Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Elect a RPF Lobbyist to RAND2016 Campaign!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    This thread is silly... there will of course be volunteer coordinator(s) in place to interact with volunteers.
    Yes, and it is important for any volunteers from RPF who might be interfacing with the campaign, to actually be in touch with the sentiments of the rest of the RPF grassroots. Which is why we are having this discussion.

I'm on board with nominating GunnyFreedom
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gunny is the man. I don't know how much this idea will help, though. We will probably just get more frustrated now, when the campaign does stuff the grassroots does not like.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    After publicly trashing the Brannon campaign, I would bet serious money that this will never ever happen.
    Sure, because of course you will run to Rands people and whine about how I thought O'Neil did a terrible job, made several huge mistakes, and therefore I should not be involved. Only people who think Rothfeld and co are perfect should ever have a part of the echo-chamber.

You know, actual...smart...people prefer to surround themselves with people who disagree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Sure, because of course you will run to Rands people and whine about how I thought O'Neil did a terrible job, made several huge mistakes, and therefore I should not be involved. Only people who think Rothfeld and co are perfect should ever have a part of the echo-chamber.

You know, actual...smart...people prefer to surround themselves with people who disagree with them.
    No, that is not the problem (although I still consider your analysis of the issue to be flawed). The problem is that you did your complaining openly and publicly.

I take issue with how things are done sometimes too, but I don't air it out in public.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

No, that is not the problem (although I still consider your analysis of the issue to be flawed). The problem is that you did your complaining openly and publicly.

I take issue with how things are done sometimes too, but I don't air it out in public.
    It didn't matter, the campaign was over at that point.
    If anything, it should be done publicly, so that we can grow the movement and potential future candidates will know of the rot associated with some political organizations.

Yes, anything to assert your demigodness. After the campaign was completely over, the general had already started, and in a post-mortem thread on RPF's I detailed what went wrong. That's how you improve your future results and get on with the business of winning. It is the membership of THIS board whom I want to have the skills to win elections, therefore I shared strategic direction with the members of THIS board as to what was done wrong, what was done right, and what could be done better.

Would you rather the Ron Paul Liberty movement remain ignorant on how to win elections?

Of course you would. Because you are not what you seem.

Last time you threatened to go whining to Rand's people how terrible I was, did you ever go through with it? Do you need me to get you Rand's phone number so you can make good on your threat to go whining to him how terrible I am?

I think Matt and Glen, regardless of who is right (and I tend to agree with the latter on the NC race) , present a good argument for remaining anonymous on forums.

The problem is that you did your complaining openly and publicly.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Open and public debate?

"You're not supposed to talk about religion or politics to another."

That's what keeps us separate, divided, a people without a home.

Get it out in the public for discussion, debate, knowledge, understanding....leads to wisdom.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Gunny is the man. I don't know how much this idea will help, though. We will probably just get more frustrated now, when the campaign does stuff the grassroots does not like.
    It's not so much to get the campaign to do what the grassroots wants, it's more to make sure the campaign is aware of the sentiment and the ideas that are circulating in the grassroots, and also to generally improve the relationship between the grassroots and the campaign by demonstrating an effort. In terms of actually influencing what the campaign does, you are right it is unlikely to have much of an impact at all. Who knows. Maybe we can get Rand to scrap that blasted man over the hill singing.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    It's not so much to get the campaign to do what the grassroots wants, it's more to make sure the campaign is aware of the sentiment and the ideas that are circulating in the grassroots, and also to generally improve the relationship between the grassroots and the campaign by demonstrating an effort. In terms of actually influencing what the campaign does, you are right it is unlikely to have much of an impact at all. Who knows. Maybe we can get Rand to scrap that blasted man over the hill singing.
    I can't rep you right now.....good $#@!, like Farah Fawcetts hair.
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 11-14-2014 at 09:44 PM.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

I fully endorse Gunny for this position.

//
    Last edited by William Tell; 07-06-2018 at 09:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Gunny for sure...Collinz, yer fired.
    Last edited by Cap; 11-16-2014 at 06:39 AM.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Who knows? Maybe Rand is already on this forum anonymously. Maybe we should search past posts for overuse of "the interesting thing is" and "willy-nilly"
    Seriously, if this is the brainstorming phase, nobody should be passing judgment. That prevents the free flow of ideas. Throw everything on the table and then decide what's the best course to take.

This thread is silly... there will of course be volunteer coordinator(s) in place to interact with volunteers.
    Haha, off course, and it won't be you.

I think gunny is one of the best options. Deb K does not seem like she wants to do it.
    We do need some alternative just in case. I have been out of touch with the forum lately but why not Josh himself?

Quote Originally Posted by fatjohn View Post
    I have been out of touch with the forum lately but why not Josh himself?
    FYI, josh doesn't run the forum anymore, ownership was transferred to Bryan this year sometime. And he is doing a great job, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by fatjohn View Post
    I think gunny is one of the best options. Deb K does not seem like she wants to do it.
    We do need some alternative just in case. I have been out of touch with the forum lately but why not Josh himself?
    He has been even more out of touch with what used to be his forum than you have.

That said, Bryan would be an outstanding choice, if he doesn't have too much on his plate already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinnuhana View Post
    Who knows? Maybe Rand is already on this forum anonymously. Maybe we should search past posts for overuse of "the interesting thing is" and "willy-nilly"
    Seriously, if this is the brainstorming phase, nobody should be passing judgment. That prevents the free flow of ideas. Throw everything on the table and then decide what's the best course to take.
    forget that, just find one instance of "straight poop" and you've fingered him

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I would like to add Anti Federalist to my list of people from earlier as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    ROFL

Low value post, just for you
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

You know who else I would like to nominate? Occam's Banana. Did anyone already?

Gunny or Deb.

Not one dime to any campaign that hires collins or Benton.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post

Thank you! I very much appreciate the thought - but I must decline the honor.
    I'd be a terrible choice. I'm just too impatient, contrary and "extreme" ...

I'd be all like, "Audit the Fed? Ain't nobody got time for that! END the Fed! Do it! Do it naow!!"
    I'd just end up pissing off everybody at the Rand campaign and at least half the people here at RPFs ...
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Oh--good one, I'd second that.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Gunny!!

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I'd just end up pissing off everybody at the Rand campaign and at least half the people here at RPFs ...
    Maybe that's exactly what we need! Someone who won't just tell us what we want to hear. Who isn't afraid to upset us.

I agree w/ Gunny. Though hopefully he will be boots on the ground in N.C. I also agree with the banana, but, we can't very well make him do it. Not Teh Collinz. I'm with VegasPatriot that if he is involved in the campaign, in any capacity, I'm out.
    So, I'd have to go with the only person capable of partially being able to herd cats, Bryan.

I will second Bryan. Along the same lines (a non-divisive person able to straddle and calm conflicts), sailingaway could also be a candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I'm with VegasPatriot that if he is involved in the campaign, in any capacity, I'm out.
    Ya know, I think I might just take the time to write a letter to Randal this weekend stating the very same thing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast