Thread: Frist unoffical Rand v. Hilary debate occured on CNN...

Frist unoffical Rand v. Hilary debate occured on CNN...

and it wasn't good. I like Elise Jordan, but she didn't have very good retorts for talking points Lanny Davis was throwing at her. She stumbled, and allowed him to control the conversation.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol, like i trust the mainstream media to argue Rand talking points..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by pulp8721 View Post
    Frist unoffical Rand v. Hilary debate occured on CNN...
    I thought this thread was going to involve former Senate majority leader Bill Frist.

Yeah, she was on a roundtable discussion a few days ago too and she didn't do very well on that either -- she had a whole 1-2 minute monologue that was completely incoherent.

Glad she's on "Team Rand" though, I like her!

Yeah, go to congress and get authorization from whom? The guy who tables everything that's ever been submitted by a republican? Yeah, that'll work, Lanny (you who carried the water for Clinton when he was boning Lewinsky).
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    I thought this thread was going to involve former Senate majority leader Bill Frist.
    Heh, my first thought as well.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

I like her and I'm glad that she's team Rand but she isn't exactly the best representative for Rand's views. The other day she was on MSNBC and she stumbled all over her words and struggled to list Rand's points on foreign policy. Maybe she'll get better the more she works with Rand.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So according to the weasel, the president can wage indefinite warfare for undisclosed reasons without notifying congress and then of course hide behind executive privledge. From my understanding, he has 60 days to wage war only if there is an imminent threat and after 90 days he has to notify congress.

Quoting the act "this provides that the President can send U.S. armed forces into action abroad only by declaration of war by Congress, "statutory authorization," or in case of "a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces."

So what national emergency or attack did I miss?
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeman View Post
    I like her and I'm glad that she's team Rand but she isn't exactly the best representative for Rand's views. The other day she was on MSNBC and she stumbled all over her words and struggled to list Rand's points on foreign policy. Maybe she'll get better the more she works with Rand.
    Is there an echo?
    Last edited by economics102; 11-12-2014 at 12:48 AM.

I thought it would involve Bill Frist vs Toady

"We have allowed our Nation to be overtaxed, and over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. The Founders would be ashamed of us for what we're putting up with."

Never try to take the "politics" out of politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Yeah, go to congress and get authorization from whom? The guy who tables everything that's ever been submitted by a republican? Yeah, that'll work, Lanny (you who carried the water for Clinton when he was boning Lewinsky).
    Do members of Congress ever introduce resolutions to use force?

Exactly how did this person get to be a "foreign policy adviser?"

CNN should have had Mark Levin vs. Tom Woods.