Thread: Rand Paul: “I haven’t joined the neocon cabal”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

It's sad that he has to say something like that. Just goes to show there are low information voters of all ideologies.

Hannity trying to stir $#@! up. Nothing else.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I can't stand Hannity's load mouth. He's such a phoney chickensh*t.

The fact that 45% of Republicans agree with McCain foreign policy is such a face palm.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    The fact that 45% of Republicans agree with McCain foreign policy is such a face palm.
    I hope Katie Pavlich comes through with her threat to primary him in 2016.

The way Hannity ended the interview tell you all you need to know about neocons. He agreed with the part where interventionism is good and disagreed with the part where interventionism turns out bad for the US. These people will never give an inch or compromise to anyone. Its always war and money for the MIC all the time. You cannot reason with these people.

But on the other hand, I am glad it hasn't reached the point in the campaign where Rand is ashamed to say he isn't a neocon.

Double dragon
    Last edited by juleswin; 11-18-2014 at 12:42 PM. Reason: double post

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wanted to see how Rand responded to the end part....
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Which shows how important it is (and smart) for Rand to constantly engage, especially with Hannity and his audience.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    The way Hannity ended the interview tell you all you need to know about neocons. He agreed with the part where interventionism is good and disagreed with the part where interventionism turns out bad for the US. These people will never give an inch or compromise to anyone. Its always war and money for the MIC all the time. You cannot reason with these people.

But on the other hand, I am glad it hasn't reached the point in the campaign where Rand is ashamed to say he isn't a neocon.
    Agree. Hannity 100% represents the neoconservative foreign policy wing of the GOP (and the Democrats too for that matter). When it comes to policing the world and war, fiscal conservatism and constitutional concerns are disregarded. It's the same whether it comes from Lindsey Graham or Hillary Clinton.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

He is never going to convince Hannity we need less intervention. Hannity probably has a monetary interest in War,Inc. I bet a bunch of them do.or if not, his employers do.
    Last edited by Carlybee; 11-18-2014 at 02:07 PM.

hannity throwing stones about dad right in front of son!

i still say that rand owes hannity an ass kicking for all the lies and $#@! he said about ron. i just dont see how rand can keep quiet. $#@! you hannity.

I haven't joined cable either. Sticking with Netflix for now.

Might have to share this link to those who gathered around the "Rand sold out post-Romney nomination" concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Didn't Rand used to call himself a "non-interventionist" though? Now he is saying he is not.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ2 View Post
    Didn't Rand used to call himself a "non-interventionist" though? Now he is saying he is not.
    No, he's never called himself that.

Hannity will never accept being wrong on Iraq

Rand Paul: “I haven’t joined the neocon cabal".

Wouldn't Mitch McConnell be considered part of the neocon cabal?

Quote Originally Posted by JJ2 View Post
    He isn't referring to non-intervention anyway. He's referring to isolationism which some use as a pejorative to discredit non-interventionism.

Quote Originally Posted by samforpaul View Post
    Rand Paul: “I haven’t joined the neocon cabal".

Wouldn't Mitch McConnell be considered part of the neocon cabal?
    Yes, but Rand doesn't vote the same way as Mitch on foreign policy issues.

Maybe I'm missing something, but McConnell doesn't seem like a hardocre noeocon cheerleader as much as he is a political opportunist. He voted against the Syria war resolution at one point, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Hannity trying to stir $#@! up. Nothing else.
    And once again proving he's wrong by disagreeing with the 2nd point. "They hate us for our freedom's" line must still be strong with the force among Hannity's listener's.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined