Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Fake] Robert Plant Rips Up $800 Million Led Zeppelin Reunion Contract

[Fake] Robert Plant Rips Up $800 Million Led Zeppelin Reunion Contract

Damnnnn....I'm ashamed to admit what I would do for $800 million.

But this guy's not...
    (from the FB comments)

Andrew Dianiska <What the hell is he thinking? I'd climb up on a stage naked, sing the national anthem at the top of my lungs while goose-stepping and giving nazi salutes to the U.S. flag for $22 million per performance>
    No amount of money

can get Robert Plant to reunite with his Led Zeppelin bandmates.

The 66-year-old singer walked away from a 35-date tour that would have paid the rock group nearly $800 million — ripping up the contract in front of stunned promoters, the Mirror newspaper reported Sunday.

British tycoon Sir Richard Branson had planned to reunite the Stairway to Heaven rockers and promoters had even gotten the green light from the other band members.

The mega deal would have paid Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones roughly $300 million apiece, before taxes, according to The Mirror.

Group members lobbied hard for Plant to join in but he wouldn’t change his mind.

“They have tried to talk him round but there is no chance,” a source close to the group told the Mirror. “His mind is made up and that’s that.”

http://radio.foxnews.com/2014/11/09/...nion-contract/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Page said Plant would not .

No John Bonham.....No Led Zeppelin.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Didn't they re-unite a few years ago for a concert? And in the 90's Page and Plant put out an album together without John Paul Jones.

It's not like there's any major heartburn - it's just about doing a full tour. Plant's not interested; he's got other things going on. I applaud him for doing his own thing in spite of them throwing huge dollar signs at him.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Really, all that glitters [is] gold.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Are the Beatles still getting back together?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

he's been dazed and confused for so long

Page, Jason Bonham, John Paul Jones, and all they need is a comparable singer. $#@! Plant....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Are the Beatles still getting back together?
    Some may disagree with me, but there's a good chance that the Beatles will not.

Gulag Chief:

He could have bought a stairway to heaven with that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    Page, Jason Bonham, John Paul Jones, and all they need is a comparable singer. $#@! Plant....
    They already did that, too.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

This thread is tailor made for using Led Zeppelin lyrics.

guess I was the only one who noticed

They could get Lzzy Hale:

Lots of 'younger' rock singers out there.

Page IS Led Zeppelin...without him...no Led Zeppelin.

No Peter Grant, no reunion tours.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Andrew Dianiska <What the hell is he thinking? I'd climb up on a stage naked, sing the national anthem at the top of my lungs while goose-stepping and giving nazi salutes to the U.S. flag for $22 million per performance>

That's a small price to pay for that kind of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Plant's publicist denies this story:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/rober...n-800-million/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    They already did that, too.
    THATS IT! "Rod Stewart to be the front man of Led Zeppelin tour"

Robert Plant would be back, and I bet he'd work for free.

Nothing against my man Rod - different genera, that's all.

Gulag Chief:

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Can you break a 100 Trillion dollar bill?

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Interesting. I always thought it was John Paul Jones who didn't want to participate in any cash-in reunion tours.

Anyways, if they do happen to try to pull it off with another vocalist, my nomination would be Woody Leffel from Granicus:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwuQcqhY93M
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmPsnSmCXGE

I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Can you break a 100 Trillion dollar bill?

OK, you can keep the change then.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Plant doesn't seem to have aged as well as some of the others. Page looked quite regal at the Kennedy Center Honors a couple years back. Awsome version of "Stairway to Heaven" by Heart. They probably don't need the cash. (John Bonham's son on drums).

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-10-2014 at 03:36 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    well, crap apparently can't embed youtube with time jump.

I don't think his voice would be up for a tour, truthfully. As far as money, I don't think he lacks it.

Hrmmm, looks like I got some saving to do.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    Hrmmm, looks like I got some saving to do.

Don't try to pass off any of Zimbabwe currency on me either.

Don't try to pass off any of Zimbabwe currency on me either.
    How much do you charge to get you to admit what the $800 million theoretically buys?

I think I'd have to save up that part first
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    How much do you charge to get you to admit what the $800 million theoretically buys?

I think I'd have to save up that part first
    What I wouldn't do for $800 million:
    *murder

Honestly, I can't think of anything else. I figure $800 million will buy me a lot of magic mushrooms and I'll be alright.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast