Thread: Behold the Blue Wall

Behold the Blue Wall

First listen to Lawrence O'Donnell speaking about this:

Then read the article about which O'Donnell was speaking about:

http://goplifer.com/2014/11/06/a-rea...-2014-results/

This has always been my concern, and the reason why Rand is courting Democrats. Forget Independents, Rand won't win without flipping at least a solid blue state. We have a very tough job ahead. Rand is doing the right things, but we need to be able to break through the reflexive disgust Democrats have in seeing an 'R' next to his name.

It's all about the electoral votes. Nothing else matters.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand's party as a whole already has a problem winning elections on the national level and would need to flip blue states.

Okay. Watching it now. Some half truths (lies?) by O'Donnell. He claimed "every personhood amendment failed". But a very strong anti abortion amendment passed in Tennessee. Why didn't he mention that? Because it would weaken his argument. And New Hampshire? Clearly in play for someone like Rand Paul. In fact with its libertarian leanings it's a likely win for him. By O'Donnell's own map Virginia is in play, but he claims that it isn't.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Why is Georgia a swing state? Has that much changed since 2008? Where Georgia went GOP despite Democratic massacre? It seems that if Rand couldn't even win Georgia he'd have zero chance.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Why is Georgia a swing state? Has that much changed since 2008? Where Georgia went GOP despite Democratic massacre? It seems that if Rand couldn't even win Georgia he'd have zero chance.
    It isn't. I question the GOP credentials of O'Donnel's source. This is the crap he has to say.

- Vote suppression is working, but that won’t last. Eventually Democrats will help people get the documentation they need to meet the ridiculous and confusing new requirements. The whole “voter integrity” sham may have given Republicans a one or maybe two-election boost in low-turnout races, while kissing off minority votes more or less permanently.

- Every personhood amendment failed.

Not true.

This is an age built for Republican solutions. The global economy is undergoing a massive, accelerating transformation that promises massive new wealth and staggering challenges. We need heads-up, intelligent adaptations to capitalize on those challenges. Republicans, with their traditional leadership on commercial issues should be at the leading edge of planning to capitalize on this emerging environment.

Translation? We need more globalist republicans.

We’re about to get two years of intense, horrifying stupidity. If you thought Benghazi was a legitimate scandal that reveals Obama’s real plans for America then you’re an idiot, but these next two years will be a (briefly) happy period for you.

Ah. So a U.S. Ambassador left to twist in the wind because either there was piss poor planning at the start or because the administration needed to cover up it's missile running to Al Qaeda is "not a real scandal". Okay.

What are we getting from Republicans? Climate denial, theocracy, thinly veiled racism, paranoia, and Benghazi hearings. Lots and lots of hearings on Benghazi.

Only 44 percent of Americans believe in man made global warming.

http://www.pewresearch.org/key-data-...-pew-research/

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

When W Bush was winning re-election (I think) I recall Carl Rove claiming the R's had a 'long-term lock' on the electoral vote (or similar words)
    The "Great Blue Wall" can fall almost as fast.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    He claimed "every personhood amendment failed". But a very strong anti abortion amendment passed in Tennessee. Why didn't he mention that?
    It wasn't a personhood amendment, would be my guess why he didn't mention it.

And New Hampshire? Clearly in play for someone like Rand Paul.
    I agree with you. Clinton is popular in NH though, so hopefully it isn't him vs. her. NV might also be in play with Paul.

By O'Donnell's own map Virginia is in play, but he claims that it isn't.
    His map shows it both ways. With all of the federal workers in VA, it might be less in play if Rand wins than if some other candidates wins. Then again, a lot of liberty and conservative organizations are based there so maybe he could keep it in play.

I'm not sure that GA or AZ are really in play either. GA might be a swing state again in 6-8 years. But it will very likely go GOP in 2016. The reason the Democrats for governor and US Senate did pretty well in GA is because they come from well known, powerful political families.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    It wasn't a personhood amendment, would be my guess why he didn't mention it.
    Yes. That makes what he said technical true but ultimately dishonest. The point he was making was "All the democratic amendments passed...and the republican amendments failed". That's what someone who didn't know about the Tennessee amendment would take from that. So why would he purposefully ignore that fact? That's a rhetorical question. Clearly he had an agenda and that agenda did not involve an honest analysis of the election results.

I agree with you. Clinton is popular in NH though, so hopefully it isn't him vs. her. NV might also be in play with Paul.
    That's scary! I thought NH was all "live free or die"?

His map shows it both ways. With all of the federal workers in VA, it might be less in play if Rand wins than if some other candidates wins. Then again, a lot of liberty and conservative organizations are based there so maybe he could keep it in play.
    Ah. The "job security" argument. Yeah, not sure how that plays out.

I'm not sure that GA or AZ are really in play either. GA might be a swing state again in 6-8 years. But it will very likely go GOP in 2016. The reason the Democrats for governor and US Senate did pretty well in GA is because they come from well known, powerful political families.
    Yeah. The senate candidate's father switched from democrat to republican while in office. And in the south states will often flip between democrat and republican in governor and senate races while being solidly republican in the presidential race. There's no way in hell Hillary takes Georgia in 2016.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Reagan '84 (plus Minnesota)

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 05-13-2016 at 09:44 AM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.