Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesus and Mary Magdalene married and had two children?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I suppose that the validity of this claim, is dependent on the verification of authenticity of the materials and author.
    I am perplexed at the thought of people walking among us with the genes of Christ.

It makes perfect sense to me that Jesus and his followers would be concerned as to the welfare of Magdalene and the children. I mean, it makes sense that they would protect them from the enemies of the Lord doesn't it?
    Assuming of course that this is true.
    Last edited by navy-vet; 11-10-2014 at 12:38 PM.

The sketchy part is that it doesn't mention them directly, it is claimed to be some kind of code.

As the Washington Post noted, the text, known as the “Ecclesiastical History of Zacharias Rhetor,” was purchased in 1847 from an Egyptian monastery and brought to the British Museum. Scholars believed it to be insignificant, though Wilson and Jacobovic have apparently come to a very different conclusion.

The text, they claim, was written in a code of sorts. Rather than naming Jesus and Mary Magdalene directly, it focuses on a man named Joseph and his wife Aseneth, who, according to Wilson and Jacobovic, strike a resemblance to the aforementioned biblical characters
    Umkay?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I liked this comment from someone which makes sense to me:
    AND just for all those fundamentalist thumpers and atheist haters out there…
    THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THINKING JESUS WAS MARRIED!
    He was a 30 year old man for gawd sakes…men at the time period were married by 18-20 to 13-14 year old maidens… HELLO…Mary was 13-16 when she was betrothed to Joseph who was in his early 20′s..NOTHING CREEPY about it..just the CULTURE of the time because most people DIED by 40…
    and I will take the MATURITY of a young teen 2000 years ago over the adulthood and maturity of most late 20′s/early 30 somethings today…
    So..YES..we know that Jesus had brothers and sisters..Bible says so several times ( and I am a RCC and ADMIT this..it is biblical fact)..so what..doesn’t change the story of his Life and Ministry….
    Was Jesus married – MAYBE – also doesn’t change the story of his Life and Ministry…BIG DEAL if he was…historical context would suggest OF COURSE he was…and being the OLDEST child of Mary, she lived with him and his wife and children (if there were any – probably but there is NO text that speaks of this ANYWHERE specifically – only eluded to by pieces out of context by authors??? like Dan Brown..)

Does ANY true Christian think it would be out of his character to find a woman that was a sinner, forgive her, minister to her, and after she dedicated herself to following him, fall in Love with her and she with him?
    the whole Bride of Christ being the Church is a MARRIAGE METAPHOR!!
    He used them A LOT!!

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    I liked this comment from someone which makes sense to me:
    the whole Bride of Christ being the Church is a MARRIAGE METAPHOR!!
    He used them A LOT!!
    Well we had a long discussion earlier about whether or not the "this is my body and my blood" was metaphor or literal so.......

That said, it seems kind of odd that Christianity would be focused on Jesus and yet all the gospels ignored His physical progeny.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Umkay?
    Yeah, I agree that this isn't definitive proof...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    YouTube or it didn't happen.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

Ephesians 2:8-9-

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    YouTube or it didn't happen.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
    Or a google bomb.

No. This is a myth that is popular in Morminism. Remember, in Morminism, one cannot attain to the highest levels of godhood without having a family...so this is where they have to stuff this myth in.

//
    Last edited by dannno; 01-30-2015 at 02:57 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    //
    Yes it is. Several founding latter day saints believed Jesus was married, including Joseph Feilding Smith. Many latter day saints believe it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Yes it is. Several founding latter day saints believed Jesus was married, including Joseph Feilding Smith. Many latter day saints believe it today.
    Ya you're right, it has been mentioned but it is not part of the generally taught doctrine, it is just something that has been extrapolated by some church leaders. So I wouldn't say it is a "popular" myth within Mormonism.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Jesus could have married Mary when he was 16 or 17, Mary being 13 or 14.... Had a couple of kids which would be 12 or 13 by the time Jesus was 30 years old. He could have then retired from married life and taken sanyasa (renounced monk) as he began his ministry.

The gospels don't say much at all about Jesus' life prior to his ministry - so if he did have a family, I wouldn't expect to see that in there, either.

Me... I think he probably married Mary and had his kids after the crucifixion - but that might be just me.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 02-11-2015 at 06:58 AM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Jesus could have married Mary when he was 16 or 17, Mary being 13 or 14.... Had a couple of kids which would be 12 or 13 by the time Jesus was 30 years old. He could have then retired from married life and become sanyasa (renounced monk) as he began his ministry.

The gospels don't say much at all about Jesus' life prior to his ministry - so if did have a family, I wouldn't expect to see that in there, either.

Me... I think he probably married Mary and had his kids after the 'staged' resurrection - but that might be just me
    You think huh?

You think huh?
    Just because the resurrection was staged doesn't mean you are no longer a Christian, SF.

You can still embrace your faith and live a good, Christian life. Some might experience a "crisis of faith" but it doesn't have to be that way.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 02-06-2015 at 06:06 AM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

Just because the resurrection was staged doesn't mean you are is no longer a Christian, SF.

You can still embrace your faith and live a good, Christian life. Some might experience a "crisis of faith" but it doesn't have to be that way.
    The resurrection was staged? Source?

No. This is a myth that is popular in Morminism. Remember, in Morminism, one cannot attain to the highest levels of godhood without having a family...so this is where they have to stuff this myth in.
    True. There are also serious theological problems with the idea of Jesus having children, if you even think about it for half a second.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

The resurrection was staged? Source?
    "Jesus Lived in India: His Unknown Life Before And After the Crucifixion" by Holger Kersten

Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Lived-In.../dp/0143028294
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

"Jesus Lived in India: His Unknown Life Before And After the Crucifixion" by Holger Kersten

Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Lived-In.../dp/0143028294
    Since I'm not going read that book, could you explain to me how he came to that conclusion?

The Ring of Power video made an intriguing case that Jesus was a son of Mark Anthony and Cleopatra.

(the obnoxious music at the beginning is only for the first 18 seconds )...

Last edited by anaconda; 01-30-2015 at 09:55 PM.

Since I'm not going read that book, could you explain to me how he came to that conclusion?
    In the forward he writes he was enlightened by a flash of light on the road to Damascus.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    C'mon, Sola... read it. It's well-researched and very compelling. Even if half of it is bull$#@! it's still a lot to consider.

$8 bucks at Amazon - cheap. Heck, I'll buy you one if you promise you will read it. Just tell me where to ship it (you can PM me if you want)
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

There all kinds of wacky things coming out about Jesus in our postmodern secular world. I was hoping someone would offer an argument on the boards so everyone could see both sides of the argument. Any takers?

There all kinds of wacky things coming out about Jesus in our postmodern secular world.
    Lots more in the wacky ancient Christian world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_heresies
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Lots more in the wacky ancient Christian world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_heresies
    Yeah. There have been all kinds of unbiblical things that religious people have come up with over the years.

There all kinds of wacky things coming out about Jesus in our postmodern secular world. I was hoping someone would offer an argument on the boards so everyone could see both sides of the argument. Any takers?
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” - William Paley

It's a well-written piece of research - with footnotes.

Don't be a chicken.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” - William Paley

It's a well-written piece of research - with footnotes.

Don't be a chicken.

So I gather that you don't even know what's in the book. Do you?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast