Thread: Ultimate Garlic Peeling Trick -- How to Peel 20 Cloves in 20 Seconds!

Ultimate Garlic Peeling Trick -- How to Peel 20 Cloves in 20 Seconds!

Very cool!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't believe everything you see on the Internet.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Great info. I am going to try this. Thanks for posting.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Holy Crap, it freaking worked. I put a big bulb worth of cloves in a 4quart pot, put the lid on it and shook the crap out of it for about 20seconds.
    Cloves came out perfectly, no peeling needed!

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Holy Crap, it freaking worked. I put a big bulb worth of cloves in a 4quart pot, put the lid on it and shook the crap out of it for about 20seconds.
    Cloves came out perfectly, no peeling needed!
    Awesome! Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Awesome! Good to know.
    So...wait a second. You just posted that to see if someone else would try it? What skullduggery is this, woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    So....wait a second. You just posted that to see if someone else would try it? What skullduggery is this, woman.

I was planning on trying it but specs beat me to it.

Mmmm-hmm...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That was awesome!!
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

When I think back to how many hours of my life I've wasted peeling garlic completely unnecessarily..... This was great.

When I think back to how many hours of my life I've wasted peeling garlic completely unnecessarily..... This was great.
    It's fantastic--I've used this method many times as well after I saw it somewhere on some random cooking show. I have a mason jar specific to this task.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

bump because this is so efficient, awesome and doesn't require purchasing any fancy implements of destruction.
    this should be taught in every home economics class in America (do they still cook in those?)

I wonder why the veterinarians I've visited say garlic is poisonous to dogs yet I've heard many a story of people feeding garlic to their dogs to eradicate flea and tic problems.

What's the truth of the matter?

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    It's fantastic--I've used this method many times as well after I saw it somewhere on some random cooking show. I have a mason jar specific to this task.
    So it works with a mason jar? Obviously so if you stated that... that is also good to know...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I wonder why the veterinarians I've visited say garlic is poisonous to dogs yet I've heard many a story of people feeding garlic to their dogs to eradicate flea and tic problems.

I read that and thought of this that I recently saw:

I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

Thanks for the OP. This is great to know. I almost bought a 3 lb. bag of peeled garlic at Costco a couple of days ago and a good portion of it would have spoiled but I didn't want to have to peel my garlic. This is awesome information! I also see that a jar works too, or one bowl and a small cutting board...

Looks like there's a microwave technique also:

Last edited by anaconda; 12-18-2014 at 07:32 PM.

I think I saw somewhere that a Vitamix on the lowest speed will also knock off the skins from the garlic, but can't confirm at the moment.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And here is advice on the acoustical signal that your garlic is peeling....

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Thanks for the OP. This is great to know. I almost bought a 3 lb. bag of peeled garlic at Costco a couple of days ago and a good portion of it would have spoiled but I didn't want to have to peel my garlic. This is awesome information! I also see that a jar works too, or one bowl and a small cutting board...
    I freeze it. I'm not sure if you're "suppose to" but I do.

I mean I don't umm usually need 20 cloves of garlic but at any rate if you just want to do a clove or 2:

• Pick them off the bulb,
    • Lay them on your cutting board
    • take a chef knife
    • hold the blade flat on it's side(blade pointing towards the wall not the floor)
    • place it on top of clove
    • smash with knife and done clove is loose from the peel and easier to chop or crush because it is now a little flatter

It takes much longer to explain it than it does to do it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    So it works with a mason jar? Obviously so if you stated that... that is also good to know...
    It does--but I might go with plastic because of the tile floor, possibility of dropping, and a barefoot toddler wandering about.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Last edited by specsaregood; 05-19-2016 at 09:07 PM.

I just use an aluminum pot with a lid, not a big one. freaking works like a charm, one whole bulb of separated cloves skinned in less than 20secs
    Hadn't occurred to me. Have a good pot to fit the bill--will try.

Very cool!

Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post

I have heard it both ways too. Err on the side of caution, just tell your doggy or kitty "No garlic for you!"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And it really really works!

Now, what do I do with all this garlic...? I know, I'll make some garlic soup!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...oss&highlight=
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.