Thread: Technically Not New, But Coming On More & More Recently

Supporting Member
    Florida

Blog Entries

Smile Technically Not New, But Coming On More & More Recently

I never did formally introduce myself here, and since I am coming on here more and more recently, I'll take a moment. My name is Jeff. I'm a senior in High school, and I live in West Palm Beach, Florida. Not a lot of libertarian-minded people I've met yet here, but I have hope.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Welcome!

Awesome - welcome!

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro97 View Post
    I never did formally introduce myself here, and since I am coming on here more and more recently, I'll take a moment. My name is Jeff. I'm a senior in High school, and I live in West Palm Beach, Florida. Not a lot of libertarian-minded people I've met yet here, but I have hope.
    Greetings , I need no formal introduction. I have been many places, but maybe never been exactly to West Palm Beach , which was originally called Lake Worth County .By the early 1760's the native inhabitants were nearly wiped out , and a previous white race as well . This is when the Seminole moved in . By the late 1850's the govt managed to kill most of them.By 1890 , there were , maybe 200 white people ( farmers ) in the county . Probably , by the last year Indian cents were issued , ( 1909 ) , it was all over. Good Luck !

Supporting Member
    Florida

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Greetings , I need no formal introduction. I have been many places, but maybe never been exactly to West Palm Beach , which was originally called Lake Worth County .By the early 1760's the native inhabitants were nearly wiped out , and a previous white race as well . This is when the Seminole moved in . By the late 1850's the govt managed to kill most of them.By 1890 , there were , maybe 200 white people ( farmers ) in the county . Probably , by the last year Indian cents were issued , ( 1909 ) , it was all over. Good Luck !
    That's actually very interesting. I used to actually live in Virginia Beach, VA, which used to be called Princess Anne County. It was a a big area for indians, if I remember right. Right on the mouth of the Chesapeake. If I remember right, settlers of Jamestown stopped there, but then moved up towards, well, where they'd start Jamestown. First Landing State Park is a nice big swamp really. I don't think anyone would want to be there, and a lot of the town was partially swamp too. Yet there wasn't a big movement of people into the town till the mid-1950's with the connection of a railroad from nearby Norfolk. Other than that, it was a small place mostly for farmers.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro97 View Post
    That's actually very interesting. I used to actually live in Virginia Beach, VA, which used to be called Princess Anne County. It was a a big area for indians, if I remember right. Right on the mouth of the Chesapeake. If I remember right, settlers of Jamestown stopped there, but then moved up towards, well, where they'd start Jamestown. First Landing State Park is a nice big swamp really. I don't think anyone would want to be there, and a lot of the town was partially swamp too. Yet there wasn't a big movement of people into the town till the mid-1950's with the connection of a railroad from nearby Norfolk. Other than that, it was a small place mostly for farmers.
    I have seen an ancient flint spear point from near there . The flint is from modern day Northern France . It is at the Smithsonian .

Welcome!

I used to live in FL but I am in college in Va now...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Florida

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I have seen an ancient flint spear point from near there . The flint is from modern day Northern France . It is at the Smithsonian .
    I've got no relics from there, but that really cool.

Supporting Member
    Florida

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Welcome!

I used to live in FL but I am in college in Va now...
    I used to live in Virginia, but now I'm down in FL, but if I could, I'd go to college in VA. Better schools.
    Last edited by jeffro97; 11-07-2014 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Forgot quote.