Thread: What would your Agenda be if you were Running for President or Other Offices?

What would your Agenda be if you were Running for President or Other Offices?

With Rand most probably running for the President I've been pondering what my campaign theme would be if I ran for office. My agenda would be restoring freedom. Being that I have no faith in Congress in passing any reduction in the size of the govt. I would create an army of rebels fighting for smaller govt by promising to Pardon anyone who wants to opt-out from pay federal income taxes, capital gains tax, FICA taxes, corporate income taxes if they promise to forgo any govt assistance (ie social security, medicare, welfare, education loans, housing assistance). Think about if you ask the average person what they would cut from the federal budget they would be hard press to come up with anything to cut but I've been conducting an experiment (although I admit not scientific at all) asking the person if they would be willing to cut the size of govt dramatically if they would no longer have to pay federal income, capital gains, FICA. When you give someone the option to opt-out they can find a lot of cut when they can keep their own money.

Here are the reasons I would justify pardoning people from paying taxes:

1. A person's right to property they earned should ALWAYS trump some elected officials right to vote to to take it away. A govt that is able to steal even 1/2% percent of someone's income or property violates the very definition of a free people.
    2. 98% of what the govt does violates the power given to it under the constitution.
    3. People should have the right to tell the govt to $#@! off whenever they want as long as their not committing a crime against someone else.
    4. No elected official should ever be able to put anyone into debt. Debt is a form of slavery.
    5. Elected officials that do not read the very bills they pass should never become law. If you have to obey the law the least they could do is read the damn things. This right here would cause 90% of the laws passed to be repealed.

Ok that is what I would run on.

I ask what would your agenda be.
    In 200 years the American people have replaced 1 dictator 3,000 miles away with 3,000 dictators 1 mile away.

It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.--Benjamin Franklin

No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe
    while our legislature is in session
    .--Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    a return to the gold standard.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

I'd pardon anyone who committed any "victimless crime" including anyone who defended himself from enforcement of a law against a "victimless crime".

That includes tax evasion.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

3. People should have the right to tell the govt to $#@! off whenever they want as long as their not committing a crime against someone else.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    people do have that "right" .. unless of course, the government says that they do not.

if corporations are people, why are governments not people too?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

What would your Agrenda be if you were Running for President or Other Offices?

FREEDOM!

There is no spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Total takeover of the world

Never go full agenda....

With Rand most probably running for the President I've been pondering what my campaign theme would be if I ran for office. My agenda would be restoring freedom.
    And you'd lose.

Badly.

You see, we are all in a tiny echo chamber of a decidedly minority opinion.

Most people do not want freedom and will actively fight against anyone trying to achieve it for themselves or for them.

People want three things:

To be fed.

To be entertained.

To boss around their fellow man just slightly more than they are being bossed around.

////
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-11-2014 at 10:24 PM.

Kick everybody out except me. I'm sort of anti social.

Mostly unwinding the Warfare state. We are never going to Westernize the $#@!ing Middle East. If we want their Oil just $#@!ing pay for it. If the terms of buying their Oil aren't agreeable, we just need to look elsewhere including domestically.

Stop trying to pick Winners and Losers in the economy. No business is To Big To Fail or in others words be propped up and making the rank & file pay for it. I'd adopt policies more like Iceland regarding reckless acts from executives in the financial sector and have them fined or jailed. Confiscated assets would be used to help victims of financial fraud. Also, something about the way companies traded on the stock market always seeking to maximize share prices no matter what it takes needs to be looked into or adjusted.

Nominate Ron Paul for Fed Chairman lolz.

Shrink or cancel many departments: Energy, Education, the FCC $#@!s.

A law that says Police can't possess weapons that civilians can't have. If the average person can't own it, it is banned from the armory.

Get government out of Marriage. Period.

Get government out of Religion through the Tax system. $#@! that $#@!. I want Religions to speak freely without concern of the IRS coming to penalize them.

End the Income Tax. I'm interested in alternatives like a Progressive Consumption Tax, but would consider other plans. I know around here many say there should be no taxes at all, but I'm not sure how else government would be funded. Maybe after the budget and debt is tackled, things could run on minimal Excise Taxes or something.
    Last edited by VIDEODROME; 11-11-2014 at 10:56 PM.

There would be an artificially introduced shortage of pink paper and high explosives...

-t

I'd run for governor of Tennessee. My campaign theme would be rerouting the Mississippi River around the east side of Memphis making it part of Arkansas.

I would then give the rest of west Tennessee that drains into the Mississippi river to the state of Mississippi.

Nashville and the rest of the plateau dwelling hipsters would join Kentucky.

After that, I would make a plea to the good, civilized folk of the Tennessee River Basin to secede from these United States and form a new country with clean water, energy (and meth? )being our primary export. Those numbnuts in and around Atlanta would buy the water up.

We would Incentivise building out a fiber plant all through the valley along with huge multi tenant datacenters and push to become the next Silicon Valley(except with power and water).

There would also be massive permaculture projects to improve agricultural diversity. Eco villages would be built to attract the California types to come and work.

Oh, wait, you said campaign theme... I guess I got carried away.

I forgot to mention that the water and energy exports would be used to fund a railway that would ride over the top and/or underneath the Tennessee River.
    Last edited by FunkBuddha; 11-12-2014 at 01:47 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Michigan should be 2 states.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And you'd lose.

Badly.

You see, we are all in a tiny echo chamber of a decidedly minority opinion.

Most people do not want freedom and will actively fight against anyone trying to achieve it for themselves or for them.

People want three things:

To be fed.

To be entertained.

To boss around their fellow man just slightly more than they are being bossed around.
    The reason I suggested allowing people to opt-out by Pardoning is I think you would have a lot of people who pay taxes want out. Less say you start out with 500,000 opting out, then 1 Million the next year, 4 Million the third year, and so forth. I believe that would grow dramatically as they see more people opt out should something like that really did happen. You'd then have a growing block of people who oppose having their money confiscated and would oppose large govt.

Sadly your probably right. Someone who openly proposes that idea would be demonized by the establishment.

How then do you suggest we take freedom back? I'm at a loss now and discouraged with the slow progress the liberty movement is making in getting into govt to shrink it.
    In 200 years the American people have replaced 1 dictator 3,000 miles away with 3,000 dictators 1 mile away.

It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.--Benjamin Franklin

No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe
    while our legislature is in session
    .--Benjamin Franklin

Who is funding my hypothetical run? Ask them.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care