Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sen. Paul Responds to Attacks in Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Of course you didn't. I had to bring it up. Ta daaaaaa
    Just because 50% of people (allegedly) don't associate with the two major parties, it doesn't necessarily mean that 50% of people supported Ron Paul. If that was the case, Ron Paul would be President right now. Plus, you're putting way too much stock into this 50% number. I have no idea what poll you're referencing, but calling yourself
    "independent" doesn't necessarily mean that said individual will vote for a third party. It just means that said individual's political views don't swing to either extreme and/or they're too embarrassed to tell the pollster that they identify as a Republican or a Democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    If true, what is to stop said President from going all Night of the Long Knives on these people?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    If true, what is to stop said President from going all Night of the Long Knives on these people?
    I don't think you realize the extent and depth of the Oligarch's political control. It's not just a few fellows.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just because 50% of people (allegedly) don't associate with the two major parties, it doesn't necessarily mean that 50% of people supported Ron Paul. If that was the case, Ron Paul would be President right now. Plus, you're putting way too much stock into this 50% number. I have no idea what poll you're referencing, but calling yourself "independent" doesn't necessarily mean that said individual will vote for a third party. It just means that said individual's political views don't swing to either extreme and/or they're too embarrassed to tell the pollster that they identify as a Republican or a Democrat.
    Hoooolyyy Smokes. You're fully indoctrinated, arent you. Do we NOT know how to evaluate the statistics of what just happened in the mid-term? Stock? I'm telling you like it is. And, btw, not to toot my own horn but I recall specifically saying more than a few times on this very forum a year and a half ago that we'd see the largest turnout of independent voters in modern history. I said it word for word. And we did. This will continue.

I'm not even going to consider the rest of your question. Ron could have walked away with 80% of the vote and he still would have lost. It's rigged. And then you have corporate/legacy media right there in the middle of it and narrating the whole thing. They sure did serve Ron's popularity well now didn't they? The guy didn't even show up on their reporting where he was winning but they sure did tell us how the establishment fellers were doing. Cripes, they couln't even put his picture next to his name. Sometimes you'd see an entirely diferent picture of another candidate next to his name. And I could go on and on with that.

I cannot believe that some folks are truly so naive and deluded to just assume and insinuate that we just walked off of the boat yesterday. I've been doing this for over thirty years. If I say 50% then by gosh you can rest assured that it's just that. "Allegedly". Phhht.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 11-19-2014 at 08:06 PM.

Of course you didn't. I had to bring it up. Ta daaaaaa

I'm logging off. You're plucking my nerves now.
    Perhaps I was being a bit unfair, but criticizing Rand for condemning murder is about as radical and extreme as you can possibly get, and it does seem to me like Rand is better off without people like that supporting him.

Call me cynical... but if anyone is going to false flag its Zionist Israel.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Rand has the support of the liberty movement except for the most extreme elements, and he wouldn't want the support of the most extreme elements. If he had the support of people who go around and advocate the murder of cops, for instance, then he would have no chance at all to become President. The only way he can win is if he disassociates himself from those people.
    I understand there are a few people who borderline do this (even then its sort of borderline) but most of the time its really more nuanced than that. There are some anarcho-capitalists who support Rand and some non-ancaps who don't, so I don't know that you're statement is strictly accurate.

BTW: I didn't have a problem with what Rand said in this instance.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I understand there are a few people who borderline do this (even then its sort of borderline) but most of the time its really more nuanced than that. There are some anarcho-capitalists who support Rand and some non-ancaps who don't, so I don't know that you're statement is strictly accurate.

BTW: I didn't have a problem with what Rand said in this instance.
    Yeah, I probably got a little carried away with what I said. I just think it's ridiculous for people to criticize Rand for condemning murder.

Yeah, I probably got a little carried away with what I said. I just think it's ridiculous for people to criticize Rand for condemning murder.
    LOL. You're such a $#@!ing joke.

There are a number of issues with Rand. I still support him, but I'm not happy with everything.

I'm going to assume the best and say that the people who are condemning Rand are doing so not because they think what Rand was condemning was actually OK, but because they think Rand is being a hypocrite for not also condemning Palestinian murders. Kind of like I sometimes condemn people for being hypocrites because they condemn the 9/11 attacks and yet support the atomic bombings at Hiroshima and Nagisaki and so forth. That would probably make me a "radical extremist" in your mind but it doesn't mean I support the 9/11 attacks.

Assuming the best about the people who are criticizing Rand, my thoughts are:

1. I understand

and

2. Really, there are things that Rand is doing that are more questionable than this. It makes sense that Rand is emphasizing things that are going to make him popular and not things that won't. I can live with it.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    LOL. You're such a $#@!ing joke.
    What does that make you? You're the one who doesn't have any problem with murder, as long as the dead people are Jews.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I understand there are a few people who borderline do this (even then its sort of borderline)
    There are some nuts out there that align themselves with the liberty movement. But that's a different discussion.

At the end of the day, though, if we recall what our framers had mentioned, we send representatives to Washington to support us. It's not the other way around where some folks just blend in with the bad guys there and then go looking for support. Uh-uh. Nope. That's not how it's supposed to work. It's not about them. It's about us. It's why we send them.

The problem is that we like to do it the other way around and subsequently become selective with the us part. Not Israel. Us

You know, when Columbus supposedly discovered America, what he did was he avoided the better route and aside from all of the fear that those people had back then about the Earth being flat as well as other things, they chose to go the way that, although terrifying, and much harder, completely avoided the Middle East. Now, that's saying something. Those people have been doing this to each other for centuries.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 11-19-2014 at 09:57 PM.

We need to remember that the Israeli government and the Israeli people are different.
    Stop believing stupid things

There are some nuts out there that align themselves with the liberty movement. But that's a different discussion.
    TC is the one who cares about this. I really don't. Although I am mildly annoyed by a handful of anarcho-capitalists that make other anarcho-capitalists look bad. For instance, Larken Rose brings up some important philosophical questions regarding when it is or isn't justified to respond to police aggression with lethal violence, but then you have guys like Chris Cantwell basically just saying its OK to kill cops, at any time. Mind you, this is kind of a different issue, and even then, I'm not going to say that those types of people (Cantwell and the like) aren't part of the liberty movement, I'll just say that they annoy me a fair chunk of the time.
    At the end of the day, though, if we recall what our framers had mentioned, we send representatives to Washington to support us. It's not the other way around where some folks just blend in with the bad guys there and then go looking for support. Uh-uh. Nope. That's not how it's supposed to work. It's not about them. It's about us. It's why we send them.

The problem is that we like to do it the other way around and subsequently become selective with the us part. Not Israel. Us.
    I get your point, but the reps don't represent "us". They never have. Statism and personal represenation cannot coexist, ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    We need to remember that the Israeli government and the Israeli people are different.
    So true.

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    Right, but Rand rhetorically and politically supported sending not only the normal amount of yearly foreign aid to Israel's government, but supplemental additions as well. While stating that he was 'standing with Israel'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by libertarianinternational View Post
    2 words.

False. Flag.
    Off.Rip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    How and when it became compulsory for almost all US Presidential candidates to show their support for a foreign blowback generator country? Guess Rand has to drink water from same well where most other ambitious politicians are lined up.
    Like when he told Hannity the other day that past U.S intervention is responsible for the rise of ISIS?
    It seems to me that there is a slight tension in Rand Paul's position. I believe that past U.S intervention is indeed largely responsible for the rise of ISIS - and a lot of other blowback.

But the U.S. intervention that is responsible for this blowback consists largely in supporting Israel when Israel does things that infuriate a large proportion of the population of the Middle East.
    "Statesmen may plan and speculate for liberty, but it is religion and morality alone which can establish the principles upon which freedom can securely stand." - John Adams

"He is the best friend to American liberty, who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion, and who sets himself with the greatest firmness to bear down on profanity and immorality of every kind." - John Witherspoon

Why I stand with Rand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12