Thread: Dutch government refuses to reveal ‘secret deal’ into MH17 crash probe

Dutch government refuses to reveal ‘secret deal’ into MH17 crash probe

Emergencies Ministry members walk at the site of a Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 plane crash, MH17, near the settlement of Grabovo in the Donetsk region, July 17, 2014. (Reuters/Maxim Zmeyev)

The Dutch government has refused to reveal details of a secret pact between members of the Joint Investigation Team examining the downed Flight MH17. If the participants, including Ukraine, don’t want information to be released, it will be kept secret.

Part of the agreement between the four countries and the Dutch Public Prosecution Service, ensures that all these parties have the right to secrecy. This means that if any of the countries involved believe that some of the evidence may be damaging to them, they have the right to keep this secret.

“Of course [it is] an incredible situation: how can Ukraine, one of the two suspected parties, ever be offered such an agreement?” Dutch citizen Jan Fluitketel wrote in the newspaper Malaysia Today.

"I believe that this interest [international relations] is of greater importance than making the information public, as it is a unique investigation into an extremely serious event," the Ministry added, according to Elsevier.

Continued - Dutch government refuses to reveal ‘secret deal’ into MH17 crash probe

I'm going to assume that "this interest [international relations] is of greater importance than making the information public" translates to "We need to go along with the demonize Russia meme and the information that we have may contradict that model so we're going to keep it a secret". Of course, that's just me. One may certainly decipher as they wish.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's so obvious that E.U. Eurofighters under U.S./NATO command were responsible for taking down MH17. The Donetsk rebels have nowhere near the capability to take down passenger aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by libertarianinternational View Post
    It's so obvious that E.U. Eurofighters under U.S./NATO command were responsible for taking down MH17. The Donetsk rebels have nowhere near the capability to take down passenger aircraft.
    Yeah, I purposefully didn't meantion anything about NATO just to see if anyone else would bring it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Yeah, I purposefully didn't meantion anything about NATO just to see if anyone else would bring it up.
    MH-17 had bullet holes from machine gun fire. I'm pretty sure a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters can't hit a plane at 3000 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by libertarianinternational View Post
    As sickening as this is, it's probably closer to the truth than some of the other explanations.