Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: If this is an advertising company...

  1. #1

    If this is an advertising company...

    Then why do we need to buy the blimp as well for $200,000? Shouldn't the company be providing the blimp and thus we are paying only for the advertising placement?

    I feel like the grassroots is funding this business venture that is going to go on to future projects that do not include Ron Paul with no return back.

    I want the blimp to fly of course, but I think people need to open their eyes as to what is happening before we all just jump into this thing.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Oh, we have to physically buy the blimp? That's for them to keep it and fund the future business for Trevor and Elijah then. So I guess we're investors now. Where's our dividends?

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight77 View Post
    Oh, we have to physically buy the blimp? That's for them to keep it and fund the future business for Trevor and Elijah then. So I guess we're investors now. Where's our dividends?
    This is what I'm thinking...

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RP4Pres2008 View Post
    Then why do we need to buy the blimp as well for $200,000? Shouldn't the company be providing the blimp and thus we are paying only for the advertising placement?

    I feel like the grassroots is funding this business venture that is going to go on to future projects that do not include Ron Paul with no return back.

    I want the blimp to fly of course, but I think people need to open their eyes as to what is happening before we all just jump into this thing.
    Someone else that has not bothered to read the past posts or the blimp web site. No one is buying any blimp, it cost more than $5 mil, they are renting it for$350,000/month with extras to help promote it. Try reading. If they try something we don't like they will get no more funding. Simple.

    .

  6. #5
    We're not buying a blimp. Blimps cost several million. We're renting a blimp--the time bought is to display the ads on the blimp, but in reality the costs are the blimp itself.

    Think of it like a billboard... you pay for the message on it, but really you're just renting use of the billboard for a certain time.

  7. #6
    So the ad space costs about 400k a month?

  8. #7
    Go to ronpaulblimp.com

    Read the whole website, then maybe post about the blimp
    Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Man from La Mancha View Post

    renting it for $350,000/month
    That looks like a big number. TOO big. You could BUY a blimp in about 12 months at that price.

    Why doesn't your company just get a biz loan, purchase a blimp, and donate the Blimp for the event.

    A previously owned one would work, cheaper than new.

    It'd be a GREAT way to promote your company, and support Dr Paul for no cost to the grassroots too.

    Win Win for both causes.
    Last edited by Mark; 12-04-2007 at 07:50 AM.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    That looks like a big number. TOO big. You could BUY a blimp in about 12 months at that price.

    Why doesn't your company just get a biz loan, purchase a blimp, and donate the Blimp for the event.

    A previously owned one would work, cheaper than new.

    It'd be a GREAT way to promote your company, and support Dr Paul for no cost to the grassroots too.

    Win Win for both causes.
    You still need people to pilot it, fuel it, a ground crew, etc. I highly doubt we have people willing to do that for free or are even capable of it on the forums seeing how they are specialized the jobs are.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Why doesn't your company just get a biz loan, purchase a blimp, and donate the Blimp for the event.
    There's no FHA for blimps. No downpayment assistance, no no-doc loans. Getting a loan for 5MM to buy a blimp would not be easy unless the business already had a customer base and regular income.

    Furthermore, just because you can earn $350K a month by renting out a blimp doesn't mean that there are ready and willing buyers for every single month.

    Frankly I don't think this 'business' really has any prosepcts after this blimp idea is done. We shouldn't be worried about helping to fund this 'business' because it's a political advertising company run by a bunch of people with no apparent experience in political advertising, toward the end of a campaign cycle. Is Romney gonna hire them to be a middle-man when he decides to float his own blimp? No way. This company will likely be grounded the same time that the blimp is. All this talk about $52K a year is silly b/c I don't personally believe this company will be around in a year.

    The company is a legal strategy so that we can all take part in getting this blimp in the air. Nothing else.

    Just my opinion.

  13. #11
    the best case senario is that the rp campaign takes off with the blimp on the 16th and the blimp is flying overhead the inauguration or president RON PAUL... right at 350K month :P
    let it be remembered that never again in the future of political campaigns will a candidate receive the same support, enthusiasm and donations UNLESS the message is about liberty, freedom, peace, and the constituion. accept no imitations

  14. #12
    This company has not done its job of getting the media behind the blimp to help the start up. IMO

  15. #13
    All the naysayers

    Well I guess you could get on board now that it's going up next week for sure

    Get off that fence and donate
    Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it.

  16. #14
    Wow, you guys sure are negative. I was a detractor from this blimp too, but seriously...

    Get a business loan? Looking for dividends?

    How about you don't contribute anymore? That isn't what this whole thing is about. This is about getting an honest man elected. If you care more about getting dividends then you ought to get off these forums now.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-30-2014, 08:29 PM
  2. Drug Company Disguised Advertising As Science
    By DamianTV in forum Health Freedom
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2012, 07:38 PM
  3. TV advertising
    By InTradePro in forum Fundraising Planning & Promotion Techniques
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 04:51 PM
  4. LOL who is advertising on the UG?
    By Teflon Master in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2007, 06:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •