Thread: ronpaul.com now redirects to a petition to nominate Ron Paul in 2016

ronpaul.com now redirects to a petition to nominate Ron Paul in 2016

just fyi for anyone who cares.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They want emails for some reason. That is the goal of online petitions.

yeah...they want a mailing list.

Didn't they say during the domain battle fiasco that they no longer supported Ron Paul? I guess that didn't stop them from registering ronpaul16.com (and using it to "support" him)

They are not supporters. They just use Ron Pauls name to earn money.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

This is either silly or truly horrible.That site should have been turned over to Ron and it should be used to promote Rand. Ron is retired, he won't run in 2016 no matter how much some people want him to. People need to listen to Ron and support Rand!

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    yeah...they want a mailing list.
    They already have a mailing list.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Didn't they say during the domain battle fiasco that they no longer supported Ron Paul?
    No, they did not. They very much supported Ron Paul throughout and bent over backwards doing their best to make a deal he would be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    They are not supporters. They just use Ron Paul's name to earn money.
    Actually, they are strong and sincere supporters. At least the one I dealt with was.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If they were supporters they would have given Ron the domain.

They are profiteers.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Actually, they are strong and sincere supporters. At least the one I dealt with was.
    If they were, they wouldn't be wasting time on something like getting Ron to run in 2016 since he has no intention to do so and wants people to support Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    If they were supporters they would have given Ron the domain.
    You are certainly free to think that.

Myself, I am a Ron Paul supporter, and I own many things I have failed to give him.

No, they did not. They very much supported Ron Paul throughout and bent over backwards doing their best to make a deal he would be happy with.

What are you talking about? They asked enormous amount of money from Ron for that domain! They earned huuuuge amount of money from selling Rons name and face and if campaign/Ron profited from it- it was just a side-effect.

If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

They asked enormous amount of money from Ron for that domain!
    In point of fact, you do not know how much was asked. Nor do you know how much was offered. I know both.

In point of fact, you do not know how much was asked. Nor do you know how much was offered. I know both.
    In point of fact..... if I were in bad mood I would have told you to "$#@! off" because that post came off as condescending, Collins-like, arrogant and many other things.... since i am not in a bad mood I will not say that. I will say: "I fart in your general direction.".

What I do know:
    They asked 250.000 dollars for domain ronpaul.com, ronpaul.org and mailing list or they offered to give for free ronpaul.org. That way they could keep the goose that lays the golden eggs.

They didnt wanted to give Ron mailing list that contained more than 150.000 emails of hard core supporters. WTF!.? How can anyone say that they are supporters? They wanted to sell it for huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugeeee amounts of money. FFS!!!

During one of money-bombs they were asked to participate and promote it. Their answer was: "We are not interested in that at this moment."(cant remember exact words but that is the sentiment of their answer)....

They registered domains in Panama, Australia and did everything they could in advance to keep that domain.

I am not 100% sure about this (people on this forum posted it but I dont remember exactly who):

First offer was more than 800.000 dollars.

This is a business for them. They own more than just ronpaul.com/org domains....

P.s.
    This is what are they saying:

Ron Paul 2016 Petition

Is all hope lost now that Ron Paul is retiring from politics? Not as long as we keep fighting. If 100,000 supporters pledge by February 2015 that we will support Ron Paul 2016, it might still be possible to convince Ron Paul to run for President again.
    Join us in expressing our approval of Ron Paul’s candidacy by signing our powerful message of support. Feel free to include your comments and suggestions for his campaign.
    What a load of bull$#@!. There is 0.0000000000000000000001% chance that he will run again and they know it. They want email addresses.

For some reason this s%&t got on my nerves.
    Last edited by Barrex; 11-18-2014 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Peru

You are certainly free to think that.

Myself, I am a Ron Paul supporter, and I own many things I have failed to give him.
    But you don't own something that uses Ron's name with the intention to make a profit. They do.

There is nothing inherently wrong with making a profit, but it should be told like it is.

In point of fact..... if I were in bad mood I would have told you to "$#@! off" because that post came off as condescending, Collins-like, arrogant and many other things.... since i am not in a bad mood I will not say that. I will say: "I fart in your general direction.".

What I do know:
    They asked 250.000 dollars for domain ronpaul.com, ronpaul.org and mailing list or they offered to give for free ronpaul.org. That way they could keep the goose that lays the golden eggs.

They didnt wanted to give Ron mailing list that contained more than 150.000 emails of hard core supporters. WTF!.? How can anyone say that they are supporters? They wanted to sell it for huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugeeee amounts of money. FFS!!!

During one of money-bombs they were asked to participate and promote it. Their answer was: "We are not interested in that at this moment."(cant remember exact words but that is the sentiment of their answer)....

They registered domains in Panama, Australia and did everything they could in advance to keep that domain.

I am not 100% sure about this (people on this forum posted it but I dont remember exactly who):

First offer was more than 800.000 dollars.

This is a business for them. They own more than just ronpaul.com/org domains....

P.s.
    This is what are they saying:

What a load of bull$#@!. There is 0.0000000000000000000001% chance that he will run again and they know it. They want email addresses.

For some reason this s%&t got on my nerves.
    I believe the Panama address was the anonymous whois service that everyone was going after because they thought that company owned the site.

But- the ones who ran the site at that time were not the same ones who owned the domain. They were leasing the domain, and may or may not be the same people who have control of it today.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm trying to google it. Google seems to be harder to use in finding things than it was years ago (probably because the web has grown so much) but I distinctly remember them saying that they had "lost all respect" for him and would no longer support him all because of domain dispute. Maybe one reason I'm having trouble finding it is because it was posted on their homepage blog at the time and that seems to have been deleted.

I'm trying to google it. Google seems to be harder to use in finding things than it was years ago (probably because the web has grown so much) but I distinctly remember them saying that they had "lost all respect" for him and would no longer support him all because of domain dispute. Maybe one reason I'm having trouble finding it is because it was posted on their homepage blog at the time and that seems to have been deleted.
    They did not say that -- that is an exaggeration. They did make some comments about questioning why he would do this, etc., which they then thought better of and promptly took down. That is why you can't find anything -- because they deleted it all. They deleted everything regarding the domain name dispute, as a show of good faith in the negotiations, and also to avoid doing any harm to the cause of liberty.

They did not say that -- that is an exaggeration. They did make some comments about questioning why he would do this, etc., which they then thought better of and promptly took down. That is why you can't find anything -- because they deleted it all. They deleted everything regarding the domain name dispute, as a show of good faith in the negotiations, and also to avoid doing any harm to the cause of liberty.
    The only thing I've found is that they wanted pre-retirement Ron Paul back, and before that they said things they had done in regards to the situation:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20130212...w.ronpaul.com/

From what they said, they approached Ron Paul directly with an offer for RonPaul.org, and the offer was ignored and didn't get a response, and instead Ron went directly to the United Nations....

They deleted all trail of it. Especially comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I believe the Panama address was the anonymous whois service that everyone was going after because they thought that company owned the site.
    But- the ones who ran the site at that time were not the same ones who owned the domain. They were leasing the domain, and may or may not be the same people who have control of it today.
    Domain is registered in Australia. Everything that I know/remember about them tells me that they do it for profit and that they did all they could to ensure that no one gets in the way of that. They are not (anymore) US citizens and registering domain on another continent left Ron with only legal solution to go to UN to resolve this dispute...

From Lew Rockwell:
    –Is Ron “attacking his own supporters” by his action? Apparently, the RP.com people have never given a dime to any of his campaigns nor educational efforts, despite promises to do so from the sale of memorabilia. Instead, they are attacking Ron, in part for being anti-militarist. Some supporters. But it will not work. And it will soon be over, freeing Ron from this distraction as he steps up his fight for freedom. Really steps it up, in historic ways.
    From Ronpaul.com :

Department

Clothing (750)

Home & Pets (326)

Accessories (210)

Office Products (179)

Other Products (126)

Electronics (101)

Cards & Postage (92)

Art & Posters (5)

All items selling Ron Pauls persona. All, or almost all, of their articles are just copy/paste of Ron Paul. They write under article:
    "Posted on April 10, 2013 by Ron Paul 2012 ( it links to real Ron Paul facebook page so that it looks that real Ron is writing it)"
    by Ron Paul
    and then they dont provide link to original article or mention that they copy/pasted it from Ron Pauls real site. They do this with LewRockwell.com interviews too.

By what standard are they supporters? They profited from using articles that other people wrote, sign them with other peoples names, dont give credits or link to original content, they sell thousand of products with Ron Pauls face, name, they dont donate to campaigns, they "are not interested in participating in moneybombs at this time", they register domain on another continent (presumably to make it harder for anyone to sue them or get to them) and they call them selfs supporters (presumably to keep earning money). I have strong feeling that any positive outcome for Ron and his campaign is just side-effect from primary goal of earning money for owners of ronpaul.com.

Why didnt they donate to Rons campaigns?
    Why didnt they give Ron mailing list (that would ensure Ron "millions of dollars in donations"- from their mouths)?
    Why why why....

I would really like to see financial papers of ronpaul.com. Also, I am really curious what will happen to 150.000-200.000 old contact informations and these new ones that they are collecting via "Ron Paul 2016" farce.

It doesnt annoy me that they earn money using politicians/public figures-not even from Ron. It annoys me because of the way they are doing it- dishonestly.

P.s.
    Funny fact: In ther "contact" section you have to fill "Name" and "Email" but not "Subject" and "Your Message". If you fill name and mail with rest of it empty you get the message "Your message was sent successfully. Thanks." In my mind I read it like this: We got your email... we can sell it later"
    Your message was sent successfully. Thanks.

If anyone wants to look deeper at the domain, domaintools has some stuff for $49:
    http://domainreport.domaintools.com/ronpaul.com

So not cool smh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Yes really a pity that people like them were able to insinuate themselves into Ron's life's work in some way.