Thread: MO - 80 year old veteran beaten half to death by cops for failure to comply

Exclamation MO - 80 year old veteran beaten half to death by cops for failure to comply

Thought you fought for our freedoms, huh Bill?

Thought you lived in a free country, huh Bill?

Thank a vet for his service, amirite?

First report 14 Nov 2014.

80-Year-Old Army Vet and Cancer Survivor, Mercilessly Beaten By Police Who “Feared For Their Lives”

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop...3mq83vdhwEt.99

Lone Jack, Mo. – An 80-year-old cancer survivor and Army veteran says that he fears for his life after being beaten, bloodied and left with broken bones by police.

“I’m afraid for us to even drive out of our driveway or to get on the street. I don’t know what they will do,” Libby Swan, Bill’s wife, said.

Bill Swan was on his tractor when he noticed a utility crew attempting to dig on his property and approached them to tell them to vacate his property. The workers then called police, according to KCTV 5.

When officers arrived they yanked Swan off the tractor and took him to the ground leaving him bloodied and with broken ribs.

“It’s very unnerving that something happened to him,” said his wife Libby, adding, “He’s 80, he’s a veteran, and he has had cancer.”

Officers of course claim that Swan was a threat to them, and that he attempted to back his tractor into a police cruiser and then tried to leave the scene. They claim they gave him verbal and hand signals to stop but he refused and attempted to run the officers over.

“Police got there and told him to get off his tractor, he was on his own property, and said, ‘I don’t have to get off my tractor,’” said Bill’s grandson, Tim Swan, according to Fox 4.

According to Mrs. Swan, her husband suffers from hearing loss and most likely couldn’t hear the commands to exit the tractor.

“Sometimes I have to get right in his face and talk to him,” Libby Swan said.

One of the officers was able to get on the tractor and shut it off. Police claim that Swan then became violent and swung at officers and attempted to get the officers firearm out of its holster.

The claim that Swan went for an officers gun should ring alarm bells, as this is often a claim officers make after beating someone in an attempt justify their use of force.

Swan was then taken to the police station where he was booked for disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and two counts of assaulting a police officer.

Libby Swan has a very difficult time believing that her husband provoked the incident as described by law enforcement and no longer feels that she can trust her local police.

“If I was here and someone was trying to get into my house, I don’t think I would call them. I think I would call the highway patrol or someone like that,” said Mrs. Swan.

Bill’s grandson Tim has stated that he doubts the police account of his grandpa “resisting” police, saying his grandfather is nearly deaf and can barely make it up a set of stairs without assistance.

“They maced him, then drug him off the tractor,” said Tim.

Even if Swan did refuse to get off of his tractor, the manner in which these officers brutalized an 80-year-old man speaks volumes about their regard for the citizens they allege to protect and serve.

Swan’s grandson Tim went on say,

“It makes me worried, police officers are supposed to serve and protect, and instead they’re going after people that pay their taxes, that do the right things, and are law-abiding citizens, and they’re picking on the small guy.”

The excessive force used against this grandfather is a reminder that no one is safe from being brutalized by law enforcement in police state USA.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From the MSM report:

The following day Police Chief William Forbes got back to KCTV5, saying he wasn't able to respond Thursday because he was already gone for the day by 4:30 p.m. He did release an official statement, though:

“Public Works was near the individual's house repairing some utility lines on the city's easement. The individual has felt for some time that they were on his property. He went out and yelled at them that they were on his property, to get off his property, that he was going to sue, etc. The workers felt he was being abusive, so they called police. When the police got there, the individual was on his tractor. He first tried to back into their police car. Then, he tried to leave the scene.”

“The officers gave him verbal and hand signs to stop. He refused to do so, turned his tractor around, and tried to run over the officers. One of the officers was able to get on the tractor and shut it off. He became combative, swung at the officers, and tried to get the officer's firearm out of his holster. During the scuffle trying to subdue him, he suffered a cut on his head. EMS was called. EMS responded. He was abusive to them and refused treatment. He was then brought to the station where were was booked for disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and two counts of assaulting a police officer.”

“He will have his day in court.”

Besides his official statement, Forbes added that he believes his officers handled the situation properly because “They were in fear of their lives.”

When questioned about how fearful his officers were of an 80-year-old man, Forbes said, “It doesn't matter how old a man is if he's on a tractor and he's trying to run you over.”

http://www.kctv5.com/story/27389445/...#ixzz3JjKPHUUs

For what it's worth, the few copsuckers in the comments are getting crucified.

lawsuit.

1 billion dollars.

GET A ROPE.....

"IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    GET A ROPE.....
    i think there's a bill to ban rope...

Yelling and threatening to sue is now "abusive." OK got it. STFU, stay in your place or get a "thumping."
    Sorry, just can't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Yelling and threatening to sue is now "abusive." OK got it. STFU, stay in your place or get a "thumping."
    Sorry, just can't do that.
    You must never raise your voice to the King or any of the King's men.

To do so, it is as if you insulted the King himself.

You will bow and touch your forelock and keep your voice low, knave.

GET A ROPE.....

Hard, pipe hitting naggers - a pair of pliers - and a blow torch.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You must never raise your voice to the King or any of the King's men.

To do so, it is as if you insulted the King himself.

You will bow and touch your forelock and keep your voice low, knave.
    I'll die standing. Fug you very much. Done with it. Honestly. There is not one more report of these goons, highwaymen and thieves that is needed to convince me. I will stand on equal ground. Armed. Forever more.

GET A ROPE.....
    Get a rope!

Had this 80 year old died from this event, would the good citizens of Lone Jack take to the streets, Ferguson style or any style, in protest?

I think not.

No, I know not.

That, my friends, is why this must get much, much worse before it gets better.

If ever.

Actually they might take to the streets because he was a vet, which would be the wrong reason...
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

I wonder what the utility crew thought of this incident?

Well, at least he didn't die. Because if he did die, then we would have to give those 2 officers paid vacation, and that would be 2 less police out there keeping us safe.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

#OVERALLSUPgetoffthaTRACTOR
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?