Thread: Man Builds His Dream Mini-Home In Only Six Weeks For $9,000

Man Builds His Dream Mini-Home In Only Six Weeks For $9,000

How beautiful. I just love these neat little homes.

Have you ever wanted to live in a home where you still felt like you were connected to nature and things were simple and pretty well off-grid? One man has done this in Thailand and it only cost him $9000 to do it.

Steve Areen was offered some land on his friends mango farm to build his dream home. To Steve, it was a home that was simple, inviting, nature oriented and sustainable. As you can see in the images below, Steve adopted a dome like design that has a number of benefits. He was able to put up this home in only 6 weeks from start to finish using cement blocks and clay bricks. While he likes the design, next time Steve intends to build the home using Earthen bricks. It’s important to note that he was able to achieve this for only $9000 because of Thailand’s cheap cost of living. He was able to put up the main structure for only $6000 and then spent $3000 filling it with goodies.

Steve isn’t the only one looking to build these sustainable and unique homes. It seems people all over the world are desiring off-grid and sustainable homes that are more in touch with nature. Is it perhaps that people are growing tired of the cookie cutter homes that are packed into neighbourhoods? Or are people craving more nature? Or maybe people simply want to get off the grid as they grow tired of the overpriced cost of living and governmental reliance being on the grid comes with. Whatever the case, it is clear the future of our world is off-grid sustainable living. It’s just a matter of when. With designs like Earthship’s and technologies like free energy, there is no reason why any of us need to be living on the grid and paying for utilities today.

http://themindunleashed.org/2014/03/...eeks-9000.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No permit
    No license
    No engineer
    No HOA
    No $9000/year in property tax

=

Not in the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Wow! Way cool! I was expecting something that looked like crap. Any pics of the build process? Plans?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Wow! Way cool! I was expecting something that looked like crap. Any pics of the build process? Plans?
    http://steveareen.com/domehome.html

"Bookmarker bump"
    Nice project!
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

That's one big pizza oven !

Too small and round for me to live in but generally speaking an awesome concept. This guy finished it beautifully. I wouldn't want to live there but I'd definitely stay for a few weeks if it were a holiday home or something. Looks like the ideal place to relax!

Somehow I think the fact that it's Thailand helps more with the price. Building materials are expensive in the West.
    "I am a bird"

It's beautifully done! Kinda reminds me of a teapot. Where does he bathe and cook?
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Very nice! I want to go small with my next home. Except for the shop.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    That's one big pizza oven !

Too small and round for me to live in but generally speaking an awesome concept. This guy finished it beautifully. I wouldn't want to live there but I'd definitely stay for a few weeks if it were a holiday home or something. Looks like the ideal place to relax!

Somehow I think the fact that it's Thailand helps more with the price. Building materials are expensive in the West.
    The man sees pizza ovens everywhere!

lol you have to be an intuitive.

"pizza oven"

"hey that reminds me of...."
    Last edited by pessimist; 11-20-2014 at 01:11 PM.

loveshiscountry

I do not like that house at all.
    A silly shape, an orange ball.
    Those stairs, those stairs will cause a great fall.
    That's not up to code, says City Hall.
    Avoid the red tape, vote no one but Paul.
    Last edited by loveshiscountry; 11-20-2014 at 06:37 PM.

Looks like a home for TeleTubbies.

Much better...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

What the...? Is that for real? No wonder there were rumors of the teletubbies being gay.

Much better...

Looks like a project from my kids Lincoln Logs set.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Tom Woods had Jay Shafer on his show, a short while ago.

http://tomwoods.com/blog/whats-the-t...ent-all-about/

I also watched a documentary on the "tiny house" movement on netflix.

Pretty interesting.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I envy them for the ability to build something like this. I would have to hire contractors at a huge expense. It seems like a well alone would cost 4,000. or so.

Looks like a Jack Spratt pumpkin shell house. (How's that one go again?)

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

I've read the rumors about teletubbies being a gay promotional campaign. I took it with salt.

Now I see one licking another's $#@! as the lickee makes handjob motions.

OK, I'm convinced, if mildly revolted.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.