeying the law.”

Submit. Obey. Because obedience is the ultimate good.

Do not question.

Ever.

Thus: I don’t make the laws, I just enforce them. Or, as the saying attributed to a camp guard at Treblinka put it: Hier ist kein warum.

There is no why here.

Do as ordered. Or else.

There are additional injunctions about not merely the obligation to pay taxes but that children ought to look forward to the day when they are privileged to pay them.

Double gawd.

And they ask me why I drink… .
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-21-2014 at 08:55 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"because the government gave us rights..." was all I needed to read.

-t

Having done a teaching internship, I can tell you that most "teachers" are of average (at best) intelligence, yet possess a staggering level of self-importance, which is a deadly combination needless to say. Generally speaking, they can't admit being wrong, and don't accept being questioned. The concept that government "gives rights" is right in line with their personalities.

A well-circulated school handout is teaching children that rights are given to citizens not by their Creator, but by their government.

The author of the handout, Phyllis Naegeli, writes educational (used loosely) materials for elementary school-aged children. Her lesson Being a Good Citizen, found on EdHelper.com, states the following:

"When you are a citizen you have rights. Rights are special privileges the government gives you. In our country, you have free speech. You are also given the right to choose a religion.

Because the government gives us rights, we have the duty to be good citizens."

The writing, which dates back to at least 2009, caused much controversy then, so much so that Naegeli came to her own defense in a concerned forum group discussion that year. Here's what she said:

"From what I have discovered an article I wrote for edhelper.com because [sic] quite a point of controversy on your forum the other day. I am being accused of spreading left-wing propaganda, being a Pelosi relative, and other such incorrect titles. I am a Christian and I own up to mistakes that I make. I made a mistake in these articles by saying the government gives us rights. The government is to protect the rights we are given by God. For that I apologize and ask for forgiveness. I am far from being left wing. I chose the incorrect words to try to simply describe what being a citizen is. I never intended for anyone to be offended by this or to spread some incorrect information to children. I home educated all of my children and have been very careful about what they were taught. I have taught them to be loyal citizens of our wonderful country."

Naegeli asked EdHelper.com to revise her writing to say the following:

"As a citizen you have special privileges called rights. The government protects those rights. In our country, you have free speech. You are also given the right to choose a religion.

Because the government protects our rights, we have the duty to be good citizens."

Naegeli states that she no longer writes for the teachers' resource website and does not own the writing she produced for them. She advises anyone who takes issue with her work to contact them directly to request changes.

But it may be too late because the damage has been done. Despite the revisions, the original work is still being distributed. Fast forward five years to November 2014 -- Andrew Washburn posts a picture to Facebook of Naegeli's original Being A Good Citizen given to his 8-year-old daughter at school. Washburn sarcastically writes, "I just feel so grateful to live in a country whose leaders have generously granted my rights, and even more grateful that they make sure my children know where those rights came from!"

There are also other lessons written by Naegeli that can be found online. One is titled Our Living Constitution in which she writes, "Our Constitution is alive! That's because it can be changed."

Another is United States Citizenship where she states, "As a citizen, you give your loyalty to the U.S. government."

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/scho...ives-us-rights
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Having done a teaching internship, I can tell you that most "teachers" are of average (at best) intelligence, yet possess a staggering level of self-importance, which is a deadly combination needless to say. Generally speaking, they can't admit being wrong, and don't accept being questioned. The concept that government "gives rights" is right in line with their personalities.
    I know many, very book-smart teachers/professors who could explain multi-variable equation solutions, solve complex physical/engineering problems, synthesize new molecules but couldn't understand the difference between a right and a privilege or why an all powerful state is something to be abhored, not celebrated.

State teachers are pretty terrible when it comes to liberty.

We are so $#@!ed. The government is going to have these kids goose stepping in 20 years (maybe less).

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

"As a citizen you have special privileges called rights. The government protects those rights."
    a second swing a second miss.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    [Phyllis Naegeli's] lesson Being a Good Citizen, found on EdHelper.com, states the following:

"When you are a citizen you have rights. Rights are special privileges the government gives you. [... You are] given the right to [...]"

"As a citizen you have special privileges called rights. [...You are] given the right to [...]"
    I'm so glad they cleared that up ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·