Thread: Inside a liberal mind

Inside a liberal mind

This is making the rounds among the liberal/prog circuit, a peak into the minds of the clueless.

hxxp:www.liberalamerica.org/2014/11/10/canadian-slams-americans/

Transcribed:

Many of us Canadians are confused by the U.S. midterm elections. Consider, right now in America, corporate profits are at record highs, the country’s adding 200,000 jobs per month, unemployment is below 6%, U.S. gross national product growth is the best of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) countries. The dollar is at its strongest levels in years, the stock market is near record highs, gasoline prices are falling, there’s no inflation, interest rates are the lowest in 30 years, U.S. oil imports are declining, U.S. oil production is rapidly increasing, the deficit is rapidly declining, and the wealthy are still making astonishing amounts of money.

America is leading the world once again and respected internationally — in sharp contrast to the Bush years. Obama brought soldiers home from Iraq and killed Osama bin Laden.

So, Americans vote for the party that got you into the mess that Obama just dug you out of? This defies reason.

When you are done with Obama, could you send him our way?

Richard Brunt

Victoria, British Columbia

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL Yeah, it's the days of wine and $#@!ing roses, if one is dumb enough to believe the Bureau of Lies and Scams.

They're welcome to him, like yesterday.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

There's a looney left liberal sucker born every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    There's a looney left liberal sucker born every minute.

Aren't most people conservative though?

Disneyland is nice all year round too...

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

It appears that they really are willing to go down with the ship. Who wrote this drivel?

I am still inside a liberal mind. Liberty is an ongoing abstraction for me.

This one article represents "the liberal mind"? This is like saying a column from the Limbaugh Letter represents "the conservative mind". A little less stereotyping and sweeping generalizations and a lot more critical thought from y'all, plz. ~hugs~
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pessimist View Post
    Yes and that's the problem with using the word liberal and conservative. It's conservative to be liberal. Just look at the history of government power and how it grows. The "liberal" looks at it as progress and the "conservative" looks at it as conserving the nation if it makes $#@! easier for them at home or $#@!s over some foreigners.

Quote Originally Posted by pessimist View Post
    They think they are conservative but have little understanding of the concept. Paleoconservatism is predicated on humility and taking a long view on humanity.

Here's this guy again:

I have been overwhelmed and humbled by the response. People have tracked me down, and are phoning and e-mailing constantly — 99% is extremely positive.

Canadians, as you know, skew more left than Americans. Our prime minister is probably the most conservative we've ever had, yet he supports universal health care at low cost to the public, heavily subsidized post-secondary education and gun control. There is not really a far-right political faction up here that would be opposed to my words, unlike in America. Obama is loved in Canada.

What bothers me about all politics today is, everyone claims to have a monopoly on "the truth." But the credibility of sources varies so widely. People twist information to make new "facts," when the reality is not what they wish it was. I tried to use solid, verifiable facts in my letter, from credible sources. I hope I succeeded.

Ultimately, I hope my letter results in more people appreciating what a great president you have. In spite of being hamstrung by his opponents, he has led some pretty significant and positive change. Judging from the responses, quite a few agree with me.
    http://www.freep.com/story/opinion/r...dian/18917431/

Canadian liberals pretty much put party politics above taking a principled stance on anything and this guy is no exception.

If you use a progressive measuring stick to measure what this guy said, there are so many things wrong with what he said:

"corporate profits are at record highs" - I thought progs hate high corporate profits? Didn't Obama fail by the the prog standard?

"The dollar is at its strongest levels in years" - I thought progs believe in a weaker currency in order to attract manufacturing back to America? By that standard, didn't Obama fail again?

"the stock market is near record highs" - Again, same reason as what I said before about corporate profits.

"wealthy are still making astonishing amounts of money" -After all the class warfare rhetoric from the progs, they are pushing this talking point as a good thing?

"U.S. oil production is rapidly increasing" -Progs like the oil industry now? I wonder what he thinks of Keystone, which would benefit Canada and the U.S. Obama's own State Department and the EPA have said that there's no environmental impact with the pipeline yet Obama is stalling on that. Where's Richard on that one?

Instead of writing a letter full of left wing talking points, he should've just said "Obama is awesome, Democrats are awesome, vote Hilary 2016."

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_for_liberty View Post
    Here's this guy again:

http://www.freep.com/story/opinion/r...dian/18917431/

Canadian liberals pretty much put party politics above taking a principled stance on anything and this guy is no exception.

If you use a progressive measuring stick to measure what this guy said, there are so many things wrong with what he said:

"corporate profits are at record highs" - I thought progs hate high corporate profits? Didn't Obama fail by the the prog standard?

"The dollar is at its strongest levels in years" - I thought progs believe in a weaker currency in order to attract manufacturing back to America? By that standard, didn't Obama fail again?

"the stock market is near record highs" - Again, same reason as what I said before about corporate profits.

"wealthy are still making astonishing amounts of money" -After all the class warfare rhetoric from the progs, they are pushing this talking point as a good thing?

"U.S. oil production is rapidly increasing" -Progs like the oil industry now? I wonder what he thinks of Keystone, which would benefit Canada and the U.S. Obama's own State Department and the EPA have said that there's no environmental impact with the pipeline yet Obama is stalling on that. Where's Richard on that one?

Instead of writing a letter full of left wing talking points, he should've just said "Obama is awesome, Democrats are awesome, vote Hilary 2016."
    Verifiable facts? He actually stated that there is no inflation? what do you call this?

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    They think they are conservative but have little understanding of the concept. Paleoconservatism is predicated on humility and taking a long view on humanity.
    lulz
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    lulz
    Yeah humanity as long as they were born in the proper land mass. Otherwise, $#@! those foreigners for coming here to work.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Yeah humanity as long as they were born in the proper land mass. Otherwise, $#@! those foreigners for coming here to work.
    It's real simple. Don't infringe on my rights utilizing the government as a bludgeon. Statism is even more entrenched OUTSIDE the U.S. For some reason, 'foreigners' can't seem to keep their hands to themselves. I could care less what goes on beyond the borders of this country. It is none of my concern. I wish others would take a similar perspective..

It's real simple. Don't infringe on my rights utilizing the government as a bludgeon. For some reason, 'foreigners' can't seem to keep their hands to themselves. I could care less what goes on beyond the borders of this country. It is none of my concern. I wish others would take a similar perspective..
    Is this /sarcasm? (I hope so) I tested it with the sarc meter and it's erratic...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's BS. The letter is a paid advertisement. The letter is not "viral" at all. It's not some random letter from a miffed Canadian who was just oh-so-perplexed about the world around him.

It looks like our man-on-the-street, Canadian Richard Brunt, actually took his material from a former New Yorker by the name of Gene Miller ( http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/gene-miller/1b/5a5/bbb). More here:

The points made in the letter about the U.S. economy were originally written by Victoria's Gene Miller for a magazine, Brunt said.
    A Democratic group from Texas asked to use the letter as a paid advertisement. -
    http://www.timescolonist.com/victori...iral-1.1547550

And from the article posted by the OP:

This has gone completely viral over the last few days and it needs to.

Transcribed:
    Tiffany Willis is a fifth-generation Texan and the founder and editor-in-chief of Liberal America. An unapologetic member of the Christian Left, she has spent most of her career actively working with “the least of these” and disadvantaged and oppressed populations.

So, the "viral" editorial letter from some man-on-the-street Canadian is not really a happenstance event at all, but really a well thought-out and coordinated marketing campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Is this /sarcasm? (I hope so) I tested it with the sarc meter and it's erratic...
    They certainly aren't swimming across rivers and trekking across snake infested deserts for the rich cultural experience. [/s] There be gold in dem mailboxes. If we didn't live in such an state mandated environment of extortion, I could really care less who came here, but that's not the case.
    Last edited by AuH20; 11-12-2014 at 11:38 PM.

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

It's real simple. Don't infringe on my rights utilizing the government as a bludgeon.
    They don't need to. Your own countrymen did it and there is virtually nothing going to stop it. Stop blaming Mexicans for what US citizens voted for. Have you been equally critical of politicians that use public funds when they run for office? What about the military? Should you and I have to pay for the college education of some dimwit who chose to sign up for a war that is costing us? Of course not. They were born in this land mass and that makes it right.

Statism is even more entrenched OUTSIDE the U.S. For some reason, 'foreigners' can't seem to keep their hands to themselves. I could care less what goes on beyond the borders of this country. It is none of my concern. I wish others would take a similar perspective..
    Yeah of course you think that foreigners are stealing more from us than we are stealing from them. That's because you are stupid. We've experienced decades of wars over foreign resources and instead you are mad that Pedro wants to mow your yard or harvest your food for you.
    Last edited by fr33; 11-12-2014 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    They don't need to. Your own countrymen did it and there is virtually nothing going to stop it. Stop blaming Mexicans for what US citizens voted for. Have you been equally critical of politicians that use public funds when they run for office? What about the military? Should you and I have to pay for the college education of some dimwit who chose to sign up for a war that is costing us? Of course not. They were born in this land mass and that makes it right.
    The U.S. military has morphed into one gigantic welfare program. You won't get any objections from me. Secondly, why would I ever excuse domestic parasites from the same abominable behavior that foreigners practice? Parasites are parasites.

Yeah of course you think that foreigners are stealing more from us than we are stealing from them. That's because you are stupid. We've experienced decades of wars over foreign resources and you are mad that Pedro wants to mow your yard or harvest your food.
    What did I directly steal from them? Pray tell me, sir... From my perspective, I'm getting it from 3 directions. Once from the financial service industry and the corporate raiders. Secondly from the government bureaucracy and third from the huddled masses who see Americaploitation as the last meal ticket. I don't like gangs of thieves, no matter their income level.
    Last edited by AuH20; 11-13-2014 at 12:14 AM.

The U.S. military has morphed into one gigantic welfare program. You won't get any objections from me.
    But what about politicians receiving matching funds. Is it ok to say "oh that's the system and I'll support them" while bitching about immigrants and welfare?

What did I directly steal from them? Pray tell me, sir... From my perspective, I'm getting it from 3 directions. Once from the financial service industry and the corporate raiders. Two from the government bureaucracy and third from the huddled masses who see Americaploitation as the last meal ticket. I don't like thieves, no matter their income level.
    Well first off we stole some of their land(God I hate using "we"). That's kind of a big deal. I don't know how you react to such a thing but it pisses me off when it happens.

Then "we" decided to make a crop more easily grown in their homeland illegal, thus enabling mafias to use violence and $#@! anyone not involved in it over.

I don't know if you've noticed but places like the UK and the US are ground zero for welfare. Mexico didn't get the same treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_for_liberty View Post
    Here's this guy again:

People have tracked me down,...
    Really Richard? You write a simple editorial to a dinosaur publication like the Detroit Free Press and people are tracking you down? What's next, Richard--your own radio show?

and are phoning and e-mailing constantly

Really Richard? I didn't see your phone number or email anywhere. How does that work? People look you up in the phone book and just call you for a letter to the editor that thousands of people write every day?

...99% is extremely positive.
    Really now, Richard. This IS getting old. People love you so much that it amounts to 99%? That is quite fantastic.

Ultimately, I hope my letter results in more people appreciating what a great president you have.
    So Richard, do you ultimately have plans to take more ideas from others, write something, and then sell it again?

And by the way, Richard, how does a person living in a place like British Columbia happen to write an editorial to the Detroit Free Press? I'm sure you must have some type of Michigan connection. You must be a Canadian who has ties to Detroit. Right Richard?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post
    This is making the rounds among the liberal/prog circuit, a peak into the minds of the clueless.

hxxp:http://www.liberalamerica.org/2014/1...ams-americans/

Transcribed:

Many of us Canadians .....

You guys are over thinking this. For heaven's sakes - he's a Canadian. They're not quite right to begin with.

My in laws are Canadian. They love Obama. They don't understand why we don't have 100% govt run healthcare. They simply do not understand why anyone would want to try and prosper. They think hate speech should be an arrestable offense.