Thread: Public school indoctrination

Public school indoctrination

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

I hope the link works. If not, the synopsis is that my daughter (public school third grader) brought home this handout last week. The most offensive quotes are highlighted:

What is a citizen? If you were born in the United States, you are a citizen. That means you are a member of our country. Sometimes people who are not born here want to become citizens. They do this by asking the government to make them a citizen. This is called naturalization.

2 When you are a citizen you have rights. Rights are special privileges the government gives you. In our country, you have free speech. You are also given the right to choose a religion. In America, the press is free to tell you what is happening in the world. The Bill of Rights lists the freedoms given to citizens. These rights are very important. Many people in the world do not have freedoms like we do.

3 Because the government gives us rights, we have the duty to be good citizens. But, what does it mean to be a good citizen? How can you be a part of giving back for the freedom you have?

4 Being a good citizen means you show your love to your country. You can do this by being courteous to the symbols in America. Singing our National Anthem and respecting our flag are ways to show how much the United States means to you.

5 Being a good citizen also means obeying the laws in your community and school. Laws are made to help you and keep you safe. Obeying the law also shows your respect for others. You can also treat people with kindness. Being friendly to those who are different from you is also a part of being a good citizen. Perhaps there is someone new at school. One way to be a good citizen is to be welcoming to that person.

6 Good citizens take part in their community. They give to the poor. They help clean parks. They keep up to date on current events. Then they help whenever they can. It is also important to conserve our natural resources. Using energy wisely, treating animals fairly, and picking up trash all help to give back to our country.

7 Someday you will be given the right to vote. This is an honor. By using this right, you can take part in the government. Even now, you can find out about politics. Your parents and teachers are good sources of information. You can ask them how they feel about the government. You can also ask them questions about candidates in an election. Gathering information will help you make decisions when you can vote.

8 When you begin to work, you will have to pay taxes. Taxes help to run our country. Roads, schools, police forces, firefighters, and government workers are all paid from taxes.

9 Being a member of our country is a wonderful privilege. When you work to be a good citizen, everyone benefits.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We take these truths to be self-evident, that we are endowed by our Creator with inalienable rights. Among these inalienable rights is the right to consider the federal government our Creator, and to work hard enough to avoid being locked up like some 25% of the population and getting alienated from our inalienable rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Lost for words...AF, can you help me out here?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

What if the filthy indoctrinating progs built a public school and no one came?

Take her out and homeschool her or go private, because this Commie Core $#@! isn't going away, and that isn't even the worst of what she'll get in the 35 hours per week that she's in state custody.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

So if you google the author's name, it sounds like the Ohio Liberty Coalition already complained about this exact assignment over 5 years ago, and the author promised to change it. Perhaps(?) some kudos are due to the author, but obviously someone dropped the ball here...this assignment is from last week.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    So if you google the author's name, it sounds like the Ohio Liberty Coalition already complained about this exact assignment over 5 years ago, and the author promised to change it. Perhaps(?) some kudos are due to the author, but obviously someone dropped the ball here...this assignment is from last week.
    All that tells me is folks who give a $#@! about what their kids are taught come along about every five years in that area...

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

OMG that is just highly offensive! What the hell is wrong with these people?!?!

I hope you do not let this go, and that you complain and raise serious hell about this! FFS!! I am just incensed!!!!!!!!!
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Disgusting and very un-American.

It's as if the children's God-given substance is being nibbled right out of 'em
    by each of those loathsome, unconstitutional ideas.

Protect those children from that statist neo-Nazi crap.

Saw this story linked to on Strike the Root this morning:

http://www.strike-the-root.com/2nd-g...ights%E2%80%99

2nd Grader’s Homework Teaches ‘The Government GIVES Us Our Rights’
    Original article "And the government doesn’t just give us our rights, but the government specifically gives us 'special privileges called rights.'"

This is what eight-year-old kids are being taught in this country.

Wait, did I say taught? I meant being indoctrinated to blindly believe. They might as well exchange the word “citizen” in “being a good citizen” for “statist” or “fascist” or “communist.”

The only thing this sheet didn’t say was “Obey. Consume. Sleep.”

Not that it should even have to be said, but our rights are inalienable. Definition: unable to be taken away from or given away by the possessor. Why? Because they are inherent. Definition: existing in something as a permanent, essential, or characteristic attribute. The government is not in a position (although it is trying as hard as it’s tyrannical centralized little heart can) to grant or give rights which we already have. By the same token, those rights cannot be taken away by the government either.

You wouldn’t know it from this worksheet however. That’s the real message these kids are getting here. Because if the kids can be taught to believe the government gives them their rights, then would that same government not also be able to condition them that it can take their rights away as well?
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

If you send your kids to a government school, you have to be prepared for this. This is what they do.

I've heard people say that they can't afford private school. I don't buy it. If you care about your kids, it costs more to undo what the government schools are doing to them. Government schools are for people who don't care what kind of education their children are getting, or are to ignorant to know any better.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    same.. ummmmmmmmmmmmmm
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Saw this story linked to on Strike the Root this morning:

http://www.strike-the-root.com/2nd-g...ights%E2%80%99
    Thanks for sharing the pic. I am almost completely computer illiterate...I did figure out how to scan this in to Facebook at least. The green highlights are mine just before scanning it.

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Your daughter's worksheet made Eric Peters!

Cloverific Grade School Primer
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-School-Primer

First, contemplate the atrocious – borderline illiterate – construction of this instruction; the Cloverific short-bus cadences:

“That means you are a member of our country.”

“How can you be a part of giving back for the freedom you have?”

“Good citizens take part in their community… that you show love to your country.”

“Being a member of our country is a wonderful privilege.”

Gawd.
    [...]
    Remember: These documents are written by educators. Well, by government school apparatchiks. Manufacturers of future Clovers.

How is it that adults who’ve not yet learned to write coherently (let alone correctly) are in a position to “teach” children anything?

But, leaving aside the clear evidence of failure to master basic English sentence construction, there is the sinister undertow of the message itself:

“Rights are special privileges the government gives you.”

And which, being mere privileges, the government may also rescind at its pleasure. In one glib sentence, this document throws every precept of Western civilization in the woods. Your children are taught – told – that they have no rights. They’re merely permitted some things. For now. Subject to whatever restrictions and conditions the government – meaning, people who control the enforcement mechanisms of organized state violence – deem appropriate and acceptable.
    [...]
    The former – rights (and general insistence they be respected) is the one – the only – thing that can prevent all that by precluding all that. Which is precisely why the very concept of rights must the stamped out, most especially in the minds of the young.

“Laws are made to help you and keep you safe.”

At gunpoint.

And what if one prefers not to be “helped”? Nor to “help” others… at gunpoint? To be left alone – and to leave others alone?

Who gets to decide what’s “safe” – and by what right?

“Being a good citizen means obeying the law.”

Submit. Obey. Because obedience is the ultimate good.

Do not question.

Ever.

Thus: I don’t make the laws, I just enforce them. Or, as the saying attributed to a camp guard at Treblinka put it: Hier ist kein warum.

There is no why here.

Do as ordered. Or else.

There are additional injunctions about not merely the obligation to pay taxes but that children ought to look forward to the day when they are privileged to pay them.

Double gawd.

And they ask me why I drink… .
    --Albert J. Nock

That's just a taste of why it's called "government school". Your tax dollars at work, propagandizing and brainwashing your child.

Education vs. School – Why We Are Homeschooling Our Children
    https://www.theburningplatform.com/2...-our-children/

Now, I’ll be the first to admit that I’m no education expert. I don’t have a degree. The truth is I despised school and hated that everyone in my life thought that in order to be successful you had to get good grades. I loved education as a child, but it had nothing to do with school. My passion as a child was entrepreneurship and learning about money. So for myself, school was a 7-hour period that stopped me from learning.

This is true not just for me, but many other children who don’t embrace academics. My goal as a young father is to free my children from school so that they can learn more freely.

By offering up a freedom of education here at the house, using real life experiences, travel and the Internet, I feel that my children will have a significant advantage in life.

Honestly, I can’t believe that we have been convinced to happily send our toddlers to a government institution at such a young and impressionable age. Today this is normal, but I see this as anything but natural.

Recently, a documentary called Black Fish caused a lot of people to be upset with Sea World for separating young Orcas from their mothers. Yet in the U.S., we have made it the law that our young children be separated from their parents for 6 to 8 hours per day, keeping in mind a child is probably only awake for 14 hours a day.

How did we come to a state where over 50% of our child’s youth, Monday through Friday, is spent at a government facility with an adult you don’t know on a personal level? One who believes that they have the right to discipline your child, speak with authority, and teach plenty of unsupervised propaganda.

It doesn’t matter how well-intentioned the teachers are, it’s similar to the police. Most are good people, but it doesn’t excuse them from being agents of the system – enforcers of the state’s will on our lives.

While everyone should take their own circumstances into account when making such an important decision, after careful consideration, our decision is to homeschool.
    --Albert J. Nock

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Hier ist kein warum

*shrug*

Nur folgende bestellungen

I knew I had seen this dreck before.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Hier ist kein warum

*shrug*

Nur folgende bestellungen
    Bewegen Sie sich entlang, bewegen sich entlang! Hier ist nichts zu sehen! - Sturmführer Freundlich
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-22-2014 at 01:20 PM.

Kudos deserved = NONE. It was "changed" - but it wasn't really changed at all.

Some word games were played (and played poorly), but the essential meaning remained the same.

See Danke's post #5 in this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-School-Primer

Doesn't surprise me. Why would a government school teach you to defy government? Just like why would the Supreme Court rule against the same people that put them in power which the government?

Creating "good citizens"(so called) was an original primary goal and priority for the "public education"/"government school" systems.