Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul 2016 Facebook Page is front for Rare website at expense of Rand

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

That page used to be owned by Dave Aiello, who then sold to someone else. I'm guessing it was sold to Jack Hunter and is being grown in the meantime with Rare articles until it is handed over to the official Rand campaign in 2016 (or to a supporting PAC).

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grenadine View Post
    That page used to be owned by Dave Aiello, who then sold to someone else. I'm guessing it was sold to Jack Hunter and is being grown in the meantime with Rare articles until it is handed over to the official Rand campaign in 2016 (or to a supporting PAC).
    If this actually becomes the official page, then our opposition will have plenty of cannon fodder tweeting out all of the previous divisive posts. I think the official "draft Rand" Facebook page should become the official Rand 2016 page, or maybe just start a new one.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    If this actually becomes the official page, then our opposition will have plenty of cannon fodder tweeting out all of the previous divisive posts. I think the official "draft Rand" Facebook page should become the official Rand 2016 page, or maybe just start a new one.
    Yes that was my concern. The campaign could scrub them whenever they buy the page but I doubt that will stop the internet mobs from using the controversial posts in a smear campaign. It would be the ron paul newsletter situation all over again

Yea I've brought this issue up before and didn't get much of a response. Hunter or whoever is running that page needs to stop. The $#@! they post is often mildly infuriating and I've unliked the page, but 100k people are still seeing that garbage and thinking it's from Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    Yes that was my concern. The campaign could scrub them whenever they buy the page but I doubt that will stop the internet mobs from using the controversial posts in a smear campaign. It would be the ron paul newsletter situation all over again
    Is that you in your profile pic? Looking spiffy! You should run for offfice!

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    And Rand can not file a DCMA take down because the concept of Rand Paul running for President in 2016 is not something he owns a copyright to.
    That is a silly argument. Of course he can get it taken down from Facebook, and he probably should. They'll remove pages over mich less. Even without the DMCA or such a thing as personality rights he would have plenty of standing seeing how he's a celeb and might run in 2016.

And more so as theyre posting controversial $#@!, it has tons of likes and people think it's him.

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    That is a silly argument. Of course he can get it taken down from Facebook, and he probably should. They'll remove pages over mich less. Even without the DMCA or such a thing as personality rights he would have plenty of standing seeing how he's a celeb and might run in 2016.
    Especially since the posts are written in first-person, which could lead to the argument that there's an intention to cause confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    100k people are still seeing that garbage and thinking it's from Rand.
    Actually it's nearly 200k

Quote Originally Posted by economics102 View Post
    Especially since the posts are written in first-person, which could lead to the argument that there's an intention to cause confusion.
    Okay, that's pretty effed up!!! We need to do something about this!

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Has anybody else tried to ask Jack Hunter if he runs the page? Of course he didn't respond to me. Why not ask? If we want Rand to become the next president, then why not act to make a positive change?

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Has anybody else tried to ask Jack Hunter if he runs the page? Of course he didn't respond to me. Why not ask? If we want Rand to become the next president, then why not act to make a positive change?
    He is the admin of the facebook page or at least one of them. I have had a conversation about it with him.

Jack Hunter and Rare have just posted an article about diplomacy with Iran. This is a touchy subject best handled by Rand personally not a website attempting to get clicks to make money off of his name. Feel free to post reminding people this is not Rand Paul or affiliated with him and asking the page to post a reminder on every post that they are not Rand.

https://www.facebook.com/Rand2016/po...if_t=notify_me

Oh my gosh. Comparing people to Bin Laden. I'm attempting damage control.

https://www.facebook.com/Rand2016/posts/688019204646614

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Oh my gosh. Comparing people to Bin Laden. I'm attempting damage control.

The article is critical of Americans who defend torture. And you're attempting damage control? Against what?

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    The article is critical of Americans who defend torture. And you're attempting damage control? Against what?
    Against the literally dozens of people saying "Sorry Rand, you lost my vote."

Most people don't like themselves or other Americans compared to bin Laden, let alone by their presidential candidate (that is how it is perceived by them).

Wow I'm not surprised by the comments. I'm surprised at what a big $#@! Jack Hunter is for using Rand's name to get web traffic to make money for himself. Seriously Jack Hunter is doing more damage than any conspiracy theorist that Jack used to go after.

Go and tell people this isn't Rand comparing people to Osama Bin Laden.

I've just learned that Hunter has received sanction from Rand's staff to mislead the way he does. Absolutely unbelievable.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Someone thought giving Jack free reign was a good idea. Someone thought meeting with Sharpton and the MS GOP was a good idea.

And it wasn't Jesse Benton.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I've just learned that Hunter has received sanction from Rand's staff to mislead the way he does. Absolutely unbelievable.
    I honestly don't doubt this at all.
    Hunter "took one for the team" when he resigned from Rand's campaign. He's gotta continue to bilk the movement somehow, using the "Paul" name. This is how he can do so, unofficially.

I can't say that Rand has okayed Hunter in his current affairs, but I'm going to call his office and get to the bottom of this.

Slight correction-my source told me that when Jack used to run the official Rand Paul page (yes, he did) he was given free reign to talk in first person.

It appears he has NOT changed his habits since transitioning to his own Rand 2016 page, and it seems that Rand's staff has no objected to it.

As I demonstrated before in another thread, the Rand Paul 2016 page often outperforms both of Rand's official pages combined based on post reach.

Against the literally dozens of people saying "Sorry Rand, you lost my vote."

Most people don't like themselves or other Americans compared to bin Laden, let alone by their presidential candidate (that is how it is perceived by them).
    When they sanction and excuse torture, they become what they hate. It's a bitter pill to swallow.

I just came back from reading the comments on that Facebook page and I LOL'd. Rand cannot possibly make those people happy and make most of the people on this site happy at the same time. He would have to choose one or the other because those people sound more like Bush/Cheney leftovers than Ron Paul supporters. Why bother? They're going in Jeb's corner as soon as he announces.

So Jack Hunter is pissing off bigoted torture-mongers, is he? Well, then, good!

Bigoted torture-mongers deserve to be compared to Osama bin Laden.

No, wait ... actually, the comparison might be unfair - to Osama bin Laden ...

+rep to Jack Hunter - again.
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Quote Originally Posted by economics102 View Post
    Yeah, someone needs to stop this, they are actively undermining Rand's efforts with posts like the Bill Nye one.
    How? Bill Nye is a douche and most Republicans agree with creationism and an overwhelming majority support the idea that parents should be able to teach it to their children. Next you'll be saying that some article linking Rand Paul to auditing the Fed hurts Rand Paul because some people don't believe in auditing the Fed.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I just came back from reading the comments on that Facebook page and I LOL'd. Rand cannot possibly make those people happy and make most of the people on this site happy at the same time. He would have to choose one or the other because those people sound more like Bush/Cheney leftovers than Ron Paul supporters. Why bother? They're going in Jeb's corner as soon as he announces.
    The people butt hurt over criticizing Bill Nye won't vote republican period. They will vote Hillary guaranteed.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I gave this thread a 1 star. (Yeah, I admit it). It's totally stupid. Anyone who things that standing up for creationism when Rand is running in a REPUBLICAN primary is jack stupid. And anyone who agrees with idiots like Bill Nye that parents shouldn't teach their children their core beliefs isn't really a libertarian. I guess next someone will say parents shouldn't "indoctrinate" their kids that communism is bad and free markets are good? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    So Jack Hunter is pissing off bigoted torture-mongers, is he? Well, then, good!

Bigoted torture-mongers deserve to be compared to Osama bin Laden.

No, wait ... actually, the comparison might be unfair - to Osama bin Laden ...

+rep to Jack Hunter - again.
    Yep, if you support torture you are no better than Osama bin Laden. If you support torture, please kill yourself to make the world a better place. No one will be sad when you do so.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    most Republicans agree with creationism
    This sounded really hard to believe so I looked it up. Looks like Republicans are split about 50/50 on evolution. I thought it would be like 75/25.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast