Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20 UNUSUAL WAYS TO USE VODKA

20 UNUSUAL WAYS TO USE VODKA

How do you use vodka?

Aside from the one way we all know vodka can be put to good use, it’s not a completely pointless liquid otherwise. In fact, the alcoholic beverage spreads itself quite thin on the usefulness scale. Vodka’s anti-bacterial properties are what give it such potency in combatting a lot of common ailments and household issues – from earaches to carpet stains. Grab yourself a bottle, or two, and redefine what it means to booze.

Poison Ivy Reliever

Apply vodka to an area affected by poison ivy and it will dry up surrounding skin, getting rid of any oils that are causing the poison ivy to inflame and itch.

Laundry Freshener

Fill a small spray bottle with vodka and lightly spray clothes. The vodka smell goes away when the clothes dry completely. The vodka helps to remove any unwanted odors.

Flower Preserver

Plants produce the ripening gas ethylene, which promotes maturation. Vodka stunts ethylene production and allows for flowers to stay fresher, longer. Spray flower stems with a 2:1 ratio mix of vodka and sugar. Repeat every few days.

Insect Repellent

Keep the insects at bay by squirting some vodka on your skin before going outdoors. Add essential lavender oil. Insects hate the smell of lavender, and you will prefer it to the smell of vodka lingering on your skin. You could also mix vodka into your scented moisturizer.

Jelly Fish Bite Soother

Much like vodka helps to treat poison ivy on the skin, the liquid also helps to alleviate the pain and itch that come post nasty jelly fish bite. Bring along a 1:1 mixture of vodka and water in a spray bottle to the beach just in case of an attack.

Hair Shiner

Add 1-2 ounces of vodka to your shampoo and watch as your hair emerges from a shower feeling cleaner, silky, and shiny.

Band-Aid Remover

Vodka will help to dissolve the sticky edges of a band-aid and allow for a painless removal. Not that you would, but a few swigs before peeling the adhesive off won’t hurt either.

Computer Screen Cleaner

Using water to clean a computer screen often leaves behind distracting smears. Apply vodka to the screen and wipe away for a seamless and clear complexion.

Eye Glasses Cleaner

It may not be the best idea to carry around a bottle of vodka, but a small spray bottle may be less conspicuous and prove to be very useful. Your glasses will get star treatment on the go.

Air Freshener

Mix equal parts water and vodka in a spray bottle and spray around the house. The vodka dissolves odors and the solution is completely odorless.

Razor Blade Cleanser

Soak razor blades in vodka and dissolve away build-up and buff the razor all in one. This trick will keep your razor blades clean and disinfected whilst extending the lifespan of your razor collection.

Jewelry Cleaner

Let your jewelry sparkle and shine. Soak and lightly scrub them in some vodka to remove any impurities.

Pore Reduction

Lightly soak one side of a cotton ball in vodka and dab your face. The vodkas acts as an astringent, tightening the pores and removing excess oils.

Homemade Mouthwash

Because of vodka’s capacity to fight bacteria and prevent infection, you can gargle it in the A.M. (without swallowing) to clean your mouth. Vodka may not be the first thing you want to taste on a sensitive morning stomach, so dilute it with equal parts water add a few drops of mint oil.

Cold Sore Treatment

Vodka can help to reduce cold sore inflammation and redness by drying the affected area. Dip one end of a Q-tip into vodka and use it to dab sores.

Shower Cleaner

Attack those moldy, dark crevices with a toothbrush and some vodka. Spray vodka onto moldy areas, let sit for 15 minutes, and then scrub away. The vodka kills the mold.

Antiseptic

Vodka is a great disinfectant and antiseptic. Apply to minor cuts and burns to kill bacteria.

Stickiness Remover

Vodka works wonders on removing all that is gooey! From stickers on car surfaces to gum on the bottom of a shoe, a little vodka goes a long way.

Treat Ear Aches

Put a few drops of vodka into your ear. Let the alcohol sit in the ears for a few minutes each and then drain. The vodka kills bacteria that causes pain.

Stain Remover

Vodka effectively gets rid of ink, grass and lipstick stains. Dab stain with vodka and rub the stain away. Add the stained garment to the laundry afterwards for a more thorough clean.

Tooth-Ache Reliever

Gargle vodka without swallowing, unless you want a buzz. The vodka will prevent infection and reduce inflammation and soreness in the mouth.

Foot Odor Cure

For those of you who suffer from foot odor, consider vodka your new best friend. Soak your feet in a shallow bucket of vodka, which will kill bacteria-causing odor. Let your feet dry to get rid of the vodka smell or wash your feet with fragrant soap directly after the treatment.

Fever Alleviation

Vodka works well as a liniment to reduce a fever, because it evaporates very quickly and can provide a cooling relief. Apply vodka to a soft cloth and place on your chest.

http://ecosalon.com/20-unusual-ways-to-use-vodka/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Waste of good vodka IMO

Homemade Mouthwash
    I've never wanted halitosis so much in my life.

Also good as a glass cleaner and fruit wash....

Last edited by phill4paul; 11-21-2014 at 08:08 AM.

Blasphemy!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Many uses for the ol potato pi$$. I prefer gin, but I couldn't imagine rubbing my feet down with it.

I had a martial arts instructor, he was from the old school. He used vodka to make "iron palm medicine". I want to say it worked, but I never did any conditioning without it, so I must admit that I was always a little bit skeptical.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

LOL - I love the internet. After my post I decided to look up iron palm medicine - my usage of it predates the internet. Never a disappointment, although the video shows an intro with some guys doing "conditioning". The guy in the background is punching bags, but we had used wooden spring blocks fastened to the walls. They were better at conditioning as they would cause the bone to develop very small stress fractures, which when healed, created calcium deposits (iron palm). My instructor had no ridges on his knuckles - his fists were flat across, I sh!t you not. Just like "the thing" from the comics.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

It also makes you a better dancer, true story.

With the olives, it could be considered a health drink.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I've never wanted halitosis so much in my life.

Also good as a glass cleaner and fruit wash....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    With the olives, it could be considered a health drink.
    Just be careful when gargling.

You can also use Vodka to make tinctures.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Just be careful when gargling.

You can also use Vodka to make tinctures.
    I'm always careful when gargling.

You can use it to make extracts.

Yep...Vodka is good stuff.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I like it mixed with Baileys Irish Cream, on the rocks. (They used to call that a Lube-job...)
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    I like it mixed with Baileys Irish Cream, on the rocks. (They used to call that a Lube-job...)
    What do they call it these days??? An oil change?

What do they call it these days??? An oil change?
    I have no idea! I actually haven't ordered it in a bar in decades. I make them at home on occasion.

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

I have no idea! I actually haven't ordered it in a bar in decades. I make them at home on occasion.
    There was a gal at the local watering hole who used to drink those too. Everyone knew her as "Jiffy Lube."
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    There was a gal at the local watering hole who used to drink those too. Everyone knew her as "Jiffy Lube."
    Hah!!!

Sounds a lot like a White Russian, but with the sweet.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Sounds a lot like a White Russian, but with the sweet.
    Kind of, yeah. Kahlua is yummy too.

Kind of, yeah. Kahlua is yummy too.
    I can't find that much around these parts. It's weird how common things like Kahlua and various seafood is exotic here. Hell, they don't even have Mad Dog (aka Mogen David) here. (No, I don't drink that crap.)
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

I can't find that much around these parts. It's weird how common things like Kahlua and various seafood is exotic here. Hell, they don't even have Mad Dog (aka Mogen David) here. (No, I don't drink that crap.)
    GTFO!

I have a recipe for homemade Kahlua. It's easy and yummy, I'll post it in a little bit.

GTFO!

I have a recipe for homemade Kahlua. It's easy and yummy, I'll post it in a little bit.
    GIMMIE! Drop everything that's important to you and post it, STAT!

GIMMIE! Drop everything that's important to you and post it, STAT!
    I'll get it when I go downstairs. I'm doing laundry - at this point it's more important than booze. You know it's serious when I say that.

We have a fella come to talk to us about HIV but somehow the discussion went to risky behaviors and he talked about how he used to give himself a vodka enema so he would get drunk a lot faster. I am writing this cos I am disappointed enema use did not make your list

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll get it when I go downstairs. I'm doing laundry - at this point it's more important than booze. You know it's serious when I say that.
    Damn woman. Did you mess up the bedding again?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    We have a fella come to talk to us about HIV but somehow the discussion went to risky behaviors and he talked about how he used to give himself a vodka enema so he would get drunk a lot faster.
    Well that certainly qualifies as an unusual use for vodka.

I am writing this cos I am disappointed enema use did not make your list
    Thanks for rectifying the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    We have a fella come to talk to us about HIV but somehow the discussion went to risky behaviors and he talked about how he used to give himself a vodka enema so he would get drunk a lot faster. I am writing this cos I am disappointed enema use did not make your list
    I will never admit that that crossed my mind.

How freaking desperate do you have to be to inject vodka in your ass? Doesn't it leak out if you stand up?

Damn woman. Did you mess up the bedding again?
    Nah, nothing so dramatic. We're just outta clean skivvies.

I will never admit that that crossed my mind.

How freaking desperate do you have to be to inject vodka in your ass? Doesn't it leak out if you stand up?
    I don't think you would be able to move after having vodka shot up your ass.

GTFO!

My father use to make Kahlua. I love that stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast