Thread: Election Is Over. Time To Build Infrastructure.

Supporting Member
    Florida

Blog Entries

Exclamation Election Is Over. Time To Build Infrastructure.

The election is finally over, and now it's time to move on. We need to begin to work and build the infrastructure and support for liberty, and eventually, liberty candidates. We need to, as people of Florida, work together, to lay the necessary groundwork in spreading the message of liberty, work on spreading liberty to people of all groups, and pulling people together to support others as well. This would be great to have if Rand was running.

Florida is the 3rd largest state. There are small pockets of liberty here, and nothing really has a major pull. The LP here is a bit disorganized in some counties, and the GOP is hostile still. We need to fix things here, before we even begin with 2016.

If you'd like to assist in this, shoot me a PM here, and let's get some work done.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    WHOA NELLY! - Please don't.
    We don't need another "Facebook is the new Meetup" disaster.
    We already have tons of overlapping and sometimes inactive infrastructure. We don't need more fragmentation and we do need to talk to Team Rand before building out new infrastructure.

Most importantly, we need a uniform rollout with clear paths of communication.
    Lets not repeat RP II or to a lesser extent RP I...

We really don't need people going loose cannon again.

-t

ps: I'm one of the people that set up most of the infrastructure for Ron's initial prez run and organized organizers.
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 11-06-2014 at 07:45 PM.

Supporting Member
    Florida

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    We already have tons of overlapping and sometimes inactive infrastructure. We don't need more fragmentation and we do need to talk to Team Rand before building out new infrastructure.

-t

ps: I'm one of the people that set up most of the infrastructure for Ron's initial prez run and organized organizers.
    Thanks for stopping me before something bad happened.

A very positive step you could take at this point is trying to figure out what is in your state. Yahoo, Meetup, MySpace, Facebook, C4L, YAL, LP, message forums, etc. Who's active, who are the organizers, how strong? Stuff like that.

Just please wait before starting anything new till we figure out, nationally and with the official campaign, what direction we want to go and how not to repeat mistakes from past campaigns.

thanks,

-t

planning
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Supporting Member
    Florida

Blog Entries
    A very positive step you could take at this point is trying to figure out what is in your state. Yahoo, Meetup, MySpace, Facebook, C4L, YAL, LP, message forums, etc. Who's active, who are the organizers, how strong? Stuff like that.

Just please wait before starting anything new till we figure out, nationally and with the official campaign, what direction we want to go and how not to repeat mistakes from past campaigns.

thanks,

-t
    That actually is a good idea. Perhaps I'll try to put something like together. Maybe in December when I have the time. Thanks for that.

-t

There are issues packed into the premises that are not resolved. Arguably the mistakes of the movement were its "uniform rollout" (code for under whom, exactly?) centered around the Paul campaign, instead of a more durable grassroots-centered build-up. The most interesting and innovative ideas for promoting Paul came from the "loose cannons," from money bombs to blimps to call-in efforts, that the "official campaign" was hesitant to even think about. Most of the communication problem was with the campaign insufficiently engaging the grassroots, not the reverse. And so on.

There is a need for the already identified activists (from previous cycles) to get back in touch (online and offline), so presumably each state should develop a means of re-establishing their network. An activist base can then work on the other projects such as building their core numbers through alliances (CFL people communicating with pro-liberty Tea Party people and LP/CP members willing to help). We have to be prepared for reasonable divisions or "fragmentation" (say, if Rand ends up hiring Benton and co, some people will get off the bus), and a longer term planning after 2016 (should Rand's campaign fail).
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

I'm relatively new to this angle, I'm in South Florida but I'm ready now to do whatever is needed as soon as necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So anyone who's seeing this in Miami Dade or Broward....PM me.
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

Let me know when you start to identify liberty candidates in Florida. We have the ability to spread the word much faster than would otherwise be possible.
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
    Let me know when you start to identify liberty candidates in Florida. We have the ability to spread the word much faster than would otherwise be possible.
    Campaign for Liberty sent me an email.

Quote Originally Posted by E-mail
    Philippe,

Before you vote tomorrow, do you know where your candidates stand on major liberty issues?

Have they said what they think of Audit the Fed?

Will they support shutting down the TSA or ending the NSA's unconstitutional domestic spying program?

How about opposing using military action without a declaration of war?

Did your state-level candidates respond about the pressing issues affecting your local area?

Philippe, I've written you recently about Campaign for Liberty's hard-hitting Candidate Survey program.

This comprehensive program puts candidates on the record on many of the greatest challenges facing our nation today.

With a skyrocketing debt and Big Government constantly assaulting individual liberty, it's never been more important we know where our current legislators and potential legislators stand - and that we pour on the pressure to hold them to their word once they're in office, if they pledge to protect liberty.

Find out how your candidates answered our survey here.

If they didn't get back to us, there's still time to urge them to return their survey right away.

Thank you for your support of Campaign for Liberty and the freedom message!

For Liberty,
    http://secure.campaignforliberty.org/pc.php
    Ron Paul
    Chairman

P.S. Before you head to the polls tomorrow, find out where your candidates stand on liberty issues here.

P.P.S. Campaign for Liberty does not support, oppose, or endorse candidates for office. The goal of the Campaign for Liberty survey is only for keeping candidates true to their word should they be elected. It should not be construed as an endorsement of any candidate.

You are encouraged to research each of your candidates to make an informed decision on their positions.

Because of Campaign For Liberty's tax-exempt status under IRC Sec. 501(C)(4) and its state and federal legislative activities, contributions are not tax deductible as charitable contributions (IRC § 170) or as business deductions (IRC § 162(e)(1)).
    Link is here http://www.campaignforliberty.org/surveys/