Thread: Politico: Rand Paul gathering leaves little doubt on '16

Politico: Rand Paul gathering leaves little doubt on '16

Article here.

Over steak and ravioli at The Liaison hotel on Capitol Hill on Wednesday night, about 50 aides, advisers and supporters of Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) got pumped up for a presidential campaign they now believe is a 95 percent certainty. The senator introduced his wife, Kelley, and we're told a final check-in with his family is his last hoop before settling on a presidential campaign. Paul is still saying he'll decide this spring, with April the target for a fly-around announcement in the early states.

The campaign-to-be combines family loyalists who served Rand's father, former Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas), plus new talent, including tech wizards and social-media Svengalis. Look for a Senate-reelection announcement by Paul as soon as next week, after he returns to Kentucky from the Hill. He has lined up endorsements from state Republican leaders, and now will circle back to them. The campaigns will run in tandem. If Paul wins the GOP nomination, he might drop the Senate race.
    Last edited by Coolidge/Dawes '24; 11-14-2014 at 10:14 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would assume if Rand loses his senate seat, he can easily regain the seat later on in a later election right?

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    I would assume if Rand loses his senate seat, he can easily regain the seat later on in a later election right?
    I suppose, but there is no senate seat for grabs in Kentucky in 2018. The next one will be 2020 which is McConnell's seat (hopefully he will not run again...), but of course 2020 is also another presidential election.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    I suppose, but there is no senate seat for grabs in Kentucky in 2018. The next one will be 2020 which is McConnell's seat (hopefully he will not run again...), but of course 2020 is also another presidential election.
    That sucks... =|...... so this is a big risk then.