Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lame-duck GOP House Approves Tax Hike on Duck Hunters

Duck Dynasty's actually one of my favorite shows. Phil Robertson will be angry.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    I caught this on C-SPAN LIVE was going to post a thread, not only the ridiculous increase, but the big government GOP clowns that pushed for the increase. Then the truth started filtering out... we get to spend money to fix this and fix that. What does that truly mean? Well, it means, I get campaign contributions from companies and individuals given the millions in government contracts to "Fix This & Fix That".

March 1934, Congress passed, President Roosevelt signed, the Migratory Bird Hunting Stamp Act, popularly known as the Duck Stamp Act

This whole scheme shows you, it's 2 wings of the vulture party, selling the American people out for campaign contributions and a tenure of aristocracy and profiteering. The part to especially note: GOP had a voice vote to increase taxes $120 million. All you need to know.

If you're interested for the record who pushed this progressive increase, here's the C-SPAN video/text coverage link: https://archive.org/details/CSPAN_20...rt/600/end/660

GOP's Liberals on the House Floor who pushed for the tax increase:
    John Fleming (R-LA ) 4th district
    Bob Goodlatte (R-VA) 6th district

Chron Report: GOP faces pushback on Duck Hunting Tax Increase
    Yep , it is what it is, $#@!s raising a tax that was too high and used for immoral purposes by double digits .

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Yep , it is what it is, $#@!s raising a tax that was too high and used for immoral purposes by double digits .
    Do you own any ducks yourself, by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by libertarianinternational View Post
    Do you own any ducks yourself, by any chance?
    I used to keep about 75 or so years ago, could get a few in the spring if I wanted to.The eggs bring a bit of a premium.

I used to keep about 75 or so years ago, could get a few in the spring if I wanted to.The eggs bring a bit of a premium.
    Have you ever worked for the CIA?

One thing they do is give you a duckling on the first day and you have to care for it and raise it as a pet for 2 years as you complete your training. Then you are ordered to shoot the duck. That's how they teach them to be merciless.

One thing they do is give you a duckling on the first day and you have to care for it and raise it as a pet for 2 years as you complete your training. Then you are ordered to shoot the duck. That's how they teach them to be merciless.
    No , I have not worked for the CIA.LOL

That was hilarious .Thank you , I needed the laugh .

No , I have not worked for the CIA.LOL
    Oh. Sorry. Just to let everyone know, I absolutely, definitely do not work for the CIA either.

EDIT: I have also never in the past worked for the CIA
    Last edited by libertarianinternational; 11-20-2014 at 11:58 AM. Reason: just clarifying

If I wanted you to be merciless , I would have you bite the head off , drink the blood and eat the heart while it was still beating ,LOL

If I wanted you to be merciless , I would have you bite the head off , drink the blood and eat the heart while it was still beating ,LOL
    Good idea. I'm sure that's something they could consider.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Is this what we can expect from the Gop? Time to change my party back to unaffiliated.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Ducks = consumable resource. Chickens = consumable resource. Carrots = consumable resource.

That all said, this may be just an attempt to agitate the duck dynasty followers, who may be likely to coalesce on the issue and push a more contemporary conservatism. Political WWF theater (I guess its WWE now - same thing, different name)

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Any idea if duck eggs would be better for a gal who is allergic to chicken eggs?

I don't care for duck eggs for breakfast but the few times I've used em for baking they've made thing "fluffier"

And then break into the duck house and shoot their dog.

Did you miss the past 40 yrs? This is right in the good wheelhouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Is this what we can expect from the Gop? Time to change my party back to unaffiliated.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Any idea if duck eggs would be better for a gal who is allergic to chicken eggs?

I don't care for duck eggs for breakfast but the few times I've used em for baking they've made thing "fluffier"
    I have no idea , turkey eggs are also excellent .

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    LOL, not a bad comment. I'd think you need to quantify how to compensate those who didn't get to eat the bird who certainly ate someone else's crop?

Got a funny story for you. We had a beautiful cheery tree LOADED with cherries one year. They were about a day from being ripe...this was a Friday, we were going to pick and process on Saturday. On Friday at lunch time about 250-500 starlings showed up and cleaned the tree bear in less then 5 minutes.

Dirty bastards!!! That was the only year that tree produced cherries in any quantity. It died a year or two later.
    I would have shotgunned the hell out of the starlings ( they leave then ) , picked , pitted the then damaged cherries and made wine from them . Piled up the dead starlings for coyote bait , then skinned , tanned the coyote and made a rug of him . Then try to get Danke to buy a bottle of my fine cherry wine to cover the costs of five 12 Ga shells.

I would have shotgunned the hell out of the starlings ( they leave then ) , picked , pitted the then damaged cherries and made wine from them . Piled up the dead starlings for coyote bait , then skinned , tanned the coyote and made a rug of him . Then try to get Danke to buy a bottle of my fine cherry wine to cover the costs of five 12 Ga shells.
    I once shot a wolf in Karbala in '91. Good times.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I once shot a wolf in Karbala in '91. Good times.
    I cannot imagine that as good times . I suppose there may be gray wolves outside of Karbala . I have been there many yrs ago and never saw any , or really had any good times . I was working.

You guys just haven't been voting hard enough. We'll surely whip this if we vote harder.... after we defeat the New Deal that nobody in the GOP opposes today.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    You guys just haven't been voting hard enough. We'll surely whip this if we vote harder.... after we defeat the New Deal that nobody in the GOP opposes today.
    I think you have it . I want no new deal, old deal or any deals at all from these worthless $#@!s .

Um... other than the part about it being a pet, where I come from raising a critter and then killing it is all a part of that big Circle of Life called "farming."

Long ago, back when I was in high school, I was dating a girl whose family lived in the country. On day the girl's mom asked for my help. The family raised rabbits, and she asked if I could help her dress out a dozen or so because they were thinning out the number of rabbits in their pens. As someone who had spent all my life hunting and fishing I agreed, and was cheerfully helping her kill the rabbits and do the whole skinning and gutting routine.

It was only much, much later that I wondered if this had been a test on her part to see if I was some sort of heartless monster who wouldn't think twice about wringing the neck of a poor little stupefied bunny rabbit.

To this day, I'm not really sure if it was a test or not!

I cannot imagine that as good times . I suppose there may be gray wolves outside of Karbala . I have been there many yrs ago and never saw any , or really had any good times . I was working.
    He was killing the local farmers' goats and had earned himself a $100 bounty, and you know what they say, Arabs really do love their goats...

This is total bull$#@!. I am an avid waterfowler, I will never give anymore money to the NRA or Ducks Unlimited again. I have given thousands to DU over the years. This is disgusting.
    Too bad our elected officials are not as aggressively trying to reduce the federal deficit as they are trying to strip us of our constitutional rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    This is total bull$#@!. I am an avid waterfowler, I will never give anymore money to the NRA or Ducks Unlimited again. I have given thousands to DU over the years. This is disgusting.
    Yeah , kind of kills the giving mood .

Yeah , kind of kills the giving mood .
    Tis the season to be jolly. Give to the National Association for Gun Rights.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12