Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul Blimp Questions??? I have answers.

Ron Paul Blimp Questions??? I have answers.

My name is Katharine and you can see me under Media on the Ron Paul blimp site. Please ask questions in this thread or email them to: inquiries@ronpaulblimp.com

P.S. I am not a lawyer and I do not know everything. I think I can clarify a lot of things and provide helpful information. Please do not consider anything I say to be legally binding. If I contradict the website it trumps me until I can get it fixed if it's wrong and it trumps me forever if I'm wrong. Basically, I'm going to do my best to answer your questions in a straightforward and honest manner but I make no absolute guarantees that I am right.

*I have unthinkingly been using Liberty Advertising as shorthand for Liberty Political Advertising so please take note that Liberty Political Advertising is the real name of this company.
    Last edited by Mckarnin; 12-03-2007 at 12:06 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are you guys currently hiring?

PeacePlan

Can we volunteer to ride around on the blimp and do your jobs for free?

Good question, I not only know people who would be more than happy to take a pay cut but might actually work for free on the project because they believe in the message and Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by vodalian View Post
    Are you guys currently hiring?
    To the best of my knowledge there is only one position that that they actively hiring for and that is treasurer. They posted a want ad on the forums a week ago and were unsucessful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mckarnin View Post
    To the best of my knowledge there is only one position that that they actively hiring for and that is treasurer. They posted a want ad on the forums a week ago and were unsucessful.
    Sweet, I can do that job! Who should I email my resume to?

Question.

Did you miss the memo? This isn't a volunteer effort. Jobs are starting at $52,000 a year. And those guys are just riding on the blimp with a cell phone camera or something. Renegotiate your terms, it sounds like you have real responsibilities that actually deserves a paycheck.

Are there any plans for the blimp to come to the West Coast?
    “It is in war that the State really comes into its own: swelling in power, in number, in pride, in absolute dominion over the economy and the society.” -- Murray Rothbard

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeacePlan View Post

I currently do my job for free but answering 100's of emails, copywriting and editing is about a 6 hour-8 hour a day job and at some point I may be willing to accept pay but I want to see the blimp in the air first. There are others who work at Liberty Advertising who have been doing volunteer work for RP full time for months and who have exhausted their savings. I have no problem with them taking money instead of starting to sell off personal belongings.

When the flight plan went up an hour ago the site lost Transparency and a PAC headings that were posted on the site but that should be fixed in the morning. That document contains a lot of information about where the money is going. I also know that full job and duty descriptions will probably be posted with each position before long.

On a logistical level...maintaining media contacts and getting things done is hard enough logistically with a handful of collaborators, a huge group of volunteers doing the core jobs that are paid would throw things into total chaos, in my opinion.

Hello Katharine.

I wanted to ask about this entry in the flight plan....

Dump Tea Into Harbor from Blimp
    Sun, Dec 16, 6pm - 8pm
    Could you elaborate on this for us? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PeacePlan View Post

P.S. Where does the idea that we will be riding around on the blimp come from? I am confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Good question, I not only know people who would be more than happy to take a pay cut but might actually work for free on the project because they believe in the message and Ron Paul.

A lot of the people currently working on the project did just that but I think you'll agree that most of us do not have more than a couple months living expenses in savings (if that) and some of the people who organized this have been living off their savings for several months now. ..amd the money is running out. These people are not easily replaceable, once you know the ropes, have the media contacts and relationships with reporters you become invaluable.

Many people are concerned that the project has appeared to become "bloated." Like hiring 2 videographers? We would only need two if we needed to film the blimp from in the air AND on the ground AT THE SAME TIME. Why would we need to do that? Can't one videographer film some while in the air, and then maybe a week later or something film some from the ground? Or how about no videographer at all? The media has lots of cameras, I believe. Also, a webmaster? Just make a public thread on this forum. I guarantee someone (or several people) can do that job for free. Many people (myself included) think there should be drastic cuts in the size of the staff, at least for now anyway until we get the blimp airborne, and many people are holding back donations because of their frustrations. What do you plan to do about this, if anything?
    Last edited by Second_Tier_My_Ass; 12-03-2007 at 03:42 AM.

I currently do my job for free but answering 100's of emails, copywriting and editing is about a 6 hour-8 hour a day job and at some point I may be willing to accept pay but I want to see the blimp in the air first. There are others who work at Liberty Advertising who have been doing volunteer work for RP full time for months and who have exhausted their savings. I have no problem with them taking money instead of starting to sell off personal belongings.

When the flight plan went up an hour ago the site lost Transparency and a PAC headings that were posted on the site but that should be fixed in the morning. That document contains a lot of information about where the money is going. I also know that full job and duty descriptions will probably be posted with each position before long.

On a logistical level...maintaining media contacts and getting things done is hard enough logistically with a handful of collaborators, a huge group of volunteers doing the core jobs that are paid would throw things into total chaos, in my opinion.
    Hey, could you link me with who I should email my resume to? If that treasurer position is still open, I'm the man for the job! I just cave a couple of questions:

Will I be able to also ride in the blimp?
    Will the pay be a check or direct deposit? And how will it work? Weekly? Biweekly? etc
    Thanks in advance.

Sweet, I can do that job! Who should I email my resume to?

inquiries@ronpaulblimp.com

*On a side note, look up the old thread on the treasurer. To qualify for this job you must have strong relevant work experience and a bit of proof that you are a legitimate and active Ron Paul supporter.

Donation for blimp minutes does NOT match Google donation page!

I'm all for the Ron Paul blimp project and went to make my donation. Only problem though was that the number of minutes listed on the ronpaulblimp website did NOT match the number when making the donation through Google! That's a major problem! You guys need to fix this ASAP! When you fix this, then I will make my donation to this project. How could you miss this? You need to get somebody on this ASAP. Thanks.

I had my credit card out and everything! I had to cancel the transaction! Geeezzz
    Last edited by macdee; 12-03-2007 at 03:50 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetic View Post
    Question.

Did you miss the memo? This isn't a volunteer effort. Jobs are starting at $52,000 a year. And those guys are just riding on the blimp with a cell phone camera or something. Renegotiate your terms, it sounds like you have real responsibilities that actually deserves a paycheck.
    Once the blimp is in the air I will be willing to take some pay. I haven't been sacrificing for Ron Paul as long as others involved in this have. I've just been sacrificing because I have kids and a grad student hubby. :-) I'm thinking a stipend, nothing like real world pay..

inquiries@ronpaulblimp.com

*On a side note, look up the old thread on the treasurer. To qualify for this job you must have strong relevant work experience and a bit of proof that you are a legitimate and active Ron Paul supporter.
    Sure, no problem, that's understandable. I will email my resume ASAP!

I really hope I get hired! My wife and I could use the money.. I mean, hell I'm already a free activist, I might as well start getting paid for it, right? Especially considering the pay will be FAR better than I get now!

Quote Originally Posted by Abobo View Post
    Are there any plans for the blimp to come to the West Coast?
    The blimp that is taking off on the 10th and heading to Boston will not be on the west coast because of how much time over unpopulated areas the flight there would take. However, there is another blimp that may become available in your neck of the woods and if we can get blimp Ron Paul 1 fully funded we may be able to have a Ron Paul 2 for the West Coast and the superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by synthetic View Post
    Question.

P.S. Once we get things all set for people to purchase sponsorship we plan to go into the Transparency document and account for how many hours and what the job responsibilities are for the various positions.

Just in case.......I think you may have missed this question on the bottom of page one....

Hello Katharine.

Dump Tea Into Harbor from Blimp
    Sun, Dec 16, 6pm - 8pm

Quote Originally Posted by xexkxex View Post
    Hello Katharine.

I don't know for sure but right off the top of my head I feel like this is the 1st Ammendment lawyer's domain and we are planning on "exercising free speech". I will ask around in the next day or so.

I don't know for sure but right off the top of my head I feel like this is the 1st Ammendment lawyer's domain and we are planning on "exercising free speech". I will ask around in the next day or so.
    Thanks!

Funding question

If on the off chance not enough has been raised by Wednesday, are there plans in action to either get a loan to ensure it goes up or now that its is officially an advertising company maybe the Paul campaign could purchase the shortfall to meet the bare 1 month minimum? (Run-sentences suck but it's late and I'm tired)

The media already knows about this and it would greatly discredit us now if this were not to happen for some reason. I would just appreciate knowing we have some form of a backup in mind. Wednesday is coming real fast.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Second_Tier_My_Ass View Post
    Many people are concerned that the project has appeared to become "bloated." Like hiring 2 videographers? We would only need two if we needed to film the blimp from in the air AND on the ground AT THE SAME TIME. Why would we need to do that? Can't one videographer film some while in the air, and then maybe a week later or something film some from the ground? Or how about no videographer at all? The media has lots of cameras, I believe. Also, a webmaster? Just make a public thread on this forum. I guarantee someone (or several people) can do that job for free. Many people (myself included) think there should be drastic cuts in the size of the staff, at least for now anyway until we get the blimp airborne, and many people are holding back donations because of their frustrations. What do you plan to do about this, if anything?

There have already been drastic cuts made from what was originally proposed. Not salary wise but as far as the additional operational budget goes. I will look into the details as far as having 2 videographers goes and get back to you.

The Ron Paul Blimp Tour is being run by a business, a very new and exciting kind of business at that. As such it requires great legal representation and that is just not free. If you look on the webpage you'll notice that lawyers make up 4 out of 9 people working on this. That is one of the reasons this looks a little bloated.

The full-time webmaster is an absolute must. Once the blimp is in the air the website will have live footage, GPS coordinates, 100's of thousands, perhaps even a million simunltanous viewers and it will have to be managed by one person who can dedicate him or herself to it full-time.

Please continue to ask questions if I am not addressing all of your concerns.

BS - the state Meetups already do this on a local level.

why pay someone to start from scratch and recreate what is already in place?

-n

Question about salaries:

The money collected so far will cover a little over a month's salary for:

8 people at $1000/week

52 weeks x 8000$/week = $416,000

416,000 $ / 12 months = 34,666.66 $/month

$43,750 collected - $34,666 = $8084

so, $43,750 collected is equal to about 1 month plus 1 week salary. 5 weeks = $40,000, so about 5 1/2 weeks salary.

Question:

When are salaries going to start being paid?

Once the blimp is in the air I will be willing to take some pay. I haven't been sacrificing for Ron Paul as long as others involved in this have. I've just been sacrificing because I have kids and a grad student hubby. :-) I'm thinking a stipend, nothing like real world pay..
    Yes but you guys shouldn't be looking at this like a long term goal. The majority of the grassroots just wanted this up for the 16th.

I understand expenses that it cost to get started and what not. But 1,000 a week and 10 people to manage a blimp that already comes equipped with a pilot and a crew is a bit much.

Hey, could you link me with who I should email my resume to? If that treasurer position is still open, I'm the man for the job! I just cave a couple of questions:

Will I be able to also ride in the blimp?
    Will the pay be a check or direct deposit? And how will it work? Weekly? Biweekly? etc
    Thanks in advance.
    Even though the tone of your questions belies your claims that you actually want to work with Liberty Advertising I will provide answers to the best of my ability.

To the best of my knowledge no one who is working on this project has been promised blimp rides (I haven't and am not taking any). Payment arrangements have not been set up for anyone, the only reason payment is on the Transparency document is so that no sponsor will be decived if we get things set up to pay some people soon.

The full-time webmaster is an absolute must. Once the blimp is in the air the website will have live footage, GPS coordinates, 100's of thousands, perhaps even a million simunltanous viewers and it will have to be managed by one person who can dedicate him or herself to it full-time.

Please continue to ask questions if I am not addressing all of your concerns.
    I guess my main complaint is that none of those things you just listed are needed in order to get the blimp in the air and on its way to New England, which is essentially our primary goal with this project.

I think it would be wise to delay even talking about live footage, GPS coordinates, a webmaster, multiple videographers, etc, until we have raised the necessary funds to fly the blimp. Once we're well on our way, if there appear to be excess funds at that point, then you could green light these other ideas.
    Last edited by Second_Tier_My_Ass; 12-03-2007 at 04:09 AM.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast