Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Exposing Republicrat Monetary Ignorance For Dummies

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Exposing Republicrat Monetary Ignorance For Dummies

I have been a 'monetary realist' for years and I have been disgusted with the level of understanding of our stinking rotten money system by Republicrats, Greens, Independents, etc..yes even many 'libertarians' disgust me..

I thoroughly enjoy publicly exposing monetary ignoramuses and (s)election season is always a good time...Only one candidate for office showed up at the door this year (a Republican monetary ignoramus) and I cut him off quick: "Ok I'll vote for you if you can tell me what 'a bond' is and why the banksters are allowed to acquire them for nothing/free..."

The poor pitiful Republican monetary ignoramus gave me the same stooooooooopid, confused look I get virtually EVERY TIME I POSE THIS QUESTION...

Here's how I explain it to school-children...who unlike their brain-laundered Republicrat parents seem to easily understand:

Wimpy was famous for, 'Ill gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.'

Similarly, when the Republicrat politicians run out of money they authorize 'the treasury' to 'issue bonds' or 'promises to pay' some federal reserve notes tomorrow for some federal reserve notes today...(Republicrats ignorantly call them 'dollars'...not federal reserve notes)

So, for one example, when the treasury issues a 10 year, $10,000 treasury bond (promising to pay $10,000, 10 years from now) they hold an auction where you and I (most likely 'our broker') might bid, say $6,500 today for $10,000 'tomorrow'...(10 years from now)

Ok some of you are with me...but...What I want is for JUST ONE of these Republicrats to explain to me why 'the banksters' are allowed to acquire these bonds by utilizing an accounting fraud called 'deposit creation'..essentially they just type numbers into accounts the treasury, etc. bond issuing agencies, holds with these private banks..

In essence, they are bidding up the price of these bonds (lowering the effective interest rate dramatically) with counterfeit, in effect cheating regular folks, 401-k holders, etc. who must bid using only their hard-earned money..

How come not a public peep EVER from any of these stinking Republicrats about his fraud and the effect it has on all things 'economic?' i.e. our 'national debt,' distribution of 'wealth,' etc.

As one wag put it, 'These GD Republicrat fools FREQUENTLY have their cake-holes open about the illion 'dollar' economy absent an honest understanding of the origin and nature of even one stinking 'dollar'..

(the best book I've found on this fraud is "Out of Debt, Out of Danger" written some 70 years ago by the former Nixon-slimed congressman, Jerry Voorhis...he's one of the VERY VERY VERY VERY few Republicrats I've ever found who understood/understands this rather simple, yet hideous, fraud..how come so much ignorance about something so important, Republicrats?? )

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The Bankers own the Earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create deposits, and with the flick of a pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take it away from them, and all the fortunes like mine will disappear, and they ought to disappear, for this world would be a happier and better world to live in. But if you wish to remain slaves of the Bankers and pay for the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create deposits."

(attributed to Sir Josiah Stamp, President of the Bank of England in the 1920s)

Below is a comment I get alot..Everybody thinks they already know what they need to know about our poisonous, all encompassing monetary system..yet i'll bet you not one person here who supports any Republicans/Democrats can accurately describe with honest understanding what it is we use as money..how it is created (and destroyed) etc..in fact MANY people--when i catch them alone and candid--will look at me like i'm the GD fool when i ask them, 'how is money created?'..because in their minds, 'everyone knows the government prints the money'... ouch..these are the Republicrat walking dead zombies who every 2 years arise and congregate at their local prison precinct..(although some Republicrat zombies have figured out absentee voting)

"Pretty sure the folks here understand monetary policy and the current problems with the Federal Reserve. If anybody in the uiverse understands it, it's the people on these forums. You may be barking up a tree frog that turns out to be just gas."

Say, I've got an idea! Why don't you see for yourself if we've been having an adult conversation about the Fed for Lo, the last six or seven years...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search....rchid=13592908

That way you can actually join the conversation, instead of dragging it back to the beginning. Or you can decide to find shallower waters to swim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

acptulsa, maybe you can merely copy and paste the best thinking you can find that addresses my challenge:

"...i'll bet you not one person here who supports any Republicans/Democrats can accurately describe with honest understanding what it is we use as money..how it is created (and destroyed) etc.."

You realize that we have an two entire subforums dedicated to this and other related issues right?

Economy & Economic Policy

Politically based news on economics and the economy. Topics include Federal Reserve policy, congressional budgets, inflation, the deficit, bailouts, employment, the financial crisis and market impacts. For market theory, economic questions and educational economic material use the Austrian Economics / Economic Theory forum. For investing and personal financial matters use the Open Discussion forum.

Austrian Economics / Economic Theory

Study, analysis and discussion on Austrian school of thought and related economic theories. Topics include Austrian business cycle, sound money, fractional reserve banking, usury, Keynesian theory, Hayek and Mises. Also includes structural failures of the Federal Reserve System and other heretical economic topics.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Say, I've got an idea! Why don't you see for yourself if we've been having an adult conversation about the Fed for Lo, the last six or seven years...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search....rchid=13592908

That way you can actually join the conversation, instead of dragging it back to the beginning. Or you can decide to find shallower waters to swim.
    In my experience, the proud knowitalls are the ones covering for their own ignorance. This guy probably doesn't even know Hayek and Friedman much less folks like Von Mises.

respect is a 2 way street. You have to give some to get some. This Panqui guy is so disrespectful that even if he did have something valuable to contribute (doubtful at this point) the only one paying attention to him is going to be himself.

linked from this thread in 2009:

Thread: Crash Course: The Fed - Money Creation

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    In my experience, the proud knowitalls are the ones covering for their own ignorance. This guy probably doesn't even know Hayek and Friedman much less folks like Von Mises.

respect is a 2 way street. You have to give some to get some. This Panqui guy is so disrespectful that even if he did have something valuable to contribute (doubtful at this point) the only one paying attention to him is going to be himself.
    Yeah, when I put the dinner plate in front of him and he then demanded to be spoon fed, I pretty much figured he didn't even know enough to be able to ask the right question.

Which, you know, would be fine--several of us have helped such people out before--except it's much more pleasant when they aren't trying to cover up their own ignorance. Makes it much easier to figure out what they're trying to figure out.

It is difficult for Americans to come to grips with the fact that their total money supply is backed by nothing but debt, and it is even more mind boggling to visualize that, if everyone paid back all that was borrowed, there would be no money left in existence. That's right, there would be not one penny in circulation -- all coins and all paper currency would be returned to bank vaults -- and there would be not one dollar in anyone's checking account. In short, all money would disappear.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ey-Out-of-Debt

There is nothing more central to "General Politics" than our stinking money system..i checked your sub-forums and found no answer/discussion there satisfying my simple, direct challenge: again..

i'll bet you not one person here who supports any Republicans/Democrats can accurately describe with honest understanding what it is we use as money..how it is created (and destroyed) etc..

btw, you've already spent more effort than a knowledgeable monetary realist would need to successfully satisfy my challenge..(too much monetary theory, not near-enough monetary reality!)

Quote Originally Posted by H. E. Panqui View Post
    There is nothing more central to "General Politics" than our stinking money system
    Its wonderful that you feel that way... but we prefer to classify these things so they are easier to find later. Your assertion basically inquires what "open market operations" are.

Open Market Operations

What happens is the US Treasury borrows money by issuing a glorified IOU called a Treasury Bond. It's a piece of paper with fancy designs around the edges and a few signatures and it basically says "give us X amount of money and we'll pay you that amount back plus interest." The trick is that you and I, the American people, are responsible for the payment of the bond plus interest because our government claims to represent us. This is the national debt. A Treasury Bond is basically a promise to tax the American people for the amount of the bond plus interest. This is what your tax dollars are actually go toward: paying interest on our national debt (which is over $17 trillion dollars and growing).

But you and I don't pay each other in Treasury Bonds. Where does the actual money come in? Actually, by issuing the Treasury Bond, the government has basically created cash; it just doesn't look like cash. Yet. That's where The Fed comes in. To start the process, the US Treasury takes the bond it just issued and holds a bond auction among the world's largest banks. The banks buy part of our national debt (Treasury Bonds) hoping to make money off the interest payments (your taxes), and the government gets the money it needs to pay for whatever crap (guns and butter).

These banks then give the bond to the Fed, which then writes a check on itself for the amount of the bond. The Federal Reserve gives these checks back to the banks, and the banks use them to buy more Treasury Bonds so the government can keep spending on more crap. Once the government gets the money, it spends it, sending out checks to its employees, welfare beneficiaries, political allies, etc., dispersing throughout society and eventually winding up deposited in private bank accounts like yours and mine.

Here's the twist: the Fed doesn't actually have any money to pay for the bonds: its account balance is exactly zero. However, simply by writing out a fraudulent check, the Federal Reserve is creating money out of nothing. While you and I slave away our whole lives for money (and give the Dollar its only value by doing so), the Fed can just counterfeit it. If you or I attempted this, we'd be put in jail for fraud.

This is also where we get into the second way the Fed creates money:
    Thread: The Federal Reserve: The Skeleton Key Of Tyranny

Thread: What exactly does 'monetizing' the debt mean?

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    It means they are creating new dollars and thereby stealing part of the value of all existing dollars, since there are no more goods and services created by the act of printing. Result of this is inflation, it takes more dollars to buy something since each dollar has less value.

"Monetization" of debt is just a word for the intentionally deceptive and lossy process of selling Treasury debt to primary dealers, and having the Fed buy those bonds back, and this process exists for exactly one purpose, which is so they can say that they're not printing money to cover the deficit. They are, but this process introduces two intervening steps which they pretend actually matters to the end result.

When the Fed buys USG debt this is printing money because the Fed doesn't need actual cash, they can create new money simply by altering the balance on an account. So they alter the balance of an account with enough new money to buy the debt, and the government takes the new cash thus generated to cover its deficit spending so its checks don't bounce.

Which begs the question...--if you guys truly understand our money system (doubtful) then you must understand there is no 'free market'..the whole stinking thing is rigged..you are a slave....etc. ad nauseam...

??When have any of your stinking Republicrat politicians given this mo$t important of issues any honest scrutiny?...your Gd fools spend all their time yacking about deficits, trade deals, minimum wage, taxation, etc. ad GD nauseam!!..NEVER STRIKING THE ROOT$...

Your Rand Paul has uttered and written a lot of words in public...WHAT ARE HIS BEST WORDS REGARDING THIS MISERABLE FRAUD!!?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thread: Economics 101: Without the BS

Okay, I've seen enough chain letters discussing the cause of our economic woes, and they're all incorrect, so I figured it was time to write one that addressed the real issues. I've written this in plain English and have taken out any technical mumbo-jumbo so people will be able to understand it clearly. So, even though I will be leaving out some details everything in this message will be fundamentally true.

Okay, if you want to understand the problem we have with money in this country, you're going to have to understand 3 things:

1. Who makes our money.
    2. How money comes into existence.
    3. Inflation is nothing but a tax.

Let's tackle the first part:

PART I - Who Makes Our Money?
    Here are 2 different $100 Bills. One has a red seal, the other a green seal.

Notice the top of this bill. It says United States Note. That means it is a note issued by the United States.

Now notice the top of this bill. It says Federal Reserve Note. That means it is a note issued by the Federal Reserve. It is NOT issued by the United States at all.

Well, who is the Federal Reserve? Aren't they part of the government you might ask? The answer to that is no. The Federal Reserve is a private company, just like Federal Express. And it is no more federal than Federal Express is.

Now both of these $100 Bills cost 4 cents to produce. In the old days the govt would simply print up a red seal $100 United States Note for 4 cents and spend the money on something it wanted. Not anymore. Today, the Federal Reserve gets to produce the $100 Bill for 4 cents and then sells the $100 Federal Reserve Note to the US Government for $100 Face Amount.

That bears repeating. The Federal Reserve (a private company) gets to produce slips of paper for 4 cents ($100 Bills) and then sells those pieces of paper to the US Govt for $100 Face Amount.

Now since the government doesn't have any money of its own how does it buy these Federal Reserve Notes? It pays for them with debt: Treasury Bonds, Treasury Notes, & Treasury Bills. If you read the paper or listen to the nightly news you'll hear the media say things like "The Fed injected liquidity into the markets..." or "The Fed is buying government securities..." All this means is that the Federal Reserve is literally creating money out of thin air and then selling this money to our government for its face amount. This is the true source of our National debt, and this is the reason our debt never goes down.

Wow.

Sticky for the newcomers?

Yikes! Presence, your first mistake is thinking about 'money'/dollars as the little green rectangles with images of dead republicrats emblazoned..as you may or may not know, the VAST majority of 'dollars' are nothing more that numbers in some bank ledger in some computer!.. but you can be forgiven...after all nobody has ever honestly talked about this HUGE STINKING fraud 'publicly'...have they?..(RP maybe did his best but he was QUICKLY squelched..)
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 11-10-2014 at 08:40 AM.

[/COLOR][/B]btw, you've already spent more effort than a knowledgeable monetary realist would need to successfully satisfy my challenge..(too much monetary theory, not near-enough monetary reality!)
    Yes, yes--if we don't answer your incredibly vague question with the very specific answer you claim to be fishing for, we're idiots. Blah blah blah.

Your Rand Paul has uttered and written a lot of words in public...WHAT ARE HIS BEST WORDS REGARDING THIS MISERABLE FRAUD!!?
    Our Rand Paul wants to get elected, and is swimming in the shallow water so the voters won't be afraid to jump in with him. Since several of us learned a thousand times more about this subject than 90% of Americans know from the man's father, however, we all assume Rand not only learned it but learned it with his Lucky Charms and Frosted Flakes.

As to our own efforts to educate, well, I'm proud to say they tend not to be as prickly as your own.

I think what the newcomer to this discussion has the most trouble understanding is the dollar is not a dollar--it's a nickel.

What do I mean? Well, my old man got out of the Army Air Corps after WWII and got himself a good job paying a dollar an hour. How is that a good job? Easy--it was 1946 and the dollar was still a dollar. As in, when he wanted a Pepsi he paid a nickel for it--now it costs a dollar. When he wanted to ride a bus, he put seven cents in the meter, or a nickel and a half--now it costs a buck and a half. When he wanted to sit down and have a cup of regular old coffee, he paid a dime, or two nickels--now it costs two bucks. When he put gas in the car (it was always cheap in Oklahoma), he paid 14.9 cents per gallon, or three nickles--now it costs three bucks. When he was hungry for lunch, he bought a deluxe double hamburger with all the trimmings for a silver quarter, or five nickles--now it costs five bucks. When he wanted to go to a movie, he paid thirty-five cents or seven nickles--now it costs seven bucks. And when he shopped for a new top of the line Dodge Custom with heater and radio and other options, it would set him back two grand, or forty thousand nickles--now it costs forty thousand dollars.

The Pepsi isn't any wetter, the gas doesn't burn any brighter, the double burger isn't any more filling, and the movie doesn't last any longer today (with no newsreel, serial and cartoon, it actually doesn't last as long). So, there's only one explanation. The dollar is no longer worth a dollar. The dollar is worth a nickel. Period.

Why do you think all the five and ten cent stores have been replaced with dollar stores?
    Yikes! Presence, your first mistake is thinking about 'money'/dollars as the little green rectangles with images of dead republicrats emblazoned..as you may or may not know, most/all 'dollars' are nothing more that numbers in some bank ledger in some computer!.. but you can be forgiven...after all nobody has really ever talked about any of this HUGE STINKING fraud 'publicly'...have they?..
    Yikes! presence, you go to the trouble to spoon feed the troll a little starter course and he assumes that's the whole sum total of your knowledge on the subject! He doesn't even ask you for your estimate of how many of the FRNs in circulation are intaglio printed and how many are purely electrons before he starts calling you an idiot!

He's pretty damned desperate to build up his ego to resort to a dirty trick like that, isn't he? Well, nice try, even if all you proved is that nice guys always finish last with ego-stroking trolls.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 11-10-2014 at 08:41 AM.

The OP is an expert at making friends and influencing people.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    The OP is an expert at making friends and influencing people.
    Yikes!

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Yikes! Presence, your first mistake is thinking about 'money'/dollars as the little green rectangles with images of dead republicrats emblazoned..as you may or may not know, the VAST majority of 'dollars' are nothing more that numbers in some bank ledger in some computer!.. but you can be forgiven...after all nobody has ever honestly talked about this HUGE STINKING fraud 'publicly'...have they?..(RP maybe did his best but he was QUICKLY squelched..)
    Most of us here know what a dollar is:
    The law (US Coinage Act of 2 February 1792) defines a dollar as 371.25 grains of pure silver. This is a weight, nothing more and nothing less; a true dollar is an exact amount of silver by weight.
    We also know the difference between a silver certificate and a note.

We also understand fractional reserve banking and we have a major goal to End The Fed specifically because central banking the the number one fraud in our nation.

Have you ever read any Rothbard?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Yikes! Presence, your first mistake is
    Look homie... you're new here... Rest assured I fully grasp this issue and most of the people on this message board with a full reputation bar are very well informed as well.

You have more intellectual allies here than you realize and you've entered the room throwing mud; that my friend is your first mistake.

Last edited by presence; 11-10-2014 at 09:05 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The Fed Bought What?

Mises Daily: Monday, August 13, 2007 by John Paul Koning

The US Federal Reserve injected $38 billion dollars into the economy via temporary open market operations this Friday. This is the largest number of temporary repurchase agreements (specifically, one business day repos) entered into by the Fed since September 11, 2001. Back in 2001, Fed purchases of treasuries exceeded $30 billion for the four consecutive days after the collapse of the World Trade Towers, total temporary injections into the banking system amounting to a whopping $295 billion.
    What is significant about Friday's repurchase agreements is not so much their size, but the securities that the Fed exchanged for money: mortgage-backed securities (MBS). Indeed, the entire $38 billion dollar injection went to MBS purchases, the largest open market purchase of this asset type ever conducted by the Fed, smashing the previous record of $8.6 billion set back in September of 2005. See chart, above.[1]
    http://mises.org/daily/2676
    Last edited by presence; 11-10-2014 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    You have more intellectual allies here than you realize and you've entered the room throwing mud...
    He came here to throw mud. What did you expect him to do, walk in with two handfuls of mud and just stand around holding them?

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    ... that my friend is your first mistake.
    Nice of you to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I very much doubt if that's true. I suspect it's just the first one we saw him make.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 11-10-2014 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Most of us here know what a dollar is:

We also know the difference between a silver certificate and a note.

We also understand fractional reserve banking and we have a major goal to End The Fed specifically because central banking the the number one fraud in our nation.

Have you ever read any Rothbard?
    Sounds about right to me .

Nice of you to give him the benefit of the doubt
    we can't get anywhere without coalitions

that said... I think I've put all the effort I can into this for the day...

time to go blast some firewood; I just had another triaxle log load delivered

on barter

Which begs the question...--if you guys truly understand our money system (doubtful) then you must understand there is no 'free market'..the whole stinking thing is rigged..you are a slave....etc. ad nauseam...

??When have any of your stinking Republicrat politicians given this mo$t important of issues any honest scrutiny?...your Gd fools spend all their time yacking about deficits, trade deals, minimum wage, taxation, etc. ad GD nauseam!!..NEVER STRIKING THE ROOT$...

Ummm. I think you are attacking the wrong people in this forum. Many of us are quite aware how the powers at be have gradually purchased the unyielding compliance of the general populace by currency manipulation.

From now on all my posts will be in the form of a challenge. I challenge any of you to tell me why I shouldn't!
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast