Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martin Armstrong: The Forecaster (documentary)

All swans are white.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    HH, this snark is beneath you. Of course the movie is liberty oriented, and it sounds fascinating to me. Check out the clips. It did very well at the IDFA. But hey, there's no arguing taste, especially when people are predisposed to disliking something, or refuse to open their minds.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/02/09/27063/

The Greek crisis began exactly on the Pi turning date to the day.
    He talks a bit about programming his computer here:

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/0...-intelligence/

He said he was writing a book on it. Still waiting!
    Last edited by Lucille; 02-10-2015 at 01:10 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Martin Armstrong from 2013: (DOW was 16,000)

This has been one of his many bad calls.

A good forecaster? Sure. Some kind of savant who can predict the future? Not a chance.
    It's just an opinion... man...

It's not October 2015 yet. How about we revisit that forecast when the time actually comes? (32:00)

Also, he has never claimed to be a savant who can predict the future.
    Last edited by Lucille; 02-12-2015 at 12:40 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    HH, this snark is beneath you. Of course the movie is liberty oriented, and it sounds fascinating to me. Check out the clips.
    I did. I watched a bunch of the first video you posted. I do not see how the movie is promoting freedom. And I do think it would be boring to me to watch. To each his own, for sure! But I see no reason to bemoan the lack of showing for this film at Sundance. Its absence is not a "Blow Struck Against Liberty!"
    Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 02-13-2015 at 10:25 AM.

"Blow Struck Against Liberty!"
    Said no one ever.

I watched a bunch of the first video you posted. I do not see how the movie is promoting freedom.
    Really? You mean aside from the fact that he was a political prisoner? Too bad this wasn't part of your "bunch."

Here are his essays on The Club:

What follows is 62 pages of Martin Armstrong spilling what he knows about the club, about politicians, about Goldman Sachs, Warren Buffett, murder, international intrigue, and his own involvement in all of it. We’ve seen a lot of it before, but this is certainly the most comprehensive and reads like a mini-epic in the making.

Those who have not followed Armstrong’s case will learn a great deal about it from reading this. Here you will get a good narrative of his perspective and how the events of his case are related to world happenings and market manipulations by members of the “club.” There is so much here to point out that I’m not even going to try and instead just recommend that you designate a couple of hours this weekend, sit down and read it.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/24915703/B...Monty-Part-One
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/24916056/B...Monty-Part-Two
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/24916208/B...nty-Part-Three
    More about his theory, and his experiences with the corrupt judiciary (including an explanation of his 3D charts which so bewildered HH) here:

It's Just Time
    http://armstrongeconomics.com/wp-con...-armstrong.pdf

--Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    You mean aside from the fact that he was a political prisoner?
    Yes. Yes, I mean apart from that.

Too bad this wasn't part of your "bunch."
    I did know about that, actually. I suppose it does serve to undermine the government if people think that the WTC attack was either a conspiracy done by the government or one which they should have been able to prevent but through extreme incompetency did not. So that's one anti-government (and thus pro-freedom) point. So, great; point for you. If the movie talks about that episode, then I admit that I guess it's pro-freedom.

(including an explanation of his 3D charts which so bewildered HH)
    No, not bewildered. Astonished!

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/0...-and-the-goal/

I have been asked what will the average person take away from this film. After all, I did not need to do this movie for out clients since they already know the truth behind the curtain. My objective here has been to expose the political-economic system to the average person so they might understand when the economy turns down, who to really blame. We cannot move forward unless we honestly free ourselves from the corruption and manipulation that tries desperately to hide what is going on. This is about the type of world we are leaving behind for our children and as it stands now, we have brought them into a world of economic slavery with the dwindling light of freedom.

It has been my hope that if enough people really understand what is going on and the manipulations behind the scenes, just maybe we can prevent the swing to the hard left and perhaps avert wars with people positioned on a chessboard as the mere pawns of finance. There may not be many islands left we can flee to in this new authoritarian world that is emerging. The left is already touting the evil is Capitalism and their solution has never changed – seize property by force and oppress anyone who disagrees with their vision of utopia.
    [...]
    What I hope people will take away from this is understanding it is not simply the “rich” or the “bankers” that are at fault. Government is at the center of this corruption and whenever it goes terribly bad, they rush to protect their friends, not help society of protect the economy. There is never any original thought and there is certainly never a flicker of light that even bothers to spark an idea that perhaps we should really reform.
    [...]
    The economy is going to turn down VERY hard. The next decline will be far worse than the past from an economic perspective for there has been a very shallow recovery. Indeed, outside the USA, the economies of Europe, Asia, and Russia are all declining. Once the US turns down starting by October 2015, there will be nothing left holding up the global economy and deflation will get much worse. The dollar will rise with deflation and that will set in motion a massive new round of sovereign debt defaults and restructures. What began in Greece has become a contagion and we will see the price for our complacency with political-economy.

So my hope is to educate as many people as possible in a probably futile attempt to reduce the contraction in magnitude and hopefully push back the swing toward authoritarianism to freedom. That is the greatest gift I can leave my own posterity.
    --Albert J. Nock

Anyone know where this can be streamed online? It's only been shown a few times but I was hoping someone would bootleg it.
    It's just an opinion... man...

I was looking around for it but all I see is a VOD rental for 72 hours at the cost of $50. No I'm not joking.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul4Prez2012 View Post
    I was looking around for it but all I see is a VOD rental for 72 hours at the cost of $50. No I'm not joking.
    Because it hasn't been released on DVD yet. It's still in the theaters. The VOD was a special offer for those that didn't want to wait.

Is it online?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

You can watch it on vimeo. We watched it a few weeks ago. Got a discount. https://vimeo.com/ondemand/theforecaster/125134028

It played in LA a few months back. If you're in or near NJ: Special Showing of “The Forecaster” in Cherry Hill, New Jersey on August 1, 2015 at 5PM

Truth be told, it could have been better. That said, there was nothing in it that was new to me since I've been reading his writings since he was in prison.

They're talking about a feature film.
    --Albert J. Nock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12