Thread: Larry Pratt: Anti-Muslim Bigot

Larry Pratt: Anti-Muslim Bigot

Will Grigg:

Do Muslims Have the Right to Armed Self-Defense?

Is there a “Christian” equivalent of the much-discussed – and much-misrepresented – Muslim concept of “Taqiyya”?

As described by the compulsive mosque-baiters who compose one of the War Party’s most violent constituencies, “taqiyaa” is supposedly a mandate for Muslims to lie and practice deceit in the pursuit of global conquest. Thus any time Muslims condemn terrorism, or express a desire for peace, self-appointed “experts” on Islam, claiming privileged insight regarding the unspoken motives of others, dismiss such gestures as “taqiyya” to disguise an implacable desire to kill or subjugate all non-Muslims.

The actual Islamic teaching on the subject, according to Dr. Imad Enchassi, the Imam presiding over the Islamic Society of Greater Oklahoma City, came from an episode in Muhammad’s life in which he told “slaves in Arabia to conceal their faith so they wouldn’t be killed. It was a very brief ruling.”

This was akin to the dissimulation practiced by Abram (later Abraham) regarding the identity of his wife (Genesis 12:11-13), the deliberate deception by the Egyptian midwives to protect Hebrew infants targeted for government-mandated slaughter (Exodus 1:15-20), and Rahab’s use of the old “They went that-a-way” routine to conceal the Hebrew spies in Jericho (Joshua 2:1-7). All of that conduct falls short of the higher standard taught in the Sermon on the Mount, in which Jesus instructed those who follow Him that they should simply say “yes” or “no,” and neither misrepresent nor obfuscate the truth (Matt. 5:37).

Just as importantly, none of the examples above involve bearing false witness against someone, either for the purpose of gaining an illicit advantage, or accusing him of an offense. Because so many Americans who profess to be followers of Jesus insist on seeing Muslims — all Muslims — as irredeemable enemies, they pretend that is is permissible to lie about them. This would involve a much broader practice of “taqiyya” than that taught in the Muslim religion, and among those who embrace that practice, apparently, is Larry Pratt, head of Gun Owners of America (GOA).

In a radio interview several weeks ago, Pratt addressed the hideous murder at Vaughn Foods in Oklahoma, which was allegedly carried out by a violent ex-convict who briefly attended Dr. Enchassi’s congregation.

According to Pratt’s rendering of the incident, the assailant had heard “a Friday sermon — either that Friday or the Friday before” in which Dr. Enchassi supposedly “preached on how Muhammad says we have to behead the infidels. So the guy was acting on what he heard preached.”

In addition to being an accusation of a very serious crime, Pratt’s statement was a demonstrable lie.

All of Dr. Enchassi’s sermons are publicly available. None of them is an exhortation to violence. Nearly all of them enjoin respectful treatment of one’s neighbors, and forebearance in the face of provocation – themes that Mr. Pratt and other Christian critics of Islam should find familiar. Among the sermons he taught in the weeks prior to the murder at Vaughn Foods were messages entitled “How to be Abrahamic – Be Nice With Your Words”; “The Restorer, Compeller, and Consoler”; and a multi-part series “The Good, Bad, and Ugly,” which included “The Good: Acts of Kindness,” and “The Bad – Mistreating Your Neighbor.”

Pratt’s lies about Dr. Enchassi and his congregation were part of an interview in which he spoke of presenting an award to Jan Morgan, the owner of a gun range in Arkansas, who decided to make her business a “Muslim-free zone.” As the owner of that commercial property, Mrs. Morgan can exclude potential clients from it as she sees fit, for any reasons she considers suitable. Pratt’s award wouldn’t be issued in defense of property rights, but as a commendation for Morgan’s public rebuke of the “enemy.”

Does Larry Pratt believe that individual Muslims have the right to armed self-defense against aggression? If he does, he should say so candidly. If not, he should repudiate the claim that GOA is the only “no-compromise national gun rights organization.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I do not know Larry Pratt , or whoever , but this dates to around 765 AD . When one Caliph ( Sunni , if I recall ) was busy waging war on the others , but they were all "Arabs " . Since then, I imagine , it is all subject to whatever the Imam tells you is his ruling . I imagine after the " arabs" killing "arabs" it became more important during the Spanish Inquisition , but that was slightly before my time.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I imagine, It is all subject to whatever the Imam tells you is his ruling...
    Perhaps. Perhaps they are more discerning than the average "Christian" American who gets their marching orders from blasphemous churches and CNN/Fox News.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Perhaps. Perhaps they are more discerning than the average "Christian" American who gets their marching orders from blasphemous churches and CNN/Fox News.
    Hell, I cannot even watch the news anymore , I just watch stock tickers , commodity tickers , read Pacers box scores , watch a little football, shoot some rabbits , deer , split wood .....I am glad I was not there for the Inquisition . Myself , I will not renounce any of my beliefs and if someone wants to kill me for it , let the best man win. LOL , I do not intend to lose , but somewhere along the line I will , I imagine . No person should ever be deprived of the right to arm themselves against , in this world , what is only a matter of time to some persecution . The world has been killing one another much , much longer than even most educated men may guess . As much as I would like to stop it I cannot. In fact , it will likely go on , with much ignorance long after I am gone. I am happy enough to know that you will be here after I am gone to speak for all. I once had friends in many nations , most are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Hell, I cannot even watch the news anymore , I just watch stock tickers , commodity tickers , read Pacers box scores , watch a little football, shoot some rabbits , deer , split wood .....I am glad I was not there for the Inquisition . Myself , I will not renounce any of my beliefs and if someone wants to kill me for it , let the best man win. LOL , I do not intend to lose , but somewhere along the line I will , I imagine . No person should ever be deprived of the right to arm themselves against , in this world , what is only a matter of time to some persecution . The world has been killing one another much , much longer than even most educated men may guess . As much as I would like to stop it I cannot. In fact , it will likely go on , with much ignorance long after I am gone. I am happy enough to know that you will be here after I am gone to speak for all. I once had friends in many nations , most are gone.
    Despite what has been taught to us since time immemorial men haven't always been at each other's throats. Men have lived mostly in peace. But history is taught as a succession of wars--not the peace in between--and these wars have been led by manipulators and murders, the kings of old and their predecessors. I do not fear men per se but the rogues who lead them.

Wow...the leader of the GOA and a 2nd amendment activist (vvv) endorsing denying gun rights to a decent percentage of the population based on their religion, am I getting this straight? SMH...

Jan has co-hosted American Akbar, an international radio blog program with Counter-Terrorism expert Gadi Adelman, is a frequent guest commentator on The Armstrong Williams Show in Washington DC, and has appeared as a guest on Fox radio in Atlanta Georgia, and Conservative Talk radio in Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, Arkansas, California, Nevada, Illinois, and Arizona, as well as the America Family Radio in Mississippi. She is the first female to be keynote speaker for the Citizens Defense League Annual Rally in Arizona. Jan is an independent conservative, closely aligned with the Republican/Tea Party/Libertarian, and other Conservative based organizations nationally as well and is a sought after keynote speaker for those organizations.
    Read more at http://janmorganmedia.com/about/#eZG5tP8VuOIKG4z3.99

Does Larry Pratt believe that individual Muslims have the right to armed self-defense against aggression?
    I doubt it, considering the quote below.

So, in other words, this woman sincerely believes that being a Muslim means you are a killer, and therefore should not be taught to shoot a gun. The sad thing here is that she probably doesn’t think that there is anything at all wrong with this line of thinking. Perhaps even more disturbing is the fact that this isn’t just some random small town nut spouting off on a business website. Jan Morgan has ties to nationally recognized religious and gun rights organizations.(Unless you're Muslim) In fact, the director of Gun Owners of America, Larry Pratt, actually wants to give Jan Morgan an award for her anti- Muslim business policy. In an interview with radio personality Josh Bernstein, Pratt says that Morgan is, quote, “on very solid ground” with her idea to ban Muslims from her gun range. He is also reminded in the wake of Ms. Morgan’s controversy that he wants to give out an award from Gun Owners of America, and that Jan Morgan “ought to get it.” Pratt goes on to say:

I know there will be a lot of people that will be outraged at that, but we don’t facilitate murderers and if you read the Quran, it’s an instruction to go kill people, lots of them. And there are Muslims that don’t buy into that, well, how do I know which one you are?
    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/10...muslims-audio/

I dropped GOA when Pratt's unsavory politics started seeping in around the edges.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Wow...the leader of the GOA and a 2nd amendment activist (vvv) endorsing denying gun rights to a decent percentage of the population based on their religion, am I getting this straight? SMH...

That is ridiculous . Who is going to do the religious testing , some new religious police ?Full retard.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow...the leader of the GOA and a 2nd amendment activist (vvv) endorsing denying gun rights to a decent percentage of the population based on their religion, am I getting this straight? SMH

What right is he denying? I don't see where he says Muslims should be denied the right to own a gun. Just that a private business owner has the right to ban whomever they want from their property for whatever reason, even religious ones. I find his position on muslims misguided; but I happen agree with him on that point. The 2nd amendment doesn't say you have a right to use somebody elses gun range or receive training on how to shoot from anybody.

Link to the op?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Link to the op?
    Was in the OP.
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...-self-defense/
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Link to the op?
    The "untracked" link is
    http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conten...banned-muslims

I've met Larry a few times, and had some good conversations with him. Unfortunately some of the brush stroke's he's taken here are a little too broad for my taste. Just the same, the piece in the OP takes full advantage. The context of the discussion was the range owner who had decided to ban muslims, and that was what Larry was speaking towards. I doubt he intended to take an all out war against all muslims. Larry is still a very bright guy, but I think he might be getting a little up there. Just the same, it seems as though Erich will be carrying the torch anyway. I see more of Erich than I do of Larry, these days.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

It looks like Will Grigg's source for this was "Right Wing Watch". Not sure what that organization is all about.

They have the actual interview with Pratt:
    https://soundcloud.com/rightwingwatc...banned-muslims

I'll have to go ahead and disagree with Pratt about collectivizing all Muslims as potential terrorists. He does say that not all Muslims are like that, but asks "how can you tell"? That question would apply to any customer though. How do you know? What is interesting is that they talk about the case of the gun range, and it turns out that there were two suspicious customers that prompted her actions. So there was a reason that she might refuse service to those suspicious individuals. Now a blanket policy is somewhat misguided, but if she loses customers, it's her loss.

The talk about giving her an award sounded more like hyperbole.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    What right is he denying? I don't see where he says Muslims should be denied the right to own a gun.
    You're correct, none. A poor choice of words on my part. However, considering he gave her an award for denying Muslims in her establishment and his statement justifying the award, he's left me with the impression he doesn't really believe in gun rights for all.

Larry Pratt
    I know there will be a lot of people that will be outraged at that, but we don’t facilitate murderers and if you read the Quran, it’s an instruction to go kill people, lots of them. And there are Muslims that don’t buy into that, well, how do I know which one you are?
    "We don't facilitate murderers", who is "we"? GOA? Then he goes on to single out Muslims, no mention of Christians, Jews or murders of any other religion.

Just that a private business owner has the right to ban whomever they want from their property for whatever reason, even religious ones. I find his position on muslims misguided; but I happen agree with him on that point. The 2nd amendment doesn't say you have a right to use somebody elses gun range or receive training on how to shoot from anybody.

I agree with you there but that's not the point he makes. I have no problem with her denying access to her club to anyone for whatever reason but that's not why Larry Pratt gave her an award, he gave it to her for denying Muslims in her gun shop. I wonder if Mr. Pratt would be so eager to give an award to a Muslim gun shop that denied service to Christians? I seriously doubt it. As a matter of fact, I'd wager he'd call it a terrorist front. In my opinion, they're both $#@!s and based on their statements about Islam I don't believe these people really care about gun rights for everyone.

Frankly, I don't see how giving awards to $#@!s and statements like Larry Pratts do anything to advance gun rights. If anything, they only serve to stir up the ignorant masses (check out Jan Morgan's FB page) and turn off people, like me, who might be willing to throw them some money.

Like I said, just my opinion.

You're correct, none. A poor choice of words on my part. However, considering he gave her an award for denying Muslims in her establishment and his statement justifying the award, he's left me with the impression he doesn't really believe in gun rights for all.
    Was there an actual award? It sounded like Pratt was just using hyperbole, such as "I should give out an award".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Was there an actual award? It sounded like Pratt was just using hyperbole, such as "I should give out an award".
    I'm not sure but considering his views on Muslims, I don't doubt he's serious.

Either way, he's still an $#@!.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Larry Pratt has always been a conservative right winger who spews a lot of that horse$#@!. Still, his pro-gun organization is fantastic and worth supporting.

I'm impressed someone actually clarified the meaning of taqiyyah.

Many Muslim haters throw that term out purposely knowing any laymen would not recognize it, so any definition they construct of it could seem plausible.
    “I'm real, Ron, I'm real!” — Rick Santorum
    “Congratulations.” — Ron Paul¹

I have to wonder how this works. So this twit asks customers what their religion is? Or do Muslims walk in wearing a prayer cap? If she and Pratt believe Muslims will lie in order to further jihad, what's t stop some Muslim from saying "Hey! I'm a Christian!" long enough to buy a gun?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

nm
    Last edited by TaftFan; 11-13-2014 at 06:23 PM.

nm
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.