Thread: Bought two new guns yesterday!!

Bought two new guns yesterday!!

Most people probably won't find these two very exciting, but I think there are people here who appreciate "must" have long guns as much as I do.

A Marlin .30-.30 rifle (The most versatile and cost effective rifle known to man), and a .12 gauge double barrel. Granted, I have shotguns. Bird hunting guns, and people hunting guns. Why did I buy this shotgun then? It's a side by side coach gun!! Something about a double barrel with hammers and that short barrel just makes the inner kid in me want to pay cowboys and indians.....lol.

I also posted these as anytime I get involved in the "What gun should I buy", I'm always pushing these two as guns EVERYONE should own. It may be the redneck in me, but I'm a firm believer that every household should have a .12 gauge shotgun, and a .30-.30 rifle. They can feed you, defend you, ammo is plentiful, and both are "non-exotic" enough that working on them is fairly easy, and there is very little to go wrong with them. In other words, thought I should practice what I preach. Also, I was able to get both guns or under $700, and that is pretty good I think.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The exposed hammer shotgun is pretty cool - I dont have any myself, but one of my shoot'n buddies does. The Marlin 336 is a classic. I agree, its definitely a gun that most should appreciate.

I think you did just fine with the 2 of them. Just need a 45 peacemaker and you'll have the complete set

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    The exposed hammer shotgun is pretty cool - I dont have any myself, but one of my shoot'n buddies does. The Marlin 336 is a classic. I agree, its definitely a gun that most should appreciate.

I think you did just fine with the 2 of them. Just need a 45 peacemaker and you'll have the complete set
    I've actually looked at a few...=)

But, I'm thinking of going modern for my next handgun. I'm really digging the Ragin' Judge in a 6 1/2 inch barrel. Shoots the .45 long colt, the .410 shell, and also the 454 Casull. In a longer barrel, that is a damn good looking firearm, capable of throwing some serious lead down range. My current open carry is a s&w 686 .357 with a 6" barrel, so I'm used to (and prefer) to carry large caliber revolvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    Most people probably won't find these two very exciting, but I think there are people here who appreciate "must" have long guns as much as I do.

A Marlin .30-.30 rifle (The most versatile and cost effective rifle known to man), and a .12 gauge double barrel. Granted, I have shotguns. Bird hunting guns, and people hunting guns. Why did I buy this shotgun then? It's a side by side coach gun!! Something about a double barrel with hammers and that short barrel just makes the inner kid in me want to pay cowboys and indians.....lol.

I also posted these as anytime I get involved in the "What gun should I buy", I'm always pushing these two as guns EVERYONE should own. It may be the redneck in me, but I'm a firm believer that every household should have a .12 gauge shotgun, and a .30-.30 rifle. They can feed you, defend you, ammo is plentiful, and both are "non-exotic" enough that working on them is fairly easy, and there is very little to go wrong with them. In other words, thought I should practice what I preach. Also, I was able to get both guns or under $700, and that is pretty good I think.
    Nice .

Every additional gun in the hands of a liberty-lover is a step in the right direction for humanity.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

FWIW, I agree with your choices and reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    FWIW, I agree with your choices and reasons.

I think most people do, at least with the premise of a good all around rifle and a shotgun of some sort. I prefer the .30-.30 as it is a great brush rifle, and with the advent of newer ammunition, the weakness concerning range with the rifle has been addressed. Whereas 100 yards was about the limit for it back when I was young, newer ammo has taken that range out to between 250 yards to 300 yards. That won't sound impressive to people that aren't familiar with the rifle, but for folks like me whose first rifle was a .30-.30, that is a game changer for it.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

I think most people do, at least with the premise of a good all around rifle and a shotgun of some sort. I prefer the .30-.30 as it is a great brush rifle, and with the advent of newer ammunition, the weakness concerning range with the rifle has been addressed. Whereas 100 yards was about the limit for it back when I was young, newer ammo has taken that range out to between 250 yards to 300 yards. That won't sound impressive to people that aren't familiar with the rifle, but for folks like me whose first rifle was a .30-.30, that is a game changer for it.
    That is plenty enough range for most of us who live in the eastern part of the country.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good for you Intoxiklown.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

I sure wouldn't mind owning the Marlin......in fact I saw an ad for one once on a bulletin board, but by the time I called it had been sold.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    I sure wouldn't mind owning the Marlin......in fact I saw an ad for one once on a bulletin board, but by the time I called it had been sold.
    I love mine . smooth and shoots great .

Has anyone shot the new Hornady ammo through their .30-.30? I bought a box of it last night, and was terrified loading it into the tube. I was just sure that one of those points was going to discharge a round inside the rifle. Speaking to the Leverevolution ammo.

Has anyone shot the new Hornady ammo through their .30-.30? I bought a box of it last night, and was terrified loading it into the tube. I was just sure that one of those points was going to discharge a round inside the rifle. Speaking to the Leverevolution ammo.
    Nah , I use mostly just Remington and Winchester.

For among other evils which being unarmed brings you, it causes you to be despised,

Niccolo Machiavelli
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.