Thread: McCain "open" to involuntary servitide

McCain "open" to involuntary servitide

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...rs_124662.html

In your view, should government bring back the military draft, or institute a compulsory public service requirement of some kind?

No, I wouldn't bring back the draft. But I do think we should come up with greater incentives to encourage national service in one capacity or another. And I'm open to the idea of making it compulsory, but haven't made up my mind finally on the subject.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am "open" to McCain being involuntarily removed from his position of power.

EDIT: I'm talking about being thrown out of the Senate here people, duh!
    Last edited by pessimist; 11-16-2014 at 12:43 AM.

i dare any politician to seriously push for this, maybe that's what it will take to finally wake this country up

We already had involuntary servitude in the form of a tax bailout because of McCain's Savings And Loan Scandal. Many thanks to the voters of Arizona!

Last edited by anaconda; 11-16-2014 at 01:42 AM.

Does any version of the equal rights amendment include females having to register for selective service at 18 like every male does?
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post

In your view, should government bring back the military draft, or institute a compulsory public service requirement of some kind?

No, I wouldn't bring back the draft. But I do think we should come up with greater incentives to encourage national service in one capacity or another. And I'm open to the idea of making it compulsory, but haven't made up my mind finally on the subject.
    public service is the worst idea ever that is basically nothing more than a cheep slave force that has no worth and you are wasting one year of peoples time.One year conscription for military training at a boot camp and a second year training while you are at home/college ( evening school and weekends ) would at least give the entire population basic military training.Not that you would ever need it because you are an enormous country separated by 2 oceans from any major power and border 2 states that are of no threat.An attack by see on the coastal USA is impossible you would need an armada.

A civil war or regions seceding is the only thing that is of any danger to the USA.
    Last edited by Demigod; 11-16-2014 at 04:55 AM.

The positive that would come from a draft is it would dramatically shift our blood thirsty population to a more peaceful one over night.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Sadly, it seems that anything that's good enough for the stinking warmongering IZraeli's is good enough for the stinking warmongering Republicrats! Btw, every aspect of 'government' involves some 'involuntary servitude'..don't you think?
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 11-16-2014 at 11:59 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm a weirdo that thinks we should push for a draft.

Rand should say "If the public wants never-ending wars fighting on Israel's behalf, we must have a draft. American men & women do not voluntarily sign up to defend Israel."
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    I'm a weirdo that thinks we should push for a draft.

Rand should say "If the public wants never-ending wars fighting on Israel's behalf, we must have a draft. American men & women do not voluntarily sign up to defend Israel."
    I do wonder what people would say if he worded it that way. But, I will never support any policy that leads me to prison. And I will not comply with the draft.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Most fascists are, McCain is no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post

I'm also open to eating the heads of dead kittens but I haven't made up my mind yet. For now I'll stick to dogs.

That's about as much sense as McCain makes. Why is this man even being interviewed? Let him play poker and talk about bombing people, in the comfort of his padded cell.

What. the. $#@!.

How a national service year can repair America

By Stan McChrystal November 14
    Stan McChrystal, a retired U.S. Army general and former commander of U.S. and international forces in Afghanistan, is chairman of the leadership council of the Franklin Project on national service at the Aspen Institute and co-founder of McChrystal Group.

This month Americans chose many new leaders, but they continue to have diminished faith in the system in which those leaders serve. Over the past few elections, American politics has produced a succession of dramatic victories and defeats but not a sense of common national purpose. Trust in government is near all-time lows, and social trust — trust in others — is lower among millennials than previous generations. (I don't see that as a bad thing)A change in elected leaders has not healed the divisions of our nation, because the problem runs deeper than politics.

The leaders we elect are not succeeding, in part because they reflect us. (No they don't) Just as they have grown less likely to cross the aisle to get things done, we as citizens have become less likely to have a sense of common identity or experience. Turnout for the recent election was the lowest for a midterm in more than 70 years. We are increasingly likely to live among, befriend and work with people with views and backgrounds similar to our own. We have sustained a series of wars for more than 13 years with less than 1 percent of the population serving in the military, creating a gap in experience and understanding between those who serve and those who do not. We lack common experiences that bind us as a people. We have lost our confidence in doing big things as a nation. What's he getting a here?

Citizenship is like a muscle that can atrophy from too little use; if we want to strengthen it, we need to exercise it. We need to support leaders who ask more of us and not those who simply promise us more. We need candidates who will cross the aisle in support of a big idea for renewed citizenship.

Two years from now, the United States needs to have an election — and a corresponding public campaign — that asks more from us as citizens. As someone who spent 34 years in the military, I have no interest in partisan politics. But informed by my service, I am concerned about a dangerous gap I see in American life: a gap of shared experience, common purpose and gratitude.

So today I’m calling on voters, donors and future candidates to work together to make a “service year” a common expectation and opportunity for all 18- to 28-year-old Americans. This would be an American version of universal national service — appropriately voluntary but socially expected. Through such service, young Americans from different income levels, races, ethnicities, political affiliations and religious beliefs could learn to work together to get things done. Such a project should be a defining issue of the 2016 election.

It is no longer enough for our politics to focus on what is comfortable and convenient; that will only encourage further cynicism and division. If we demand what is needed and what is right, we can reshape the political debate. Our country and our citizens have responded to this type of call before — including the generation of military men and women who volunteered after the 9/11 attacks, many of whom I was proud to command. Our nation has never preferred what is easy when it mattered most. Americans have tried, imperfectly at times, to embrace big goals and to make sacrifices on behalf of the future.

Many people already serve, whether in the State Department, in the military, in the Peace Corps or AmeriCorps, as elected officials, as teachers or firefighters, or in an array of other public-service positions. Demand for national service is high, with more than five times as many applications submitted for AmeriCorps positions as there are opportunities.

What we need is a system of national service that goes well beyond anything that exists today. Every young adult should be called to year-long service, whether as a tutor or mentor in one of our country’s 2.3 million classrooms, a conservation worker in one of our country’s national parks or wilderness areas , an aide to one of the 1.5 million Americans who require hospice care each year or in one of numerous other areas of high unmet need. Such service should provide a moderate stipend to ensure that people from any background could participate, count for some sort of course credit in college and be designed to help make it easier for a service member to get a job.

If candidates ask voters to support this big idea, I know that they will find millions who want to answer the call. Donors who insist their candidates support such an idea will be giving something big back to their country beyond their financial contributions. Voters who support such an idea will be electing candidates who ask them to move beyond an easy citizenship.

Imagine if, during the next election season, candidates at all levels competed to propose serious ideas for the civic transformation of America. Afterward, our newly elected leaders would possess a mandate to converge on a unique patch of common ground. And there is no better common ground than the common experience of serving our country.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...acc_story.html

Well since what he is proposing is voluntarily then go for it. Add in that there would be a small payment then it wouldn't be slavery. On top of that we might be able to get something rather then all the give-mes like yesteryears ccc.

This moron contradicts himself right out of the gate:

We are increasingly likely to live among, befriend and work with people with views and backgrounds similar to our own. ... We lack common experiences that bind us as a people. We have lost our confidence in doing big things as a nation.
    This would be an American version of universal national service — appropriately voluntary but socially expected.
    In other words, employers will either be penalized or provided tax benefits for hiring only qualified subservients or “proper citizens”.

It is no longer enough for our politics to focus on what is comfortable and convenient; that will only encourage further cynicism and division.

Oh really? So pitting society into those who have “served” and those who have not won’t? Idiot.

including the generation of military men and women who volunteered after the 9/11 attacks
    Wake up dude, 9/11 was instigated, covered-up, and then capitalized upon by the very government you have wasted 35-years of your life “serving” for.

Through such service, young Americans from different income levels, races, ethnicities, political affiliations and religious beliefs could learn to work together to get things done.
    We already have that through the national level it is call K-12 and it has been an abhorrent failure.

And there is no better common ground than the common experience of serving our country.
    Oh definitely, just ask all of those publicly employed who earn double or more the national median of income along with full benefits.

Finally, perhaps you and your brilliance would care to explain that when you call a VA Hospital the very first thing you here is a recorded message addressing suicidal feelings and depression? Yea, I thought not.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber