Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: why every man needs a beard.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    the only reason im not a serial killer is because i cant fully grow a beard. a go-tee i can do. but i think if i kill people id want them to fear me with a good beard. would be good mental torture.
    It would be a good disguise too. If I was ever trying to hide, I'd shave clean (I don't even remember what I looked like pre-beard) or grow a full beard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    the only reason im not a serial killer is because i cant fully grow a beard. a go-tee i can do. but i think if i kill people id want them to fear me with a good beard. would be good mental torture.
    Hey, plus you ride a bike. That's original too and may provide for good mental torture. I mean, if you think about it, who the heck wants their serial killer to be chasing them around with a bike? You know? That's kind of $#@!ed up. Maybe put one of those bells on it for effect. Dun ta dun ta daaaaa da- Dun ta dun ta daaaaa da- Dun ta dun ta daaaaa da. Ding ding...I'm satchelmqueen...and I'm comin to getcha'...bwaaaaahaahaaaa...

Cutscene music...

Last edited by Natural Citizen; 11-21-2014 at 06:56 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 05-13-2016 at 09:41 AM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by libertarianinternational View Post
    Every woman needs a beard too.
    There is no excuse. They can adopt one.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 05-13-2016 at 09:42 AM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Karl Marx had a beard, and G...
    And Dostoevsky
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Can't take the itching. But keep a stash...

Haven't used a razor in years. I'm pretty sure the last time I used electric shears was in 2012 to attend a Ron Paul luncheon. I just trim with scissors about 3 times a year.

It's amazing that as a 33 year old married dude how many young females ask me, "How long have you been growing your beard?"

Add that type of question along with the usual "How tall are you?" that I get all the time and I could probably make one of those '10 hours walking in NY' videos with a different perspective of questioning from the other sex.
    Last edited by fr33; 11-21-2014 at 09:16 PM.

I could grow a pretty big beard, but it would be blond and blond beards look like face-pubes. They're frickin gross.
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by 2young2vote View Post
    I could grow a pretty big beard, but it would be blond and blond beards look like face-pubes. They're frickin gross.
    Nuh-uh! See #16 above^^ Plus, mine grows in dark blonde-ish (even though all my other hair is dark), and it looks good.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by libertarianinternational View Post
    Every woman needs a beard too.
    Yes, they tickle their thighs.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Danke, you weird me out sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Danke, you weird me out sometimes.
    I'll work harder.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Mine is more than half white now. I never got gray it just went to pure white. I guess at 42 I'm kind of young for a white beard but whatever I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    lulz

My DH grows one every winter. I love it.

I was looking for a Mencken meme and came across this. I'll just post a few of the ones that wowed me.

Definitive Proof That Beards Change Everything – 22 Pics
    http://weknowmemes.com/2014/04/defin...thing-22-pics/

Better without.

Better with.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

I was looking for a Mencken meme and came across this. I'll just post a few of the ones that wowed me.

Better without.

Better with.

Behold the Beard of Knowledge:

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

Better without.

Better with.

I didn't even realize the guy on the right was Tom Brady when I was watching Peaky Blinders the other night.

Pierce Brosnan's beard actually makes him look younger. That's one handsome dude.

Still a douche, a fact that no mere beard can hide.

How many Founders had beards?...thats my litmus.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    How many Founders had beards?...thats my litmus.
    None. They were all fruity, feminine wig-wearers. :P

Dont forget it ages you by at least by 5 extra years and older people tend to be seen as less healthy than young people. But my biggest problem with this post is Buzzfeed. I feel I was tricked into watching another one of their stupid, devoid of any useful information lists. It feels like someone just sucker punched me

Quote Originally Posted by FloralScent View Post

Pierce Brosnan's beard actually makes him look younger. That's one handsome dude.
    Its the dye job (or maybe natural hair color) on the hair that makes him look younger in that pic. Since there's no date on either pic, it may actually be that the pic on the right was taken earlier than that of the left. I have yet to see anyone who looks younger with a full set of beard.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Dont forget it ages you by at least by 5 extra years and older people tend to be seen as less healthy than young people. But my biggest problem with this post is Buzzfeed. I feel I was tricked into watching another one of their stupid, devoid of any useful information lists. It feels like someone just sucker punched me
    Awww. Poor baby. ~hugs~

Its the dye job (or maybe natural hair color) on the hair that makes him look younger in that pic. Since there's no date on either pic, it may actually be that the pic on the right was taken earlier than that of the left. I have yet to see anyone who looks younger with a full set of beard.
    sexy =/= younger

No. It doesn't. Metro-sexuals just like to say that because it is social conditioning and they can't grow one. A pine shrub is just that. A forest of fir on the other hand... What it does is make you seem like a mature (has nothing to do with age), rugged, out-of-doors, self sufficient, alpha male. Something AXE cologne has not been able to replicate.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    No. It doesn't. Metro-sexuals just like to say that because it is social conditioning and they can't grow one. A pine shrub is just that. A forest of fir on the other hand... What it does is make you seem like a mature (has nothing to do with age), rugged, out-of-doors, self sufficient, alpha male. Something AXE cologne has not been able to replicate.
    Metrosexual's out, Lumbersexual's in.

The Rise Of The 'Lumbersexual'

Yesterday’s urban male wore a slim-cut pair of pants, perhaps a button-down shirt with a narrow tie. He kept a clean shave, and generally looked tidy. His look was coined “metrosexual.”

Today, the metrosexual is a disappearing breed being quickly replaced by men more concerned with existing in the outdoors, or the pseudo-outdoors, than meticulous grooming habits.

http://gearjunkie.com/the-rise-of-the-lumbersexual

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    sexy =/= younger

Really hate to be nitpicky, but the people that made this set of pics did a good job of making the beardless version look goofy. What happened to the sweet tan he had on the left version? the manly pose of him sorta looking off camera into the distance? and for god's sake the most important of them all, the hair and the hairline is very different. What is this?

I am sorry but I am not convinced at all that having a beard will all of a sudden change your skin complexion, hair line or the way you pose for a photo.

Really hate to be nitpicky, but the people that made this set of pics did a good job of making the beardless version look goofy. What happened to the sweet tan he had on the left version? the manly pose of him sorta looking off camera into the distance? and for god's sake the most important of them all, the hair and the hairline is very different. What is this?

I am sorry but I am not convinced at all that having a beard will all of a sudden change your skin complexion, hair line or the way you pose for a photo.
    It's ok if you can't grow one. There's always hormone therapy.

Hah, Phill was a "thing" before he even knew it.

What "look" is Duluth Trading Co. extra long "t"s and jeans and boots?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast