Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A girl and her (nail) gun

A girl and her (nail) gun

I built garden beds from pallets. It was a huge project (for me) but I'm almost finished. I'm going to lay pavers along the bed and lay sod down on the red clay (GA dirt) in the spring.

Just one of muh woodpiles.

Too ugly

so I spruced it up. Not fancy but free. A few of the pavers I'm going to put along the bed are in the lower right hand corner,

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That looks pretty dern good, suzanimal. You just have that one high point there toward the end but that's nothing. I wonder what it would look like with capstones on top of the wood. Run into any of those ants?

Was going to rep you for your hard work but, alas, I must spread some around so I'll catch up later.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    That looks pretty dern good, suzanimal. You just have that one high point there toward the end but that's nothing. I wonder what it would look like with capstones on top of the wood. Run into any of those ants?

Was going to rep you for your hard work but, alas, I must spread some around so I'll catch up later.
    No ants, thank God.

Yhe high point its rock. I tried to bust it up enough to make it level but the rock > the Suzanimal. It looked pretty sketchy until I added the facing but I'm happy with it - not sure how long it will last though.

Really nice Suz! What method did you use to get the pallets apart?
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

That gun must drive nails like moonlight through the pine. I was just admiring your weather too.

gotcha covered

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Really nice Suz! What method did you use to get the pallets apart?
    The cussing, bitching and angle grinder method. That was the worst part, it wasn't as easy as the youtube guy mad it look.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    No ants, thank God.

Yhe high point its rock. I tried to bust it up enough to make it level but the rock > the Suzanimal. It looked pretty sketchy until I added the facing but I'm happy with it - not sure how long it will last though.
    Oh. Yeah, rocks suck. It could be a small boulder too. Either way, that's good work you did there. Clever too.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    That gun must drive nails like moonlight through the pine. I was just admiring your weather too.

gotcha covered
    Muh gun, it's heavy as hell.
    I think it's a framing gun.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Great job, for a girl.
    Heh. I was going to say not bad fer a hen but then I remembered what Carlybee had said about referring to the women folk as poultry.

The cussing, bitching and angle grinder method. That was the worst part, it wasn't as easy as the youtube guy mad it look.
    "mad it look" Even if unintentional, probably appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Great job, for a girl.
    Let's see your work, tough guy.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

That looks like some fantastic work, Suz! And if you ever go into the landscaping business professionally, let me know. You're hired!

"mad it look" Even if unintentional, probably appropriate.

I like being cryptic sometimes, keeps people on their toes.

Looks great..heckuva lot better than I could do.

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    That looks like some fantastic work, Suz! And if you ever go into the landscaping business professionally, let me know. You're hired!
    Oh hell no! But thanks for the job offer.

Nice job! Would you like to build my deck?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like being cryptic sometimes, keeps people on their toes.
    I got the blade for my sawzall, just haven't been able to get to dispatching my tower of pallets yet. I have several plans for them--one is to make shelves in my bedroom/library, those will have to be sanded and stained. The other is to simply lay them behind my garage for the day when I get a wood stove in order to store firewood. The last plan is to build planters.

I'm sure I'll come up with more wacky ideas that may or may not come to fruition. The shelves will happen though--this blank space in the bedroom is driving me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Ah-haaaaaaa....

That's a nice deck, even if it isn't very big.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Haha! You want it to stay up? I'm not sure my little walls are gonna hold - there's some controversy there.

Oooh, I could do that - don't even have to take 'em apart.

Ah-haaaaaaa....

loveshiscountry

What did you treat the wood with to make it last longer?

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    What did you treat the wood with to make it last longer?
    Love. Just kidding, I didn't treat it with anything. I wanted something temporary. I had the wood and I'm not sure if I'm gonna like the raised bed. Anyway, if I do like it, I'll replace the wood with stone when it starts rotting out.

those will have to be sanded.
    You will be much happier if you plane instead of sand.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Very nice Suzanmal!
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Thank you very much!

I'm pretty proud of myself (*pats self on back*) and I appreciate the kind words.

Well done, Suz! Did you use a table saw to cut your wood? Nice angle cutting on the end too.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Well done, Suz! Did you use a table saw to cut your wood? Nice angle cutting on the end too.
    Thank you!

No, I used a miter saw to make all the cuts, the air nail gun and a hammer to deal with jacked nails - that air gun gets away from me sometimes.

You can see it on the stand in the the upper right of the second pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Seems like the women folk around here know their tools rather well. I think if I asked most ladies to set up the table saw, I'd probably walk in to a table set with knives and forks talking about "I made hot dogs and mac & cheese". YAY...

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    You will be much happier if you plane instead of sand.
    Probably good advice--I'll have to get a new plane, all I have is a tiny one that I've used for doors and small projects.

Another thing I want to do--flower boxes for the windows to attempt to add some character, and they're useful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast