Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can You Out-Exercise Bad Eating Habits?

I have to eat right because if I don't I feel like $#@!. I have always felt that eating right was more important than going to the gym everyday. Because I eat right I feel like being active the more I eat right the more active I tend to be because I feel good. I don't do double back flips or hang from trapezes(well sometime I have get up in a swing) anymore but, I am certainly more active than most of my contemporaries. If I have eaten wrong I do not want to workout and push that $#@! thru my whole body and let that $#@! get in my joints. Nope, I drink only water and do some digestive enzymes the next day and program my intestines to not hold out any receptors for the crap and just to be good and dump it quick.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Burning calories in the gym is easy if you know what you're doing. Once you know how to do the basic exercises properly (deadlifts, squats, etc), you can move on to olympic lifts and power lifting. Combing that with HIIT (high intensity interval training) though is even better (like running, elliptical, etc, but in intensive intervals. google it for more.).
    Do the math. See what kind of exercise it takes to burn off a bagel and large soda. Very few people can even tolerate the amount of exercise it takes to stay lean on a high-carb diet. I am a big advocate of weight training but if you are honing down bread, sugar, and pasta, all it will do is build muscle under the fat.

The Great Alexeev:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alexeev.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	227.9 KB 
ID:	3427
    Last edited by Acala; 11-24-2014 at 09:24 AM.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You don't even need exercise to lose weight on a high-carb diet, if you get the carbs from the right sources.

A diet high in grains can be fattening, but that's because they are a bad source of carbs. The best sources of carbs are fruits and honey. Even table sugar is a good source if it's mixed with a nutritious food such as milk. Potato is also a good source.

Some people have an inability to do a high fruit diet, because they lost the ability to burn sugar due to consumption of polyunsaturated fats. Polyunsaturated fats destroy the cells in the pancreas that produce insulin (1 2). Eliminating vegetable oils from the diet, or sometimes from other sources, often restores the body's ability to use sugar in a few months.

Once you have the ability to have a diet high in the good carbs, like fruits and others, you'll lose weight effortlessly, because this diet avoids the two main fattening ingredients of the modern diet: vegetable oils and grains. You can even have coca cola and other sodas, and you won't gain weight, and if your diet is otherwise high in alkaline minerals, your overall health won't suffer either.

The ketogenic diet is dangerous and unnatural. Some people feel better on fat because they lost the ability to burn sugar, mostly due to consumption of polyunsaturated fats. But the healthy thing to do is to restore the ability to use sugar for energy, just like any normal healthy person.

The ketogenic diet results in low levels of carbon dioxide, more kidney stones. The ability of the body to store glycogen (sugar stores in liver and muscles) is there for a reason, and that's part of why a very low carb diet is inappropriate for our bodies.
    Last edited by jj-; 11-24-2014 at 09:55 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12