Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Liberty Candidates

C4L is looking for county coordinators, they have the old lists of Paul people.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Florida

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Great idea!
    Let's see what the general public would think about this.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Been saying this since 2007.
    Are you going to run again?
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Are you going to run again?
    Let's hope so! It would be great to see Gunny back in office!
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
    It really doesn't have to be formal, but we need a person willing to take on every task and be that person for their state or effort. If you don't take it on, then that role remains vacant. If you do, know there are people willing to coordinate and do what it takes to help.

We are really an organization that works by volunteerism. People are as good as their effort. Our only uniting thread is our common cause. My suggestion is do it if you can, and take on what you are willing to continuously contribute to. If you step up and coordinate your intentions (and of course they adhere to liberty), we will work to step up to help and recruit others to do the same. We have the combination of intelligence, resources, and coordination that we can definitely influence a state race. We may even be able to tip the balance in a Federal House race. We probably should not focus on U.S. Senate races unless we have a solid candidate like Greg Brannon who is worth supporting win or lose.
    It sounds like folks are talking about a grassroots organization with real leadership who can recruit, train, and mobilize grassroots efforts on behalf of liberty candidates and legislation. The obvious choice would be Campaign For Liberty, who, at least in Texas, is looking for county and regional directors. I am considering taking on such a role. I was not really involved in the presidential runs … does anyone have any thoughts about C4L? As far as I can tell, they have been largely absent in the recent mid-term elections (especially in Texas).

Quote Originally Posted by gnuschler View Post
    It sounds like folks are talking about a grassroots organization with real leadership who can recruit, train, and mobilize grassroots efforts on behalf of liberty candidates and legislation. The obvious choice would be Campaign For Liberty, who, at least in Texas, is looking for county and regional directors. I am considering taking on such a role. I was not really involved in the presidential runs … does anyone have any thoughts about C4L? As far as I can tell, they have been largely absent in the recent mid-term elections (especially in Texas).
    Yeah, my understanding is that C4L cannot endorse candidates. However, they do give them surveys and such. Example here:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...to-C4L-surveys
    But you can meet members of C4L and get them involved directly in politics outside of the organization. While using C4L to educate and inform.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    This effort needs to be duplicated across all 50 states: Identify seats becoming open as early on as possible. Identify Ron Paul supporters in those districts, and recruit them to run. Then teach those candidates how to run, and polish them while there is plenty of time to do so.
    I am ready to start picking people to run around my area.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    How about listing everyone who won their races this year for starters? I know they have not announced for reelection, but it will keep their names in everyone's minds. We can update with whoever seeks higher office or retires. I have yet to see a full list of our people who won this year in local races. I know the candidates in my state, Shem, Nisley, and that's about it.

This could at least be a Liberty Incumbent thread for starters. We can call out 'our guys' if they vote contrary to their promises.
    This thread needs to take place immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Federal liberty candidates is up on the original post. We have two senate members and 13 house members that met our criteria for liberty candidate.
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

Federal liberty candidates is up on the original post. We have two senate members and 13 house members that met our criteria for liberty candidate.
    Are you going to paste their names into the thread at some point, or just leave the link?
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Are you going to paste their names into the thread at some point, or just leave the link?
    No way I'm updating multiple places again! Last time I tried that I had to have four windows open every time I made a change.

Oh, and Federal Fellow Travelers is up. Four senate members and seven house members made the cut. I have a few more on the pending list from the election, but we'll have to give them a few months to see their voting record as they left quite a few positions in question.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Alright, the incumbents are listed in the top four links for the federal and state level. Still working on the state specific pages. Let's make the list better and find every liberty candidate around the country and ensure they get the proper support!

I am still working on going through a couple of submissions from invisible and others too. Will try and do another scrub of incumbents before the candidates start declaring (and also give some time for some of the borderline ones to get voting records)

"We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    We had chances to throw out Cochran, Graham, Alexander, McConnell, and Roberts this year. We failed in all of those. In order to take out a sitting senator, you need a massive grassroots effort throughout the state. These incumbents have millions upon millions to throw at the problem.

Supporting Member
    Florida

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    There definitely needs to be a good liberty candidate in that race. An opposition to McCain neo-con ways is almost a must.

That being said, I know nothing of Schweikert nor Jones. I'd need to do me some research.

We had chances to throw out Cochran, Graham, Alexander, McConnell, and Roberts this year. We failed in all of those. In order to take out a sitting senator, you need a massive grassroots effort throughout the state. These incumbents have millions upon millions to throw at the problem.
    Not only that, we also failed to get a Liberty Candidate into the open US Senate seat in OK. There was a pretty massive grassroots effort behind Randy Brogdon, and yet we still ended up with Senator wankford. Overcoming a media blackout and out of state PAC money pouring into a statewide race is difficult. Maybe we'll have better luck in two years, but it'll be more difficult to get wankford out, now that he's there. Not to mention insult added to injury by wankford's open CD5 seat being taken by warmonger russell, the biggest missed opportunity for a Liberty Candidate in 2014.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Not only that, we also failed to get a Liberty Candidate into the open US Senate seat in OK. There was a pretty massive grassroots effort behind Randy Brogdon, and yet we still ended up with Senator wankford. Overcoming a media blackout and out of state PAC money pouring into a statewide race is difficult. Maybe we'll have better luck in two years, but it'll be more difficult to get wankford out, now that he's there. Not to mention insult added to injury by wankford's open CD5 seat being taken by warmonger russell, the biggest missed opportunity for a Liberty Candidate in 2014.
    You are the grassroots in OK. Keep building your organization so you can pull a Dave Brat upset there soon!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro97 View Post
    There definitely needs to be a good liberty candidate in that race. An opposition to McCain neo-con ways is almost a must.

That being said, I know nothing of Schweikert nor Jones. I'd need to do me some research.
    Schweikert hinted the timing might not be right for a Senate run, noting that he just got back on the U.S. House Financial Services Committee, which allows him to "go back to much of the work that I really enjoy doing." Schweikert lost the prestigious committee assignment in 2012, shortly after defeating fellow incumbent U.S. Rep. Ben Quayle, R-Ariz., in his primary. At the time two other fiscal conservatives were similarly rebuked by House Republican leaders.
    Schweikert seems good on some issues. As stated above, he stood up to the "establishment".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Remember, we have a sub-forum that serves as a list of liberty candidates, where every candidate has their own thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdi...ign-Evaluation

We may need to create a single summary thread for all candidates related to those individual threads.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Remember, we have a sub-forum that serves as a list of liberty candidates, where every candidate has their own thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdi...ign-Evaluation

We may need to create a single summary thread for all candidates related to those individual threads.
    If it had a current and archived version and was constantly kept up to date it would be useful for that purpose.

I deal with a lot of people asking me questions, and most people aren't tuned in to politics like we are. They don't have time to sift through a lot of information and need consolidated info. My whole goal was to provide that to people who have had to piece together information in the past. On the federal level it's manageable. Believe me, when you start getting down to the state level it is difficult to keep up and maintain a steady standard.

If it had a current and archived version and was constantly kept up to date it would be useful for that purpose.

I deal with a lot of people asking me questions, and most people aren't tuned in to politics like we are. They don't have time to sift through a lot of information and need consolidated info. My whole goal was to provide that to people who have had to piece together information in the past. On the federal level it's manageable. Believe me, when you start getting down to the state level it is difficult to keep up and maintain a steady standard.
    Hopefully the info I've provided has helped. Your last sentence raises an interesting point. How exactly do we measure this at the state level? Different states have different issues and problems. Sure we can see how legislators vote on issues such as gun control, taxes, education, abortion, etc. But those issues aren't necessarily the best for determining true Liberty Candidate status, you have to look beyond standard party line type of votes for that. Another problem is lots of good legislation gets killed in committee, and never makes it to a floor vote. It takes a lot more research to see who actually introduces good legislation. Measuring Liberty Candidate status at the state level is much more difficult, there isn't a one size fits all solution that can universally be applied.

Hopefully the info I've provided has helped. Your last sentence raises an interesting point. How exactly do we measure this at the state level? Different states have different issues and problems. Sure we can see how legislators vote on issues such as gun control, taxes, education, abortion, etc. But those issues aren't necessarily the best for determining true Liberty Candidate status, you have to look beyond standard party line type of votes for that. Another problem is lots of good legislation gets killed in committee, and never makes it to a floor vote. It takes a lot more research to see who actually introduces good legislation. Measuring Liberty Candidate status at the state level is much more difficult, there isn't a one size fits all solution that can universally be applied.
    If they vote no on all the bad stuff, they are generally liberty candidates.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

All very true. It's easier for me if they have a voting record. What takes me a ton of time is reviewing candidates vying for office at the state level. Combing through speeches, public statements, social media, etc. is difficult. They get a boost when you find out that they were a Ron Paul delegate in 2008 or something similar, but it's not always easy to differentiate the liberty candidate from the cookie-cutter Republican saying things to get elected.

It's all worth it though if a few people notice a good candidate and help to get them elected. Just as the effort you are making to build a network in OK will pay off. Take over all of the local politics with liberty lovers and the bigger fish will follow!

If they vote no on all the bad stuff, they are generally liberty candidates.
    But that's not always a true measure of a Liberty Candidate. The generic Republican can vote against just about all of the bad stuff, but if no legislation genuinely advancing liberty makes it to a floor vote, then it's much more difficult to separate the generic Republican legislator from real Liberty Candidates.

All very true. It's easier for me if they have a voting record. What takes me a ton of time is reviewing candidates vying for office at the state level. Combing through speeches, public statements, social media, etc. is difficult. They get a boost when you find out that they were a Ron Paul delegate in 2008 or something similar, but it's not always easy to differentiate the liberty candidate from the cookie-cutter Republican saying things to get elected.

It's all worth it though if a few people notice a good candidate and help to get them elected. Just as the effort you are making to build a network in OK will pay off. Take over all of the local politics with liberty lovers and the bigger fish will follow!
    The network here in OK was already well built before I got here, I just pretty much joined it.
    Aside from any online evidence of being a Ron Paul supporter, I've found that one of the best measurements has been looking at legislation that has been introduced, but got killed off in committee. Some great legislation gets written here in OK, but only a tiny fraction of it ever actually makes it to a floor vote. The statists who are chairing the committees kill it all off, so there is no choice but to look at who authored what, and who cosponsored before it got killed off.

C4L is looking for county coordinators, they have the old lists of Paul people.
    I'm torn on C4L.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    I'm torn on C4L.
    Yeah, but they have the lists of supporters by county. If you can use that to meet local people...
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, but they have the lists of supporters by county. If you can use that...
    I've made my own lists by now.
    Most of us in this state have figured out if we don't lead, ain't no one gonna... Time to stop waiting for "someone else"
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

How bout Jason Overstreet, Jurgs?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post5717936
    Last edited by William Tell; 12-01-2014 at 09:22 PM.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

He looked like he would be, but he didn't run for reelection in 2014.
    http://ballotpedia.org/Jason_Overstreet

He looked like he would be, but he didn't run for reelection in 2014.
    http://ballotpedia.org/Jason_Overstreet
    this is who took his place: http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2014...will.html?rh=1

VanWerven, vice chairwoman of the Washington State Republican Party, appears likely to take over the seat in a Republican-leaning district. She is also a former chairwoman of Whatcom County Republicans.

During his two terms in Olympia, Overstreet staked out political territory on the right wing of a conservative party. Among other things, he endorsed Sharam Hadian for governor instead of then-Attorney General Rob McKenna, the candidate favored by the party mainstream. He also endorsed Ron Paul's presidential bid.
    Last edited by mosquitobite; 12-02-2014 at 06:34 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast