Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming. Pah! Key West sets record cold temperatures

Global Warming. Pah! Key West sets record cold temperatures

Weekend temperatures set cold mark in Key West

John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park in Key Largo saw the lowest dip in temperatures at 52 degrees Sunday morning. Marathon had the second lowest temperature of the weekend with 56 degrees.

Key West hit 61 degrees and reached just 70 degrees Sunday, eclipsing the city's 1887 record for the lowest daytime high for Nov. 2 of 72 degrees.

"The story began Friday when the wind started to ramp up behind the initial cold front that was weaker," said Matthew Bloemer, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Key West. "Saturday had a much more robust cold front coming through followed by very abrupt wind speeds."
    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It would have been even colder but for the cows farting-up the atmosphere.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Good God!

Think of the polar bears man.....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Good God!

Think of the polar bears man.....
    At this rate the polar bears will be riding the manatees.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

I wish I had bought a weather station with a logger in the 90's, then I'd have some interesting data now. Still considering it but it's not a priority.

From what I can remember, we had some pretty decent hot summers in the 90's and we used to be able to walk/skate on the ice for a week or more a year. In the 00's we had very little snow or walkable ice and summers weren't as hot as before on average - less extremes. Now in the last few years we have been getting colder winters and hotter summers again. This year we had a lot warm days but no real extremes. So far it seems to me like this is going to be a mild winter, the predictions from the national weather service are that we're going to have a cold winter. We'll see, they have been wrong more than once.

It's not "Global Warming" anymore. Get with it. It's "CLIMATE CHANGE!!!!!!" Your post just proved that the CLIMATE changed from the norm. They win.

Full on El Niño.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I wish I had bought a weather station with a logger in the 90's, then I'd have some interesting data now. Still considering it but it's not a priority.

From what I can remember, we had some pretty decent hot summers in the 90's and we used to be able to walk/skate on the ice for a week or more a year. In the 00's we had very little snow or walkable ice and summers weren't as hot as before on average - less extremes. Now in the last few years we have been getting colder winters and hotter summers again. This year we had a lot warm days but no real extremes. So far it seems to me like this is going to be a mild winter, the predictions from the national weather service are that we're going to have a cold winter. We'll see, they have been wrong more than once.
    There are these roughly 7-12 year "El Niño / La Niña" cycles that have a lot to do with ocean currents and the jetstreams.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post

If you are just looking for data, you can get it at the following site.
    http://www.wunderground.com

Cold temp record for the day.
    But the Key West low temp record is 41 degrees.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    If you are just looking for data, you can get it at the following site.
    http://www.wunderground.com
    ^^ My go-to weather people. Demonstrated most accurate time and again. I used to keep 3 or 4 different weather apps on my phone, and I don't bother anymore. I've never actually been to their website. All I know is their smartphone weather app makes everyone else's look like a rotary phone.

Take that back. I have been to their web site. it's just been a long time ago and I'm going senile.

Climate Changes are ALL driven by the cyclic (and sometimes random)
    output fluctuations from the sun that result in Earth's overall climate
    ...but it supposedly can be CONTROLLED!

Just need virgins and an active volcano...

If that does not work, mankind may have to once again,
    carefully choose and then vote for a final solution.

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    Climate Changes are ALL driven by the cyclic (and sometimes random)
    output fluctuations from the sun that result in Earth's overall climate
    ...but it supposedly can be CONTROLLED!

Just need virgins and an active volcano...

If that does not work, mankind may have to once again,
    carefully choose and then vote for a final solution.
    Actually I'm kinda looking for a giant volcano to just emerge out of the south west Indian Ocean, followed by the loss of the San Andreas fault. I imagine California will become an archipelago. I wish all those people could be somewhere safe if/when it happens, but what am I going to do, walk around LA in a sandwich board?

This is our first year of deep El Niño in a very long time. The last La Niña went on for ev er.

Climatology predictions suffers the same problems as economic predictions, to many variables and not enough accurate data.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Climatology predictions suffers the same problems as economic predictions, to many variables and not enough accurate data.
    Some things are pretty well known. How the jet streams react to ocean currents, red tides in Eastern South America corresponding to distinct weather patterns in North America. It's like sociology, trends are easy, events are impossible.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The cat in the cage is pacing and acting quite nervous,
    so the time draws nigh indeed...

Keep those escape bathyscaphe batteries fully charged
    and check the expiration dates on your food rations!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It's not "Global Warming" anymore. Get with it. It's "CLIMATE CHANGE!!!!!!" Your post just proved that the CLIMATE changed from the norm. They win.
    Climate Disruption!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Some things are pretty well known. How the jet streams react to ocean currents, red tides in Eastern South America corresponding to distinct weather patterns in North America. It's like sociology, trends are easy, events are impossible.
    I'm not convinced. Recognizing a trend happening is one thing, but how do you predict when or what a future trend will be? Regardless, modeling a sophisticated system is a fools errand.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

I'm not convinced. Recognizing a trend happening is one thing, but how do you predict when or what a future trend will be? Regardless, modeling a sophisticated system is a fools errand.
    Check out this cool video!

http://www.nnvl.noaa.gov/Requests/ENSO-1997-2000.mp4

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Climate Disruption!
    It's only a "Disruption" now? Well, that certainly doesn't seem as bad as a "Change." I don't see what the the big deal is in that case.

It's only a "Disruption" now? Well, that certainly doesn't seem as bad as a "Change." I don't see what the the big deal is in that case.
    Next it will be a Climate Speedbump.

We're talking about GLOBAL Climate Disruption!!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Side note, I don't like the whole "OMG record low temperatures LOL @ global warming" thing, because we're taking what the climate change alarmists do (cherry-picking data or taking a sample so small as to be meaningless) and doing that x1000, looking at a single observation instead of a short time series. It's maybe funny as a joke in our circle but it's a terrible argument to make generally.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by malkusm View Post
    It's maybe funny as a joke in our circle but it's a terrible argument to make generally.
    There's no arguing with climate alarmists. Simply back away slowly and do not take your eyes off them until you are out of harms way.

Good thing I live on an Oblate Spheroid.

To be fair that is more frightening than a global climate speedbump.

I'm not the one talking about crossing the streams here. Total protonic reversals happens.
    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

There's no arguing with climate alarmists. Simply back away slowly and do not take your eyes off them until you are out of harms way.
    The same holds true for zealots of every stripe.
    XNN

Even if economists had perfectly accurate data and very few variables to deal with, the element of "human action" would STILL knock any of their predictive models into a cocked hat. As futile as the development of accurate, precise and long-term-predictive climatological models may be, that pesky "human action" thing is, at least, one "fly in the ointment" that climatologists don't have to contend with.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I wouldn't say it's a fool's errand. Rather, let us say it's an errand that fools like to run. But not all who run such errands are fools. Attempts to model complex non-linear systems (especially those involving weather and the climate) have contributed enormously to the development of "chaos theory" and our understanding of non-linear dynamics.

And at least it's possible for climatologists to rigorously and objectively define their variables and data elements, and then reproducibly measure them with accuracy and precision. "Social" scientists (such as economists and sociologists) can't even do that much. Developing reliably useful predictive models of complex non-linear systems is enormously difficult, if not practically impossible. But when those systems involve the element of "human action," the task becomes essentially impossible. Unlike people, clouds and cold fronts don't "choose" to do whatever it is that they do - and they certainly don't make choices about what they do in the context of knowledge (or lack thereof) of past events or possible futures.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast