Thread: 1 out of 30 children now homeless, up from 1 out of 50 eight years ago.

1 out of 30 children now homeless, up from 1 out of 50 eight years ago.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The war on poverty is not working? ROFL

more local building codes!
    mandatory federal licensing program for carpenters!
    condemn and demolish ugly buildings!
    increase the school tax!
    Last edited by presence; 11-17-2014 at 03:30 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

End the godforsaken Fed!

Mission Accomplished: Stocks & Homeless Kids Hit All-Time Highs
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-1...all-time-highs
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Some folks really need to just stop having babies they can't or won't house, feed and support.

We should also add a flat tax to the adoption process to bring the mean cost from $45,000 to up over $60k.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    End the godforsaken Fed!

Mission Accomplished: Stocks & Homeless Kids Hit All-Time Highs
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-1...all-time-highs
    Nah. Phil Collins should just do a music video that can be used in testimony before Congress ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    The War on Poverty is like fighting Fire with Gasoline. We'll spend all sorts of money that we take from the poor to fight poverty, where the proposed solution itself is what is causing the problem.

Lets be real, the Rich dont pay taxes. They have millions in off shore bank accts in the Cayman Islands and still collect on all the benefits supposedly to take care of the poor, like Medicaid, Food Stamps, etc. The real solution is not to take more money from the poor, but to put an End to the Welfare State, enabled by the Federal Reserve and Endless Money Printing.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They can have a home in the Army!
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

How is this possible? Kids from Mexico coming here and living at taxpayers expense at $1,000. per day each child. Obama hates U.S. that badly, he will starve American kids, but splurge billions for Mexican kids covering for the age 25 to 45 hiding in their bibs.. Reason why, you never elect a non American for President. Obama is a Black Muslim who hates Americans of all races.. He does not discriminate in his hatred of whites, blacks, indians.. He is an equal opportunity hater of anything American.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    more local building codes!
    mandatory federal licensing program for carpenters!
    condemn and demolish ugly buildings!
    increase the school tax!
    That is the $1m question. Would you have be homeless than live in a house that is not up to code? Have Obamacare standard health insurance or not have insurance at all? higher chance of being jobless or govt guaranteed earning potential of $10:10 per hour? Lots of question but no easy answer.

Maybe I'll read it tomorrow but I'm wondering how they count them and what constitutes homeless in their research. What I'm looking for starts at page 15 but after scrolling through all those sad pictures, I'm too bummed out to go further right now. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm curious what percentage runaway teens make up in their statistics.

moar taxes... for the children...
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Maybe I'll read it tomorrow but I'm wondering how they count them and what constitutes homeless in their research. What I'm looking for starts at page 15 but after scrolling through all those sad pictures, I'm too bummed out to go further right now. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm curious what percentage runaway teens make up in their statistics.
    Yeah , I am wondering how this was calculated . I have not seen homeless children .

What are the numbers when you only count legal citizens w/legal parents?

How many of these are kids/families that Obama encouraged to come here illegally?

Unless they move in with relatives, they are all "homeless" aren't they?

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I think we need to spend a couple billion dollars on marketing for Section 8 vouchers.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Tavis Smiley - Blacks are worse off under Obama.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    The War on Poverty is like fighting Fire with Gasoline. We'll spend all sorts of money that we take from the poor to fight poverty, where the proposed solution itself is what is causing the problem.

Lets be real, the Rich dont pay taxes. They have millions in off shore bank accts in the Cayman Islands and still collect on all the benefits supposedly to take care of the poor, like Medicaid, Food Stamps, etc. The real solution is not to take more money from the poor, but to put an End to the Welfare State, enabled by the Federal Reserve and Endless Money Printing.
    The rich pay almost all the taxes, despite their efforts to avoid taxation. However I agree with you that the solution is to shrink the size of government. Nobody, rich or poor should be paying half their earnings in taxes.

The numbers don't work.

http://www.pollyklaas.org/enews-arch...-runaways.html

between 1.6-2.8 million youth runaway each year in the United States.

slightly over half are throwaways.

20% of the US population are between 10 and 24yo. ( ~60 million ) /2

the vast majority return home in less than a week - so divide your answer by 52

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 11-20-2014 at 08:13 AM.

We have this thing called the corridor. ....families with no homes. They live in daily motels if they are lucky or in tent city.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

I also found this interesting:

115 children are abducted by strangers yearly in the US.
    90% are recovered safely.

So much for the "stranger danger" myth...
    that means statistically you should be terrified of your swimming pool and not worried at all about your kids talking to strangers, yet perpetuating this myth and scaring the $#@! out of parents is a growth industry worth hundreds of millions and frequently used to steal civil rights - like spying programs and controlling the Internet.

ps: there are ZERO recorder cases of razor blades in Halloween apples and only a single case of poisoning ever recorded. Also the boogy man does not exist and certainly does not live under your bed.

-t