Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You don’t say: Rand Paul’s 2016 plans may not feature his father

You don’t say: Rand Paul’s 2016 plans may not feature his father

http://online.wsj.com/articles/rand-...her-1415753743

Quote Originally Posted by The Wall Street Journal
    Many Republicans Expect Ron Paul to Help Raise Money, Rally Libertarians

Many Republicans expect Ron Paul to remain on the edges of his son’s likely campaign, more visible online than in public, possibly helping to raise money and mobilize support in the libertarian community.

“The trick is for Rand to continue to get the best of both worlds—to capture his dad’s supporters who are so passionate, but also to show he is his own person with views and relationships in the mainstream of the Republican Party,” said Trey Grayson, who lost to Mr. Paul in the 2010 Republican Senate primary in Kentucky…

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron's role will be huge post-nomination.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

That's what I expect will happen.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Ron may appear in the wings, but I'm guessing based on what I know of the Mitt Romney campaign attack threat against Ron Paul in 2012, that Ron Paul will be very far away from Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Sad days when one needs to smuggle the Constitution into the White House, but that's what's called for. As things now stand, freedom and the rule of law can't command a majority
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Pro tip: if you search for paywall'ed articles from google and click through Google's link, you can read the full article. For example:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Rand...sm=93&ie=UTF-8

(If you're wondering "why?", it has to do with these sites trying to straddle the paywall business model while still complying with Google's rules that allow their content to be included in search results)

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    I honestly think the entire plan really had to only be discussed once in 07. Does Rand need Ron for advisers and such? No, Will Ron support him? Of course without a doubt, Does Ron need to be part of the campaign? Definitely not. Should Rand look for his father in a more active role after nomination? That will only be if this is a party unity ordeal or a "I'm purposely distancing myself from my father" kind of campaign. If it's a party unity ordeal it's only fair for his father to be in on it. To assume we will see zero Ron is a little naive at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

It will be Rand Paul's loss because while the sheep in the GOP rank and file may support him, no one draws out energy and enthusiasm like Ron Paul.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    It will be Rand Paul's loss because while the sheep in the GOP rank and file may support him, no one draws out energy and enthusiasm like Ron Paul.
    I guess you mean in the political realm but, there are probably hundreds, maybe thousands, in the entertainment industry that draw out more energy and enthusiasm than Ron Paul.

Even in the political realm; All the hype, sign waving, phone bombs, and "kids climbing in trees" does not get the votes. The fact is only certain liberties are popular among republicans and democrats.

The media will see to it that Ron plays a big role - trust me.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    The MSM, while generally anit-Christian, are giddy at the thought of bringing up the sins of the father.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Sad days when one needs to smuggle the Constitution into the White House, but that's what's called for. As things now stand, freedom and the rule of law can't command a majority

There's a campaign slogan if I've ever seen one:

RANDPAUL2016 - Smuggle the Constitution into the White House!

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

It really is just disgraceful, isn't it? No other politician is held to this standard. George W. Bush wasn't responsible for his father's awful presidency and lies ("no new taxes"). Mitt Romney was never asked about his Governor father's positions. Yet every word Ron Paul has ever said must be explained by Rand Paul, according to some loser journalists and know-nothing bloggers. It's nothing but a transparent attempt to attack him, because they really don't have much else that directly involves Rand Paul, rather than his family.
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 11-13-2014 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    The MSM, while generally anit-Christian, are giddy at the thought of bringing up the sins of the father.

XNN
    Dunno, Randal really smacked down that sunday show host that tried it with him a couple weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post

XNN
    What sins? It should be simple enough, right? Rand only has to say what his most vocal cheerleaders have been saying to me when I would get uncomfortable with something Rand did or said: tell them he's just like his Dad, there's only like 1% difference between them. That explanation worked to bring me back into the fold.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    What sins? It should be simple enough, right? Rand only has to say what his most vocal cheerleaders have been saying to me when I would get uncomfortable with something Rand did or said: tell them he's just like his Dad, there's only like 1% difference between them. That explanation worked to bring me back into the fold.
    Haha.

Ron Paul was interview a couple days ago on the The Independents and effectively laid it out when asked about Rand's seeming to be more hawkish of late. Ron said something to the effect of, "I don't talk about it. But that's strategy and I think there is a big difference between strategy and voting record."

I'm guessing Rand has already very politely asked Ron to temporarily gag himself to the extent the topic of conversation is Rand. Rand has plenty of practice not allowing interviewers to shift the focus to Ron. Of course, Ron won't stop spitting truth, he will just comply as far as it concerns anything that would directly effect Rand's campaign.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    It really is just disgraceful, isn't it? No other politician is held to this standard. George W. Bush wasn't responsible for his father's awful presidency and lies ("no new taxes"). Mitt Romney was never asked about his Governor father's positions. Yet every word Ron Paul has ever said must be explained by Rand Paul, according to some loser journalists and know-nothing bloggers. It's nothing but a transparent attempt to attack him, because they really don't have much else that directly involves Rand Paul, rather than his family.
    It is, but there's always that silver lining. Rand has been a good catalyst for some of Ron's message. The media had a lot invested in the assassination of Ron's character - not so much his message. It is why I believe a lot of the younger people were so receptive while some of the older folks were slow to come around. The younger folks typically bypass the mainstream media, and are ready to receive the message and process it on their own, without the stigma. I know Ron typically credited that to younger people being more open, which I agree is also correct, but the point being that Rand seems to be bridging the gaps between the message and its deliverer. <- this is not universal as I'm sure many can point out differences in Ron and Rand policies.

We already know that there are entities out there that have been doing dirt collection for the last year+ on Rand. I recall Tom Di at Misses talking about how he was a target for some dirt collection on Rand. We've seen a few outlets of this collection, but I know there's a weapons cache being built for Rand's run. Hopefully Rand can get enough momentum to gain the preferred candidate status, so all of the sheep are already looking towards him as an "electable candidate".

So we know some of the dirty tricks the media plays on behalf of the establishment. We'll see how effective they are against Rand.

Gulag Chief:

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    It really is just disgraceful, isn't it? No other politician is held to this standard. George W. Bush wasn't responsible for his father's awful presidency and lies ("no new taxes").
    Bush wasn't even held accountable for the ridiculous, drunken, drugged-out, lazy, manner in which he lived his own life through his 20s/30s.

We're trying to up-end things. That pisses people off. We're always going to catch more hell than people who straddle the acceptable lines.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    I guess you mean in the political realm but, there are probably hundreds, maybe thousands, in the entertainment industry that draw out more energy and enthusiasm than Ron Paul.

Even in the political realm; All the hype, sign waving, phone bombs, and "kids climbing in trees" does not get the votes. The fact is only certain liberties are popular among republicans and democrats.
    You would be correct if those "kids" stayed the same and never aged or grew up. It's 4 years later. The message has been spreading this entire time. The rEVOLution will be bigger in 2016 than it's ever been. It would be foolish for Rand Paul to distance himself from this movement his father created. hint... it will only get bigger -- besides, this article is from the Wall Street Journal. Why would anyone here agree with the opinions of the Wall Street Journal. They have been nothing but hostile to us.
    Last edited by twomp; 11-13-2014 at 01:38 PM.

Ron is virtually irrelevant. He should just enjoy the rest of his life. He's served this world well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Ron is virtually irrelevant. He should just enjoy the rest of his life. He's served this world well.
    He is MUCH more "relevant" than you or me or many of the message board warriors on these forums but way to act like you are so wise. Are you related to Matt Collins by any chance?

Wow, I couldn't disagree more. This is just the beginning.

Gulag Chief:

Wow, I couldn't disagree more. This is just the beginning.
    At the same time. Randal needs to run his OWN campaign/be his OWN man; not just be an extension or continuation of his father's campaigns. And I think his father would agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    At the same time. Randal needs to run his OWN campaign/be his OWN man; not just be an extension or continuation of his father's campaigns. And I think his father would agree with me.
    Agweed, but I will say that certain aspects of Ron's campaign could be incorporated here and there sporadically. But more than anything, I wan't this campaign to be like nothing anyone on this forum has experienced in as many ways as possible. Announcement, rollout, grassroots campaigning, mainstream messaging, PR, EVERYTHING. In that Politico article they mentioned a man who played a part in designing apps that one can use to play short campaign videos & have info to utilize as a door to door method for the candidate was at that meeting for Rand....RAND IS TRYING TO FLEX ON EM COME 2016!!!!
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Now this is true.

I would call an extension of Ron's campaign a sure loss, in terms of political strategy. Rand must continue demonstrating that he is his own man, because the media will be trying to show otherwise. I'm expecting "racism" and "like father like son" type attacks, but it will be interesting to me to see what other tactics are used against him.

Gulag Chief:

They should send Ron to campaign in NH, where he had a strong second place finish in 2012.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 11-15-2014 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whoisjohngalt View Post
    Haha.

Ron Paul was interview a couple days ago on the The Independents and effectively laid it out when asked about Rand's seeming to be more hawkish of late. Ron said something to the effect of, "I don't talk about it. But that's strategy and I think there is a big difference between strategy and voting record."

I'm guessing Rand has already very politely asked Ron to temporarily gag himself to the extent the topic of conversation is Rand. Rand has plenty of practice not allowing interviewers to shift the focus to Ron. Of course, Ron won't stop spitting truth, he will just comply as far as it concerns anything that would directly effect Rand's campaign.
    Huh, that's weird. Ron's probably just bein' nice or somethin'.

Its more fair to tie Rand and Ron together than other candidates with their fathers (Bush, Romney, etc.).

This will be the third presidential election in a row that a Paul will be running in. Ron ran, four years later he ran again, four years after that his son runs ... "are you picking up where your father left off" is a question that has entered everyone's minds.
    Anything controversial Ron has said has been said recently and in the context of running for president. So it isn't out of line to see where Rand agrees and disagrees.

However ... this is politics and is almost always conducted outside the rules of being fair.
    So his opponents and most of the media are going to the cherry pick the most controversial things Ron has ever said or wrote and bring it up in every sentence regarding Rand to brand him with Ron's positions, or people associated with Ron.

Ron cared little about politics and outside of keeping his congressional seat wasn't overly worried with political success. So he has a long list of friends who are controversial people and has said a lot of stuff that could have been said much more delicately or more polished.

I'm not judging. Ron is a hero of mine, my son's middle name is 'Paul' because of Ron.

I'm just pointing out that with all the positives Ron brings to the table there is also a negative side.

In my opinion Rand shouldn't worry much appeasing his father's supporters. It sucks but I think if he, for lack of a better term, took us for granted and sought out votes Ron didn't get he would have much better success in getting elected president.

As a side note: My personal opinion is that Ron would be best suited to help Rand GOTV with the youth. Doing college tours on Rand's behalf in battleground states the week of the election.

Quote Originally Posted by FriedChicken View Post

As a side note: My personal opinion is that Ron would be best suited to help Rand GOTV with the youth. Doing college tours on Rand's behalf in battleground states the week of the election.
    An official college tour all 50 states would be literally the best thing to ever happen in my life seeing how I have yet to ever see Ron speak live. If stretching it out to every YAL state convention straight though 2015 & 16 was possible he could also basically go across the country and ask those registered Republicans or open state primary voters to support Rand. He doesn't need to be at official campaign rallys with Rand, nor by him in his corner like he was once was for him. If this actually goes down (because I read about a 2015 college tour) it's gonna be a WRAP.

BOO!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast