Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dating coach banned from several countries after internet feminist outrage over misogynist vid

Dating coach banned from several countries after internet feminist outrage over misogynist vid

Pickup artist Julien Blanc has been forced to leave Australia. Britain and Canada are also considering a ban

Is Julien Blanc the most hated man in the world? A series of online petitions against him suggest he might be.

Blanc, who describes himself as the “international leader in dating advice,” is a self-styled pickup artist (PUA) who travels around the U.S. and around the world, teaching seminars to men on how to meet and seduce women. On Nov. 6, Australia revoked Blanc’s visa before he held a seminar in Melbourne after an online Change.org petition argued he promoted “violence and emotional abuse against women.” The petition received thousands of signatures. After Blanc’s visa was revoked — and Victoria police confirmed that he had left the country — Australia’s Immigration Minister Scott Morrison explained the government’s position, saying, “This guy wasn’t putting forward political ideas, he was putting forward abuse that was derogatory to women and that’s just something, those are values abhorred in this country.”

But it seems like Australia’s not alone, as the backlash against Blanc has spread and petitions have cropped up to bar him from teaching seminars in the Japan, Canada, the U.K. and Brazil, among others.

PUAs have been around for years, selling themselves as dating gurus and charging men to attend seminars and conferences on learning the art of seduction. (For Blanc’s services, a course runs from $197 for 23 instructional videos to $497 for the videos and a ticket to a live event.) But while PUAs have always been controversial for their often sexist attitudes and demeaning views of human nature, Blanc seems to take the whole notion of the Game to an entirely different level. His now locked Twitter account includes statements like, “Dear girls, could you please save me the effort and roofie your own drink?”

Meanwhile, videos of his seminars show him advocating — and even demonstrating — his particular techniques which include grabbing women by the throat or forcing women’s heads into his crotch. “At least in Tokyo, if you’re a white male,” Blanc says in one video to a room full of rapt men, “you can do what you want. I’m just romping through the streets, just grabbing girls’ heads, just like, head, pfft on the d–k. Head, on the d–k, yelling, ‘Pikachu.’” As many of Blanc’s critics have pointed out, this doesn’t qualify as dating advice, it’s assault.

Sarah Green, spokesperson for the U.K.-based End Violence Against Women Coalition, told TIME in an email, “We hope the Home Office will look at all the evidence available about Julien Blanc’s activities and refuse him a visa. His so-called pickup coaching promotes behavior amounting to sexual harassment and sexual assault. His comments and abuse of Asian women are deeply racist.”

Blanc is just one instructor employed by the U.S.-based group Real Social Dynamics (RSD), which bills itself as the “World’s top dating coaching, self-actualization & social dynamics company” and holds seminars and “boot camps” around the world for men who are looking for advice on chatting up women. RSD has been around for years, but the widespread backlash against the group — and Blanc — is a recent phenomenon. (Neither Blanc nor RSD responded to TIME’s request for a comment.)

The backlash to Blanc gained momentum when Jenn Li, a Chinese-American woman living in Washington, D.C., came across the video of his lecture about Japanese women, which she found “horrifying.” Writing in the Independent, she described why she was inspired to start the hashtag #TakeDownJulienBlanc. “By perpetuating the idea that Asian women are a ‘free for all’ for predatory men, he is encouraging other pathetic men to abuse them.”

She also began posting the details about upcoming RSD events on Twitter and encouraging people to pressure the venues to cancel them, as well as sharing tweets and Facebook posts from Blanc, which she found offensive.

This week, her campaign has picked up steam. What’s more, other governments seem open to following the example from Down Under. Canada’s Citizen and Immigration Officer Chris Alexander responded to the Canadian Change.org petition on Twitter, posting:

1/ I see your tweets & am aware of #KeepJulienBlancOutofCanada. His content is completely counter to Canadian values and common decency.

— Chris Alexander (@MinChrisA) November 10, 2014

2/ My job is to ensure our imm system does not facilitate violence against anyone in Cda & ensure women are protected from all forms of such

3/ We are looking at all options and will consider using every tool at our disposal to protect the rule of law on Canadian soil.

Meanwhile, the U.K.’s petition has already garnered some 70,000 signatures and significant attention from the press. (Though there is a competing Change.org petition in the U.K., started by a Julian Noir, which advocates for the Home Office to not deny Blanc a visa, which the petition equates with “censorship,” it has received little attention in comparison.) When asked about the petition by TIME, the U.K.’s Home Office noted that they did not comment on individual cases, but added that Theresa May, Britain’s Home Secretary, “has the power to exclude an individual if she considers that his or her presence in the U.K. is not conducive to the public good.”

U.S. law enforcement sources said the case is considered a federal matter because it involves the dissemination of information via the Internet and involves foreign countries.

Burke said his group has received unconfirmed reports that Korean, Japanese and British authorities are investigating Blanc.

http://time.com/3578387/julien-blanc...cial-dynamics/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Example petition with 50,000 supporters:

https://ww w.change.org/p/liquid-web-inc-take-down-julien-blanc-and-rsd-s-seminars-and-web-content-takedownjulienblanc

Take Down Julien Blanc and RSD's Seminars and Web content #TakeDownJulienBlanc
    Jennifer Li
    Washington, District of Columbia, DC

HOTELS AND VENUES:

Please follow the Como Melbourne, Hilton Garden Inn Austin, Courtyard Seattle, Mercure Brisbane, and St. Kilda's examples and do not host any events at your hotel held by Real Social Dynamics.

Julien Blanc and his group, RSD (Real Social Dynamics) are a group of sexist and racist "pick up artists," who have made a living by teaching men how to violate women through physical and emotional abuse.

Do not associate your hotel's good name with a man who chokes women around the world as part of his pick up game. Please stand with the women of Australia, the women of America, and women everywhere, and do not host an event where men are being taught how to violate and harass women.

Here is a transcription of one of his videos, "White Male $#@!s Asian Women In Tokyo (And The Beautiful Methods To It)":

"At least in Tokyo, if you're a white male, you can do what you want. I'm just romping through the streets, just grabbing girls' heads, just like, head, pfft on the dick. Head, on the dick, yelling, 'pikachu,' with a pikachu shirt."

He is not just doing this in Tokyo. He is doing this all around the world. He is doing this in Denmark and Sydney. The female patrons at your hotel will likely be harassed by Julien Blanc and the men who are attending his seminar.

Please CANCEL Juline Blanc's event that is being held at your hotel.

Liquid Web:

Please follow Rackspace, Eventbrite and AWeber's leads and stop hosting RSD content. We hope that you will do the same. Liquidweb, we hope that you judge RSD's content, as we do, to be threatening and obscene. You are hosting content whereby these men are encouraging and teaching other men to choke, physically assault, and emotionally manipulate women.

Content
    All services provided by Liquid Web, Inc. are to be used for lawful purposes only. Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data or material in violation of any United States Federal, State or Local law is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, material we judge to be threatening or obscene, material that jeopardizes national security, or material protected by trade secret or other laws. The subscriber agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Liquid Web, Inc., from any claims resulting from the subscriber's use of Liquid Web's services which damages the subscriber or any other party.

That's pretty awesome when you think about it. Having thousands and thousands of women organize against you.

I don't think I ever had maybe one or two at a time organize against me.

"violate women through physical and emotional abuse" Imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    That's pretty awesome when you think about it. Having thousands and thousands of women organize against you.

I don't think I ever had maybe one or two at a time organize against me.

"violate women through physical and emotional abuse" Imagine that.
    Sounds like the perfect man to go to for pick up advice.

Here's his website, he seems like a douche.
    http://www.pimpingmygame.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

Quite an attrocious website... Something you'd see in the 2000's era. At least it is not comic sans and doesnt have gifs everywhere.

It works. I've seen quite a few youtube videos of guys who are not very attractive saying the most $#@!ed up $#@! to women they've just met at a bar or party or something and suddenly they start making out and get laid. Which is why I suck at girls.

I have a pretty close friend now who is actually a nice guy but he can be ruthless with girls, but he never has any problem getting laid.

As soon as you take them off the pedestal and treat them like $#@!, they are like "wtf, most guys are nice to me to try and sleep with me, why is this guy not treating me like he wants to $#@! me? I must want to $#@! him." And it's done.
    Last edited by dannno; 11-14-2014 at 05:31 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I think it is hilarious that all these women are going after this guy even though apparently deep down inside most want to be treated like that, otherwise they wouldn't $#@! guys who do.

The best way to defeat these guys are not to kick them out of your country, that's just dumb. The way to defeat them is to start $#@!ing nice guys. The PUAs will all start telling guys to be nice to women if they want to get laid. Some how I doubt that will happen, though.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It works.
    It doesn't work with me. I don't like jerks.

I've seen quite a few youtube videos of guys who are not very attractive saying the most $#@!ed up $#@! to women they've just met at a bar or party or something and suddenly they start making out and get laid.
    Saw it on Youtube? It must be real.

As soon as you take them off the pedestal and treat them like $#@!, they are like "wtf, most guys are nice to me to try and sleep with me, why is this guy not treating me like he wants to $#@! me? I must want to $#@! him." And it's done.
    When a guy treats me like $#@!, I assume he doesn't want to $#@! me and move on.

I don't speak for all girls but that's just my experience.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it is hilarious that all these women are going after this guy even though apparently deep down inside most want to be treated like that, otherwise they wouldn't $#@! guys who do.

The best way to defeat these guys are not to kick them out of your country, that's just dumb. The way to defeat them is to start $#@!ing nice guys. The PUAs will all start telling guys to be nice to women if they want to get laid. Some how I doubt that will happen, though.
    Seriously??? I can assure you that women do not want to be treated that way.

Saw it on Youtube? It must be real.
    It was real, trust me, my friend is obsessed with PUAs.. And he has no problem getting girls, using the same methods.

When a guy treats me like $#@!, I assume he doesn't want to $#@! me and move on.

I don't speak for all girls but that's just my experience.
    Well I'm sure you've read my next post by now, that's the whole point.

Seriously??? I can assure you that women do not want to be treated that way.
    Then why is it that the men who act like this are the most successful at getting laid? I see it all the time, have for a decade and a half. I can't just replicate it, there is a lot of calibrating and improv, plus I have a hard time saying mean things to people in general, especially girls, especially girls I'm attracted to.

Once again, if women want this to stop all they have to do is start sleeping with nice guys. Not just you, women in general. Guys will act nice again, guys will act pretty much however they need to in order to get laid, if they have the ability.
    Last edited by dannno; 11-14-2014 at 05:54 PM.

I didn't look at the site but your probably right. All the guys that were the best at meeting women seemed to be kind of slithery. One thing they all seemed to have in common was they would get in there and say something. Didn't make much difference what or how goofy it sounded overhearing it. They did have the guts to get a door open.

The thing is though you've got to be pretty careful in this day and age. You may get the door open and get pulled in before you realize what's going on.

Then again I sort of been thinking lately it might be nice to meet a women that had a garage I could have my way with. I realize it could be dangerous but I keep thinking "Garage",,,"Garage".

If I moved all of the stuff in my apartment into a garage the place would be empty. All I have is garage stuff.

Then why is it that the men who act like this are the most successful at getting laid? I see it all the time, have for a decade and a half. I can't just replicate it, there is a lot of calibrating and improv, plus I have a hard time saying mean things to people in general, especially girls, especially girls I'm attracted to.

Once again, if women want this to stop all they have to do is start sleeping with nice guys. Not just you, women in general. Guys will act nice again, guys will act pretty much however they need to in order to get laid, if they have the ability.

Then why is it that the men who act like this are the most successful at getting laid?
    I think it has less to do with being an $#@! and more to do with confidence. A guy that is willing to act like such a douche is going tend to emit more confidence than a "nice guy" who feels like he has to do something to impress a woman. And it is that which attracts (confidence) not the douchebaggery itself.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I think it has less to do with being an $#@! and more to do with confidence. A guy that is willing to act like such a douche is going tend to emit more confidence than a "nice guy" who feels like he has to do something to impress a woman. And it is that which attracts (confidence) not the douchebaggery itself.
    Confidence is fine but the crap this guy is spewing is blatant douchebaggery.

“you can do what you want. I’m just romping through the streets, just grabbing girls’ heads, just like, head, pfft on the d–k. Head, on the d–k, yelling, ‘Pikachu.’” As many of Blanc’s critics have pointed out, this doesn’t qualify as dating advice, it’s assault.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Ya but being a bit of an $#@! is what lets them know you don't have them on a pedestal. People want what they can't have, so this really turns them on.

The other thing is you keep them guessing - say outlandish $#@!, then revert back to sounding normal - they won't be able to peg you exactly and they will drive themselves nuts trying and this will keep their thoughts focused on you.

Not that I can pull any of this off myself, but I've seen it done over and over.
    Last edited by dannno; 11-14-2014 at 06:50 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ya but being a bit of an $#@! is what lets them know you don't have them on a pedestal.

The other thing is you keep them guessing - say outlandish $#@!, then revert back to sounding normal - they won't be able to peg you exactly and they will drive themselves nuts trying and this will keep their thoughts focused on you.
    Or they think you're a lunatic and move on.

I really wonder if people on here are aware of what they're defending sometimes. Skip to 2:30-ish to see this racist POS in action.
    Last edited by Rothbardian Girl; 11-14-2014 at 06:52 PM.
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Rothbardian Girl View Post

I really wonder if people on here are aware of what they're defending sometimes. Skip to 2:30-ish to see this racist POS in action.
    I'm not defending his actions at all, I act pretty much the exact opposite.. I just think it is hilarious that these are the people who are getting laid the most, thus encouraging the behavior. Sorry for being collectivist for a minute, but what are women thinking??

but what are women thinking??
    lol. You really believe all women like that $#@!?

EDIT: No interest in 'debating'. I just had to ask that question.

*exits thread*

Please point out to me where anybody here is defending this guy. TIA.

Where was this guy when I was younger?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

...but what are women thinking??
    Yup, he had a lot of success using Tinder:

Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by pessimist View Post
    lol. You really believe all women like that $#@!?

EDIT: No interest in 'debating'. I just had to ask that question.

*exits thread*
    No, I don't believe all women think like that.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yup, he had a lot of success using Tinder:
    I am extremely certain he had a lot of success using tinder.

It works. I've seen quite a few youtube videos of guys who are not very attractive saying the most $#@!ed up $#@! to women they've just met at a bar or party or something and suddenly they start making out and get laid. Which is why I suck at girls.

I have a pretty close friend now who is actually a nice guy but he can be ruthless with girls, but he never has any problem getting laid.

Dude... this sounds like something an 18 year old kid would say. You do know that normal adults do not interact like this.... right?

Also not interested in debating this, ....running away now

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Dude... this sounds like something an 18 year old kid would say. You do know that normal adults do not interact like this.... right?
    You're not interested in debating because you know you're wrong.

It definitely works for people in their teens, twenties and thirties. I haven't seen older people get a woman by neging but the only pick-up video I've seen of old people is "Bad Grandpa". There's a first for everything tho so who knows.

I am extremely certain he had a lot of success using tinder.
    I don't know anyone who would take him seriously based on those Tinder screencaps. The awkward just oozes off of him. That is the sort of thing that I would screenshot, show to my friends and either say "Look at this $#@!ing creep" or just laugh at, depending on the actual content. The fact that he endorsed that terrible "violence chart" on his Instagram suggests he's likely $#@!ing terrifying in person, possibly willing to go for the hair-grabbing thing or forceful hugging or kissing when he's rebuffed. You ask why these tactics are successful when there's an implicit threat of retaliation involved in this guy's pick-up "artistry?" Gee, I just don't know. Why is the government so successful at collecting tax revenue?

I think some women demand attention. When a man treats them like sh!t, it plays on their own ego.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

I don't know anyone who would take him seriously based on those Tinder screencaps. The awkward just oozes off of him. That is the sort of thing that I would screenshot, show to my friends and either say "Look at this $#@!ing creep" or just laugh at, depending on the actual content. The fact that he endorsed that terrible "violence chart" on his Instagram suggests he's likely $#@!ing terrifying in person, possibly willing to go for the hair-grabbing thing or forceful hugging or kissing when he's rebuffed. You ask why these tactics are successful when there's an implicit threat of retaliation involved in this guy's pick-up "artistry?" Gee, I just don't know. Why is the government so successful at collecting tax revenue?
    Actually I think you're completely wrong, he gets so much tail I doubt he ever uses any type of physical coercion to get sex. In fact he probably turns down sex all the time just because he can. If you can easily get 20 women to sleep with you in a day if you really try, this is pretty easy to do. I've seen these guys pick up women in public places, they are all over him after they say $#@!ed up things to them, I don't think this whole "implicit threat of violence" has any grounds at all on how he gets what he gets, at least in none of the cases I've witnessed.

As far as his tinder comments being all over the place, I explained that earlier. When a girl can't peg you and is trying to figure you out if you have her confused she can't stop focusing on you and that means you probably win if you play it right.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast