Thread: Holland Repatriates 122.5 Tons of Gold From the Fed

Holland Repatriates 122.5 Tons of Gold From the Fed

The Dutch National Bank (DNB) announced today that it had repatriated 122.5 tons of gold from the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank in New York.

https://smaulgld.com/dutch-repatriat...deral-reserve/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails netherlands gold smaulgld.PNG  

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What are they gonna do with that barbarous relic?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Does this mean they've actually retrieved this amount, or that, like Germany, they've asked for it and we've yet to tell them we don't have it?
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Make a Paul Krugman statute out of it

The gold has been brought back

Did they cut a sample in half to make sure it wasn't tungsten?

They shall crucify makind upon a cross of it.
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Well , looks like gold is back to $1205 today, silver could be $17 by the end of the day .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaulgld View Post
    The Dutch National Bank (DNB) announced today that it had repatriated 122.5 tons of gold from the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank in New York.

https://smaulgld.com/dutch-repatriat...deral-reserve/

Riddle me this: how were the Dutch able to do this when just a year ago the Fed told Germany to go pound salt, yet all Germany asked to do was to examine theirs? And IIRC, the Germans purportedly have a mere 56 tons of which to speak (I may have that bit wrong, so don't quote me).

ETA: Apparently Germany has 674 tons, not 56. Silly me.
    Last edited by osan; 11-22-2014 at 07:21 AM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by FloralScent View Post
    Did they cut a sample in half to make sure it wasn't tungsten?
    This is the Dutch we're talking about. They don't take no wooden nickels from nobody.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    Does this mean they've actually retrieved this amount, or that, like Germany, they've asked for it and we've yet to tell them we don't have it?
    It's in the past tense, meaning this is an enormous F-U to Germany, who had asked first, yet got a small fraction of what the Dutch recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    This is the Dutch we're talking about. They don't take no wooden nickels from nobody.
    Johan van der Smut is Dutch.

Last edited by Danke; 11-22-2014 at 07:37 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Keep in mind the dutch did not bring all their gold home
    New KWN interview re Dutch Gold and Save our Swiss Gold http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldne...uzi_Stamm.html

Riddle me this: how were the Dutch able to do this when just a year ago the Fed told Germany to go pound salt
    It's because that never happened and you're swallowing a line of BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    It's because that never happened and you're swallowing a line of BS.
    Koos Jansen explains German Gold repatriation https://www.bullionstar.com/blog/koo...-accelerating/

I dunno , but I can make room to store yours for you . Discounted price for you Danke .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I dunno , but I can make room to store yours for you . Discounted price for you Danke .
    Sorry, lost during a Ice fishing accident. Ice was too thin to be out there.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

LibForestPaul

The Kingdom of Denmark and the Kingdom of Britain still have royals. Germany is just our bitch.

Thank you, but these are bankers, you never know what stupid ideas they may come up with.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Thank you, but these are bankers, you never know what stupid ideas they may come up with.

Sorry, lost during a Ice fishing accident. Ice was too thin to be out there.
    Well , I hope you have some yellow perch for me .

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I have a few tulips , but none for sale right now .

In other news, the price of tungsten is on the rise - industry analysts say this is due to a sudden, sharp increase in demand.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.