Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Elect a RPF Lobbyist to RAND2016 Campaign!

Help Elect a RPF Lobbyist to RAND2016 Campaign!

Position:

Actively Lobby RAND2016 as Representive of the Members of RPF

Responsibilities:

TBD

Pay:

To work alone are you entitled, never its fruit; post a BTC address

We'll follow relatively informal "Roberts Rules of Parlimentary Procedure"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert%27s_Rules_of_Order
    http://www.rulesonline.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    I nominate Gunny from the floor.

He's shown himself to be true to the grassroots. He's won his own election. He's served in our military. He's served the public. He's been on multiple sides and I feel he would stand on principle.

Robert's Rules say I need a second.
    we have a second:

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You've got it.

And if Gunny decides to challenge Matt to a duel, I'll happily act as his second, too.

Lets keep this alive... any other nominees?

Poll: Parlimentary Action Liberty Bootcamp

Last edited by presence; 11-20-2014 at 04:02 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    DebK is also someone to be considered.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

I'll go if the interns are cute.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

ABD.

Anyone but Danke.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    DebK is also someone to be considered.
    I'll second that.

ABD.

Anyone but Danke.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Now, would Gunny and DebK please let us know if you are interested.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

I defer to Glen.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you, I just heard about this and I'm on the road. I am honored just to be considered, and I would be glad to carry and convey the thoughts of RPFs to Rand Paul's campaign. Assuming I do not end up working for his campaign in North Carolina. I am on the road right now, driving, and posting by voice to text. I will be able to post much more in about two hours.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I would be glad to carry and convey the thoughts of RPFs to Rand Paul's campaign.
    Well. As long as we're not overly selective when fishing in the pool of thoughts that are shared at RPF's. We do tend to throw some of those back into the pond if'n they aren't up to our personal standard. Is a natural phenomenon. Heh...
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 11-14-2014 at 01:31 PM.

ABD.

Anyone but Danke.
    ABDD? (Anyone but Danke and Dannno)
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    ABDD? (Anyone but Danke and Dannno)
    I have teh sadz.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I have teh sadz.
    ~hugz~

Thank you, I just heard about this and I'm on the road. I am honored just to be considered, and I would be glad to carry and convey the thoughts of RPFs to Rand Paul's campaign. Assuming I do not end up working for his campaign in North Carolina. I am on the road right now, driving, and posting by voice to text. I will be able to post much more in about two hours.

Any other nominations from the floor?
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

I'd prefer Gunny got some type of paying position with real responsibility with the campaign. But other than that, he's a great choice.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'd prefer Gunny got some type of paying position with real responsibility with the campaign. But other than that, he's a great choice.
    Same here. That's why I nominated him. There is nothing stopping the campaign from having a grassroots coordinator. I'm sure Gunny has contacts in all the states. Wouldn't that make him a great place to start?

The grassroots HAS to be organized this time.

And for the love of all things holy, if we're going to do the delegate route - PLEASE - make sure they have a solid leader in each state to pull it off! One that knows the rules for their state and preferably someone with lots of contacts across their state!
    Last edited by mosquitobite; 11-14-2014 at 03:25 PM.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Is this the first thread on the subject? It seems like people are talking as if it has been discussed before. Have Rand's people reached out on this?

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Is this the first thread on the subject? It seems like people are talking as if it has been discussed before. Have Rand's people reached out on this?
    Most discussions I recall seem to imply that Collins thinks he is the RPF liaison.

I do recall this idea coming up before the 2012 campaign. hopefully Randal's campaign is more open to suggestions and interaction from grassroots folk. Since I'm sure some of his people read rpfs on a regular basis maybe he'll hear about this. Hell, It'd be cool if Randal did an Ask Me Anything thread on rpfs some time soon; before a presidential campaign

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I do recall this idea coming up before the 2012 campaign. hopefully Randal's campaign is more open to suggestions and interaction from grassroots folk. Since I'm sure some of his people read rpfs on a regular basis maybe he'll hear about this. Hell, It'd be cool if Randal did an Ask Me Anything thread on rpfs some time soon; before a presidential campaign
    I don't want him to do an AMA here. You just know that certain people would be extremely rude and hateful to him. Maybe he could do a private AMA, where you have to apply to participate before the event so that his opponents wouldn't be included.

I don't want him to do an AMA here. You just know that certain people would be extremely rude and hateful to him. Maybe he could do a private AMA, where you have to apply to participate before the event so that his opponents wouldn't be included.
    Naw, I think the moderators here could handle it. In fact, I'd suggest he do an AMA and rpfs send out a notification email about it beforehand to all non-banned members. Maybe we could use it bring some of the old blood back.

He can handle it. It would be heavily monitored anyway, so that TOS would be enforced.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    He can handle it. It would be heavily monitored anyway, so that TOS would be enforced.
    I only have one question to ask of him in which I'd like a public, official postion. And I ain't tellin'.

Of course, everyone probably already knows it anyhow. It's not like I haven't brought it up like a gazillion times. Heh...
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 11-14-2014 at 04:09 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I nominate Conza!

I'd be fine with Gunny, too.

Assuming I do not end up working for his campaign in North Carolina.
    After publicly trashing the Brannon campaign, I would bet serious money that this will never ever happen.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

This thread is silly... there will of course be volunteer coordinator(s) in place to interact with volunteers.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    This thread is silly... there will of course be volunteer coordinator(s) in place to interact with volunteers.
    ROFL

Low value post, just for you
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Whoever it is should create a suggestion box (however they like, perhaps as an email address) and place it in their signature.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I nominate Gunny, Deb, or Penny Freeman.

Gunny is in an important state, and is close enough to where the headquarters is rumored to be located to drive over in a day if needed.
    Not sure where Deb is located, but I think Penny Freeman is in Texas, so that's a bit far from Kentucky and not really a potential swing state at this point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast