Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This One Police Department Shot 92 Dogs in Three Years. One of the Officers Has Killed 25 By H

This One Police Department Shot 92 Dogs in Three Years. One of the Officers Has Killed 25 By H

Buffalo, NY — A high profile case of Buffalo police killing a man’s dog while looking for non-existent drugs, has led to a Freedom of Information request revealing some sadistic figures.

On June 3, 2013 Buffalo police raided a man’s home to look for crack cocaine. He was not there, nor was the crack.

The home belonged to Iraqi war veteran, Adam Arroyo and his 2-year-old pit bull Cindy.

Upon breaking down the door to Arroyo’s home, officers encountered Cindy, who was barely 50 pounds, and shot and killed her. They were at the wrong apartment.

Sadly, “Police Kill Dog” is not an uncommon segment of headlines across the nation. It happens so often that it has its own category on the The Free Thought Project’s website as well as many other media outlets.

This disturbing trend led to WGRZ-TV in Buffalo, filing a Freedom of Information Act request for use of force incidents within the Buffalo police department only. What they found was shocking.

According to use of force reports requested by WGRZ-TV under the Freedom of Information Law, Buffalo Police shot 92 dogs from Jan. 1, 2011 through Sept. 2014. Seventy-three of those dogs died. Nineteen survived.

To provide a comparison, Buffalo’s numbers more than triple the amount of dog shooting incidents involving police in Cincinnati, a municipality of similar size.

“The numbers are what the numbers are,” Buffalo Police Chief of Detectives Dennis Richards said in an interview with WGRZ. “Certainly, no officer takes any satisfaction in having to dispatch a dog.”

Perhaps an even more disturbing reality is that nearly 30 percent of these dog shootings in Buffalo were carried out by one man. The unidentified officer has shot 26 dogs, killing 25 of them, in just the last three years.

The New York City Police Department produces an annual discharge report, publishing its most recent version in 2012. According to those reports, the NYPD shot 72 dogs in 2011 and 2012, but fewer than 30 percent of those cases (21) resulted in fatalities.

That means that in the years 2011-2012 alone, this cop has killed as many dogs as the entire NYPD!

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/pol...IJAr3veSjfG.99

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The unidentified officer has shot 26 dogs, killing 25 of them, in just the last three years.

Family pets you $#@!ing idiot!

This kop who is protected from even being known killed 25 family pets!

That's 25 families who deserve to know the name and address of this murder who assaulted their family home.

No more qualified immunity!

So if someone killed him, they'd have to figure out who did it among family members and family friends of the two dozen families.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    So if someone killed him, they'd have to figure out who did it among family members and family friends of the two dozen families.
    Accountability the cornerstone of freedom...

No wonder government avoids it at all costs......

There's one other cop in Upstate NY who has close to that many kills and who has been named and quoted bragging about it. Nothing has happened to him, and nothing will.

chipin: 2 adult sized dog costumes, strong glue, chloroform/tazer, a few custom "dog hunting season" signs...

-t

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Family pets you $#@!ing idiot!

This kop who is protected from even being known killed 25 family pets!

That's 25 families who deserve to know the name and address of this murder who assaulted their family home.

No more qualified immunity!
    There are rare cases where a truly dangerous dog has to be put down -- but it's pretty obvious that this one officer is just doing it because he can and because he knows that nobody is going to stop him (well, I can think of how I'd like for him to be stopped, but it's not going to happen).

He probably enjoys the power trip of killing something, and loves even more the thought of inflicting emotional distress and fear in the owners -- he's a sociopath, and probably needs to be put down the same way a truly dangerous dog would be.

I'm sure many cops go an entire career without shooting a dog, then you have others who have a dozen or more kills -- it's pretty obvious what's going on, and why it shouldn't be ignored. Even if I wasn't a dog lover I'd still feel bad for the people who are having their pets killed just for some sadist's pleasure (one who has the full backing of the state to do it) .
    Last edited by SeanTX; 11-19-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    There are rare cases where a truly dangerous dog has to be put down --
    Isn't this why cities have animal control?

I'll wager a dime to a dollar that every dog killed had a drug warrant associated with the slaughter....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'll wager a dime to a dollar that every dog killed had a drug warrant associated with the slaughter....
    In many areas the police *are* animal control -- with expected results. I'm sure there are many horror stories from those places that we never hear about. And those are rural areas where you'd think that the people wouldn't just let it happen, but they do.

In places where there is dedicated animal control, well, the police "don't have time for that." The main tool they have is a hammer, and most every problem is a nail, so they hammer away -- not like anybody will stop them anyway.

It's a war zone out there, no time for niceties like letting somebody secure their pet that might be in the way of a .gov kidnapping operation, so, just shoot it ... problem solved.

Oh, and when I said "some dogs do need to be put down" I meant ones that had actually mauled people or livestock, or that presented a true danger of doing so -- not like these cases like the one in Idaho where the cop shot a black lab closed up in a van because it barked at him.

Or the Ft. Worth cop who shot a border collie for barking at him, then lied and said it was a "pit bull." Things like that have created a situation where EVERY police use of force needs to be questioned (especially of course shootings of mundane humans).

I can't understand why so many people (even here) seem to feel sorry for Officer Wilson -- the police have created an environment where everything they do has to be questioned, if there's even the least little hint of wrongdoing. They did it to themselves.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 11-19-2014 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Are they paying them a bounty for them? Would appear so .

So i guess I no longer need to have my dog spade or neutered. The cops will just kill it anyway?

I will see your dime that some were killed with no warrant and that all warrants were not served on the proper address .

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    So i guess I no longer need to have my dog spade or neutered. The cops will just kill it anyway?
    Seems right .

Or others .

26 dogs in 36 months? That's a dog every 42 days.

AF have you watched Boondock Saints yet?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

He probably enjoys the power trip of killing something, and loves even more the thought of inflicting emotional distress and fear in the owners [...P]eople [...] are having their pets killed just for some sadist's pleasure (one who has the full backing of the state to do it).
    Please disregard this unauthorized interruption ^^^^^.

We apologize for the technical difficulties.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming:

“The numbers are what the numbers are,” Buffalo Police Chief of Detectives Dennis Richards said in an interview with WGRZ. “Certainly, no officer takes any satisfaction in having to dispatch a dog.”
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ok, sooo..as we all know, big gov types love to inflict a license fee for a dog...cops kill dog, cop reduces revenue because now a dead dog will not contribute to the coffers...

lets roll with that and see what happens..

kill dog...no tax money...effectively effing up the local gov budget, plus the high risk of a law suit to the enablers...

money talks...or it used to..
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 11-19-2014 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    ok, sooo..as we all know, big gov types love to inflict a license fee for a dog...cops kill dog, cop reduces revenue because now a dead dog will not contribute to the coffers...

lets roll with that and see what happens..

kill dog...no tax money...effectively effing up the local gov budget, plus the high risk of a law suit to the enablers...

money talks...or it used to..
    Doubt it would float. "Broken window" and all that jive. Dog gets shot. Owner buys new dog increasing revenue through taxes. Owner buys new dog a new license again increasing revenue.

Torturing and killing animals is considered a warning sign of a developing psychopathic killer. http://www.crimemuseum.org/blog/9-ea...rial-killers-2
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Doubt it would float. "Broken window" and all that jive. Dog gets shot. Owner buys new dog increasing revenue through taxes. Owner buys new dog a new license again increasing revenue.

probably true, but the talking point may get legs amongst the sheep...

sigh...i'm just trying to find a way to slow, or stop this evil bull$#@!...

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    probably true, but the talking point may get legs amongst the sheep...

sigh...i'm just trying to find a way to slow, or stop this evil bull$#@!...
    Understood. I don't know that there is one except for the outright destruction of the police state and all the pain and misery and sacrifice that would entail.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    [...] Dog gets shot. Owner buys new dog [...]
    Hmmmm ... "Police Dog Shootings as Economic Stimulus" ...

I'm sensing the opportunity for a groundbreaking economics paper - or at least a Paul Krugman column (Tyler Cowen might pinch-hit) ...

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Hmmmm ... "Police Dog Shootings as Economic Stimulus" ...

I'm sensing the opportunity for a groundbreaking economics paper - or at least a Paul Krugman column (Tyler Cowen might pinch-hit) ...
    Headline news: Pet adoptions booming. ASPCA calls to end spaying and neutering programs in wake of shortage. God help us.

War on dogs - I'm tellin' ya.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    War on dogs - I'm tellin' ya.
    and the owners, and taxpayers, and on morality.

Better to have that costumed psychopathic killer shooting 25 dogs than shooting,
    maiming and/or killing 25 kids, spouses or loved ones.

He kills those poor dogs, and that protects the children from his rage for now,
    but what happens when that town runs out of dogs for the psychopath to kill?

Do they have any horses or cows that could be sacrificed instead of terrorizing
    our families?

25!

TWENTY-FIVE

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    Better to have that costumed psychopathic killer shooting 25 dogs than shooting,
    maiming and/or killing 25 kids, spouses or loved ones.

He kills those poor dogs, and that protects the children from his rage for now,
    but what happens when that town runs out of dogs for the psychopath to kill?

Do they have any horses or cows that could be sacrificed instead of terrorizing
    our families?

25!

TWENTY-FIVE
    Oh, there's an endless supply of dogs to shoot, no worries there. It'd be interesting to know if the one with 25 dog kills has shot any humans.

I'm guessing he has -- it's not that big of a step up from casually shooting dogs to then go after two-legged threats in the same way. It's just requires more paper work, with the bonus of some paid-leave.

Acala wrote:
    And this is just what is in the official reports. I wonder if a guy who likes killing things this much can really confine himself to the "line of duty"? And if so, for how long?
    I'm guessing there are many more shootings that take place "off the record." The figure of 92 over three or four years sounds rather low. And don't forget Buffalo Police are the same ghouls who watch the death notices hoping to confiscate pistols from the families of deceased gun owners.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 11-19-2014 at 03:14 PM.

Oh, there's an endless supply of dogs to shoot, no worries there. It'd be interesting to know if the one with 25 dog kills has shot any humans.

I'm guessing he has -- it's not that big of a step up from casually shooting dogs to then go after two-legged threats in the same way. It's just requires more paper work, with the bonus of some paid-leave.
    And this is just what is in the official reports. I wonder if a guy who likes killing things this much can really confine himself to the "line of duty"? And if so, for how long?
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Are they paying them a bounty for them? Would appear so .
    No bounty.

Just the Circular Force Continuum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast