Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why every man needs a beard.

why every man needs a beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can change the entire meaning of your post in one link.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Beard

So many try to grow a beard and become impatient because it takes time to grow, so they think they can't grow one and shave off what they had.

+rep HB34

And I don't even know what to say about this vvv.
    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    I can change the entire meaning of your post in one link.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Beard

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    So many try to grow a beard and become impatient because it takes time to grow, so they think they can't grow one and shave off what they had.
    My son came to me talking about "No Shave November". So I said, okay...I'll do it with you. Just for $#@!s n giggles, really. After two weeks I couldn't take it anymore. And then there he was with a couple of those stragglers on his chin that you can just pluck and be done with it. Heh. Was funny. That's about the itchiest thing I've ever experienced. Plus it was all all scttered with grey. Made me look twice my age.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    My son came to me talking about "No Shave November". So I said, okay...I'll do it with you. Just for $#@!s n giggles, really. After two weeks I couldn't take it anymore. And then there he was with a couple of those stragglers on his chin that you can just pluck and be done with it. Heh. Was funny. That's about the itchiest thing I've ever experienced. Plus it was all all scttered with grey. Made me look twice my age.

lol same here. Speaking of which, time to go shave my head again. Most people don't have any idea I'm 2 years shy of 40 - unless my hair gets longer than a 1/4 ", or I let the beard/goatee grow.
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

Made me look twice my age.
    What's so bad about looking older?

It's icky.
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by coastie View Post
    It's icky.
    Oh my, now I'm icky because I look old.

Yes, this is an interesting trend. No objection from me.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-we8K9f5Oo

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Nothing, I suppose. I've always looked really young, though. Much younger than I am. It was just such a drastic change of appearance for me. That's not why I shaved the thing, though. I just couldn't take the constant itch. I have a speaking seminar coming up and was thinking about growing it again just to fiddle with people that I've met before. I don't know. Will see. It didn't look wild and scruffy or anything. It does make us look way older, though.

It's icky.
    Meh, I rather like my salt and pepper look on my head. But the beard is reddish and the gray doesn't show up as much.

Nothing, I suppose. I've always looked really young, though. Much younger than I am. It was just such a drastic change of appearance for me. That's not why I shaved the thing, though. I just couldn't take the constant itch. I have a speaking seminar coming up and was thinking about growing it again just to fiddle with people that I've met before. I don't know. Will see. It didn't look wild and scruffy or anything. It does make us look way older, though.
    Sort of like Charlton Heston in his role of Moses?

Sort of like Charlton Heston in his role of Moses?
    Jiiiiiminy crickets. No.

Jiiiiiminy crickets. No.

I don't think he looks so bad.

One day when I get older and more patient, I will let my goatee become an epic ZZ top beard.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mine is now 5" shorter than the beginning of the week....

Had to try and look semi-respectable in child custody court....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Mine is now 5" shorter than the beginning of the week....

Had to try and look semi-respectable in child custody court....
    Bummer. Hope yours grows back quick like mine does. ~hugs~

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Bummer. Hope yours grows back quick like mine does. ~hugs~
    It does, problem is every time I cut it back to an inch or so it comes back grayer...........At this rate it'll be white before my son's 16....

I grow a beard when I get tired of shaving and shave it when I get tired of growing it. About half the time I have a beard.

I haven't cut my hair in years either.

I like seeing the different reactions I get from people.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I grow a beard when I get tired of shaving and shave it when I get tired of growing it. About half the time I have a beard.

I haven't cut my hair in years either.

I like seeing the different reactions I get from people.
    Like the WTF comments you hear when when you turn around to see where the wolf whistles are coming from?
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 11-20-2014 at 06:16 PM.

Every woman needs a beard too.

Like the WTF comments you hear when when you turn around to see where the wolf whistles are coming from?
    I'm in my 40s, over 6 feet tall and there is no mistaking me for a woman, even when I don't have a beard. I'm as womanly as the Duck Dynasty guys.

I didn't like my beard at first.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    I didn't like my beard at first.
    It grew on you?

It bugs me when my beard gets caught in the zipper of my jacket.

Oh my, now I'm icky because I look old.
    Yes.

*Plus you're a financial burden on us all, and us younger people shouldn't be paying for your dinosaur scar therapy and the PTSD you got from the last Pterodactyl attack on your tribe. They're extinct now. Get over it.

Besides, if you'd just die quicker (via Death Panels™), we'd be better off having more resources to take care of younger people who can be saved and contribute to society ( pay taxes) for another 30-40 years, whereas you'd be only good for another 20, max, because getting old also means you're greedy and keep all of your money to yourself, instead of helping ghetto children.

Old = Icky

It's For The Greater Good™, and all that.*

* Paraphrasing the 20 yr old flaming gay guy I work with.*

EX-USCG

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I am growing a beard for the first time. About 3 weeks in and looking AWESOME!
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Yes.

*Plus you're a financial burden on us all, and us younger people shouldn't be paying for your dinosaur scar therapy and the PTSD you got from the last Pterodactyl attack on your tribe. They're extinct now. Get over it.

Besides, if you'd just die quicker (via Death Panels™), we'd be better off having more resources to take care of younger people who can be saved and contribute to society ( pay taxes) for another 30-40 years, whereas you'd be only good for another 20, max, because getting old also means you're greedy and keep all of your money to yourself, instead of helping ghetto children.

Old = Icky

It's For The Greater Good™, and all that.*

* Paraphrasing the 20 yr old flaming gay guy I work with.*

Wow, all that because I grew a beard. Well, I'm going to be selfish and not shave it.

the only reason im not a serial killer is because i cant fully grow a beard. a go-tee i can do. but i think if i kill people id want them to fear me with a good beard. would be good mental torture.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast